rhino

Hell of a time deciding.... Xaos27? Vx? Velocity? Fx?

Those canopies have been tested for quiet some time and have had many,many test jumps.

That's what I thought about my Xaos-27 when I purchased it. Brand new, just got released. Approx 50 jumps later I noticed the bridle attachment point was coming apart... sent it in for repairs. It turned out the manufacturer had since modified the production process to eliminate this issue (added some more bar tacks). It flies great now that it's been repaired and now that the manufacturing process has been changed. (Precision was quick to turn it around & even covered the shipping both ways, btw).

I do not expect anything that just got released to the market to be bulletproof. Let the manufacturer deal with customer service issues for a year or so and the hidden issues will expose themselves. Issues like this may be just annoyances to experienced hp canopy pilots who want cutting edge equipment, but to someone who's interested in experiencing a X-braced canopy and learning what they're like... working the bugs out is not something he needs to be dealing with.

Chris Warnock

working the bugs out is not something he needs to be dealing with.

Agreed... I'll try going back to xbraced canopies for the second time.. 90sq ft range. I'll give the canopy some real time and effort. If I don't like it after a couple of hundred jumps I'll go back to a Crossfire2, 97 again and just stay there.

Perhaps if you describe exactly what you are looking for in the canopy you will get better answers. Things like length of recovery arc, rate of turn, hopful riser pressure, toggle flare length, pack volume, etc.

From pervious things you've posted you did'nt like the Xbraced since they turn too slow, is that still correct?
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

if you want openings like the crossfire, go with the xaos, if you want to possibly compete with it. go with the vx, vx fly's very similar to the crossfire, exept for riser pressure and openings. if you want to try somthing else, try the velo.

but ya, there might be somthing coming in a few weeks.. i would say a couple to 6 months. but we shall see...

You forgot "If you want to compete and win try the velocity"

you fly a velo, where is the win?

:o:|:D

Perhaps if you describe exactly what you are looking for in the canopy you will get better answers.

absolutely, there is benefits to each.;)

Specifically I did not like the Xaos21 at my current wing loading. Feels like mush compared to the crossfire2 at 2:0. I've put a few jumps on a Xaos85 which was a bit more fun. Still didn't turn fast enough. Dove well though. I enjoy the faster turns. The zippier the better. I don't mind high front riser pressure at all. Currently I enter my hook at 550 feet on average. I want to bring that up to 650 or 700 feet with the same maneuver.

Bottom line I need to test jump a few canopies.

Rhino

Specifically I did not like the Xaos21 at my current wing loading. Feels like mush compared to the crossfire2 at 2:0

you might like the velo then, you dont have to load it alot to like it. and it wont feel mushy.

a vx wants to be loaded a little more. but doesnt feel mushy.

a xaos, feels mushy to me unless i load it alot.

I don't really know why you would want "twitchy" under such a fast canopy.

Twitchy meaning when I hit a toggle it moves. HEll when I think about hitting the toggle it moves. I don't like sluggish canopies. That Xaos98 felt sluggish to me. PM me with your thoughts if you don't mind.

I jump a Xaos 21-98, Xaos 27-98 and a Velo 96. (WL 2.3) None are twitchy on the toggles. That's not how the canopies are supposed to fly. It will get pretty "zippy" if you get in the 2.4-2.6 WL. The Xaos27 at a lower WL will feel sluggish, compared to the Xaos21 or the Velo at the same WL. I think a Stiletto, Nitron, Blade, Cobalt etc.. will feel like it turns quicker than the Xbraced, but the dive is no where comparable.

Just my .02