6/24/05

RE: Go Fast Canopy Pilot Challenge
Dates: September 12th – 18th, 2005
Schedule: Attached
Purse Distribution: Attached
Submit by: Lyle Presse
Spokesman / Event Organizer
[email protected]

The Go Fast Canopy Pilot Challenge scheduled for September 12th – 18th will bring pilots of all levels to a Colorado drop zone for the most anticipated swoop meet of the year. We have no doubt that combining the inaugural CPC Championships, three record attempts, two new concept team events, plus individual, advanced and pro events in one big meet with an $18,000 cash purse and a fun jumper boogie at the same time will guarantee the largest field of competitors to date and an event not to be missed.

Mile Hi Skydiving has shown a huge commitment by investing almost $40,000 into the newest and largest swoop pond in the skydiving world. An 8,000 pound one piece pond liner is currently being installed into the 370 by 190 foot excavation, and a cover to prevent evaporation will arrive soon. When completed, the over 60,000 square feet of pond surface will make it the perfect environment for all classic, artistic and team events. Plans include a large scale event at the pond every year, and canopy pilots are already thinking about making adjustments for the 5000 plus foot altitude. Early indications support excellent conditions in the thinner dry air for new records to be set.

The Canopy Piloting Leagues organized by Jim Slaton and regional organizers will allow the top 5 competitors from each of 13 regions to enter the finals and vie for $5,000 of the purse. Another $10,000 will be awarded to competitors involved in a series of events organized by Lyle Presse which includes the two new events. Pro competitors will find themselves face to face flying past each other in separate lanes and opposite directions in an attempt to reach the center of the course simultaneously. A new 4 person event which will test the teams right from 5000’ through to the landings, and is expected to be the most spectacular canopy piloting event ever seen. The final $3000 is split into three $1000 awards for anyone who sets a new record in speed or distance and for the first person to go Dirt-Water-Dirt on the 370’ side of the new pond….. a feat that only the very best in the sport may be able to succeed at. DZO Frank Casares has ordered a $1,000 bill from a local bank that will be waiting on the far side of the pond for the first person who makes it during the allotted time period.

Fun jumpers can enjoy the action of the meet or play on their own as the drop zone’s newly reconditioned Twin Otter will join the King Air and some guest aircraft to handle all the lift capacity that is needed for the boogie and the competition jumpers. For more information check out the website at www.milehiskydiving.com/gofastchallenge or contact the drop zone at (303) 702-9911. Information will also be available at www.canopypiloting.com. The competition schedule, competitor requirements and the cash purse distribution are attached separately.

Sincerely,

Lyle Presse
Event Organizer

He Highlighted this...

Pro competitors will find themselves face to face flying past each other in separate lanes and opposite directions in an attempt to reach the center of the course simultaneously.

I don't know why though.
David

"Socrates wasn't killed because he had the answer.......he was killed because he asked the question."

420x220 is bigger..

but anyways.... swooping at 5000 ft is going to be crazy!

then again... in the summer, swooping at the farm with 3500 ft density altitude is nutz too!;)

420x220. 100% awesome

100% cool, and by 100% cool, i mean "totally sweet!":P

but anyways.... swooping at 5000 ft is going to be crazy!

then again... in the summer, swooping at the farm with 3500 ft density altitude is nutz too!;)

FYI: It's not uncommon to see a DA around 7-9000' mid-day during the season at Mile-Hi...September won't be much different!

Are there any other DZOs waiting on the ends of all these other big ponds with a $1000 bill?? Didn't think so.

DWD for 370' is pretty impressive at any altitude though.
pope

Hell you did 2.1 on the 185' speed course. You should be able to drop that a little. I'm flying 2.3-2.4 and I'm flying a velo 103. You are flying a much smaller wing, so you should beable to get some more speed, than me!!! BTW Great job on the 2.1. That's hauling ass.

Hell you did 2.1 on the 185' speed course. You should be able to drop that a little. I'm flying 2.3-2.4 and I'm flying a velo 103. You are flying a much smaller wing, so you should beable to get some more speed, than me!!! BTW Great job on the 2.1. That's hauling ass.

Your forgetting Mark's handicap. His head is so big it creates more drag than a student canopy.

Ray
Small and fast what every girl dreams of!

Your forgetting Mark's handicap. His head is so big it creates more drag than a student canopy.

hey now!!!! no big head here.... i just like to talk shit, it gets you riled up and makes you better. wich in turn makes me jelouse, wich in turn makes me better!!!!:)

no big head, just receding hair...:P

for the first person to go Dirt-Water-Dirt on the 370’ side of the new pond…

Maybe a stupid question but what is the definition of "dirt-water-dirt"? Does that require the first point of contact to occur before the water? Do you have to drag your toe the entire length of the pond?

for the first person to go Dirt-Water-Dirt on the 370’ side of the new pond…

Maybe a stupid question but what is the definition of "dirt-water-dirt"? Does that require the first point of contact to occur before the water? Do you have to drag your toe the entire length of the pond?

yes, drag dirt, then water, then dirt.

dirt water dirt is exactly what it sounds like. Start dragging before the pond, then continuously across the pond and out the other side onto the dry ground.

I still can't wait to see what the pros can do here at altitude. I'm pretty sure that going Dirt-Water-Dirt here on the new pond will be an incredible feat. Our swoops are faster here, but we have less lift. But we're only amateurs. Actually our top amateurs are pretty damn good, but nevertheless we're still amateurs. I can't wait to see what the pros can do.

Oh and there is a slight inaccuracy as to the current status of the pond. It's NOT the DZ's fault, but when they say that the liner is CURRENTLY being installed, this is not true. Apparently the shipping company decided to poke a hole in the liner and this has set us back a couple of weeks. It shouldn't effect the event in September, but some of us locals were hoping to get wet sooner than that. [:/]

BTW ... you going to be here in September Mr. Monkey man?

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

If I am not away on a contract then I will certainly be there.

cancel the contract and just go dirt water dirt, the contract will pay for itself if your first to do it:P

History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower