SkymonkeyONE

CPC Carolinas District meet(s) this weekend at Raeford

We will be running a "double" meet this weekend at Raeford to make up for the incredibly bad weather which has caused us to have to bag two previous meets. I will be setting up the speed course and marking out the distance/zone accuracy this week (probably Thursday) for practice if anyone wants to show up early.

We are going to conduct two six-round meets this weekend NO MATTER WHAT. I am yet undecided on whether to run one complete meet and then re-set the course for another one; or to run and judge both sets of rounds one after the other before changing the course to the next event.

Also, depending on the consensus of the competitors, I will either take two sets of $50 entrance fees and pay all of it out to the winners of each "meet", or I will only take $50 for both meets total and we will just pay out smaller prizes. Keep that in your mind if you are coming.

I intend to run competition rounds on both Saturday and Sunday. If you are competing in the four-way meet on Saturday, I will find a way to accomodate you; I promise.

Sam is coming up from St. George to help out with judging and course construction, but I will for sure need some more volunteers this weekend.

Chuck

Unbelievably, the weather is looking crappy this weekend. We had major thunder boomers last night. That said, I am absolutely sure we are going to have weather to swoop even if they can't do four-way. That should mean better participation, at least on Saturday. For those of you contemplating competing, but who just can't make both meets, give it a whirl anyway. Show me what you got!

I am leaving home right now to go out and setup the speed course for everyone to practice.

Chuck

Well, we got the meet off cleanly, even with what we thought would have been prohibitive weather.

Overall results:

1st: Greg Windmiller (golden knights/Raeford)
2nd: John Lyman (Carolina Sky Sports)
3rd: Joey D'Annunzio (Raeford)
4th: Jake Conrad (Raeford)

I will post the rest of the results and write a report about the meet a bit later.

Chuck

Hey, if you took photos of this meet (Andy and LeRoy), get off your asses and post some pics!

Anyway, here is the list of total contestants/finishers:

1)Greg Windmiller (Veloctity 103?)
2)John Lyman (Velocity)
3)Joey D'Annunzio (Nitro 120, Stilletto 120)
4)Jake Conrad (Crossfire2 99, VX 98)
5)(tie)Tony Thacker (Sabre2 150)
5)(tie)Tim Tennant (Velocity)
7)Rodney Cruce (a terribly worn-out Stilletto 97)
8)Ken Ates (Velocity)

Special Mention: Katie Blue (Pilot 124) who swooped a clean 180 feet on her first ever attempt through a distance course.

There were no injuries in this meet, but three individuals hooked very low and wiped out the course markers.

We did NOT get the second meet off due to rain, but will attempt to run another "double" meet at Parkton in August. Thanks to all who bothered to show up and compete.

Chuck Blue

4)Jake Conrad (Crossfire2 99, VX 98)

thats a VX 95 dude.......i had a shitty day.....yes i was the one who hooked it low....bounced, took out markers....got the horn!!

but walked away and continued to jump
"Professor of Pimpology"~~~Bolas

You giving advice hey next time your at the farm jake ask me to show you the vid of mark way past the corner...Digging like a brand new JCb..:ph34r::ph34r:
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?