Levin

Texas CPC Meet #2

BTW: any of you that happened to be there yesterday I seem to have misplaced my helmet and neptune. I think I left it in the hangar, but I spoke with Todd a few minutes ago and he cant find it.

Its a black and white N-vertigo X helmet with stickers all over it, and a green neptune. I would really really really like it back, so if anyone knows where it is I would appreciate some assistance reuniting with my stuff..

that is all
-yoshi

Thanks Levin for another fun meet! Still had a blast despite not bringing my A game... I suppose only BASE jumping the past 3 weeks doesn't keep ya swoop current :|

Nonetheless, always learning, always having fun. Can't wait for the next one! Congrats to all those who kicked ass despite the gnarly winds at the beginning of the day.

I want to say great job, Levin. You are getting these events down. I had a blast and plan to attend the rest of the meets.

Skydive Aggieland is looking forward to hosting more events in the future. (Especially if the pond happens).

Todd

I am not totally useless, I can be used as a bad example.

BTW: any of you that happened to be there yesterday I seem to have misplaced my helmet and neptune. I think I left it in the hangar, but I spoke with Todd a few minutes ago and he cant find it.

Its a black and white N-vertigo X helmet with stickers all over it, and a green neptune. I would really really really like it back, so if anyone knows where it is I would appreciate some assistance reuniting with my stuff..

that is all
-yoshi

I've got it. We figured out it was yours, so I brought it back with me. I'll send my email to your DZ.com account and we can figure out how to get it back to you.

Jason
--
--
Jason
--
Some people never go crazy. What truly boring lives they must lead.

Thanks Todd. I really appreaciate Aggieland hosting these events and we will definetly have more there in the future. If not again this year, next year for sure. I look forward to seeing you at the rest of the meets and finishing in the top 10 at the Championships.

Ian, here's the scores for our meet. Sorry for the delay, but after seeing Todd's compliment I didn't really want to post this but I have to. There has been another slight error in the judging. On the first speed round Tim's canopy touched the ground. Our head judge in training made note of the fault but forgot to change his time to a 10. The error does change the competitor rank in speed and overall, but only on th bottom end. The difference between the fault time and the actual time was only 1.7 seconds. It's interesting to see what <2 seconds on one speed round can do to the overall rank. Since Tim was a guest competitor the error does not alter the overll cumulative for the 2 meets. Below are the correct speed scores and rank. My apologies to Tim for the error.

SPEED
1. AggieDave - 6.5 + 5.47 = 11.97
2. Todd Spillers - 8.02 + 4.77 = 12.79
3. Daniel Carroll - F10 + 3.4 = 13.4
4. Jason Lemley - F10 + 3.87 = 13.87
5. Hookitt - F10 + 4 = 14
6. Casey Anderson - 8.63 + 6.15 = 14.78
7. IMRG2 - 7.17 + 7.86 = 15.03
8. Katrina Autry - 10 + 8.33 = 18.33
9. Yoshi - 9.97 + F10 = 19.97
10. Levin - 10 + F10 = 20
10. Brits17 - F10 + F10 = 20

DISTANCE
1. Yoshi - 173.2' + 115.5' = 288.7'
2. IMRG2 - 111.9' + 142.3' = 254.2'
3. Todd Spillers - 81.2' + 148.4' = 229.6'
4. Daniel Carroll - 138.7' + 89.6' = 228.3'
5. Levin - 96.3' + 61.8' = 158.1'
6. Casey Anderson - 79.7' + 75.4' = 155.1'
7. Katrina Autry - 81.6' + 30.9' = 112.5'
8. Jason Lemley - F0 + 112.4' = 112.4'
9. Brits17 - 64' + 45.6' = 109.6'
10. AggieDave - F0 + 76.5' = 76.5'
11. Hookitt - F0 + 36.7' = 36.7'

ACCURACY
1. Todd - R1 L60 + Z16 R2 0 + 0 = 76
2. Tim - R1 0 + 0 R2 L60 + Z9 = 69

everyone else tied for 3rd with a score of 0. they either verticaled and/or didn't make it to a point zone.

OVERALL
1. Todd Spillers
2. Daniel Carroll
3. Bryan Moffett
4. Yoshi
5. Casey Anderson
6. AggieDave
7. Jason Lemley
8. Katrina Autrey
9. Levin
10 Hookitt
11. Brit

In comparison to the canopies in the pics it looks very wide. 50+ ft.

Tom
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely and in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy sh1t...what a ride!"

Yall's course looks really wide, or is that the camera angle?

Don't know, didn't go out and measure it myself, just assumed that Levin had measured it.

After looking at these pictures it looks like I need to get some coaching to work on my "swoop stance." :D
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

After looking at these pictures it looks like I need to get some coaching to work on my "swoop stance."

It's nothing that 10,000 jumps can't fix. ;)

Without seeing video of your jump, your body position looks fine. It may not be how the pros look, but we're not pros. But your gates do look pretty wide. Did you guys take the wide angle lens off of your cameras to video the comp? If not, then you should.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I'm thinking those pics are from the first meet, the first meet the course was wider then the last meet...I had forgotten about that until just now.

Here's a shitty screen grab from video of CPC Texas 2 (of yours truely...of course:P), but you should be able to see that the course is much narrower in this pic.

I'm thinking those pics are from the first meet,

Daniel didn't fly at the first meet:P:P:P:P

Those shots were with my 24mm lens at an odd angle to the course. The course itself, this was the distance course, was 50 feet. I measured it.B| We narrowed it to 30 feet for the carving course for speed.:)
No more pics for you guys if all you are going to do is pick them apart.>:(:P:D:D

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

Daniel didn't fly at the first meet

D'oh! Missed that one. You're definately right about that.

No more pics for you guys if all you are going to do is pick them apart.

Hey now, you can still post any and all pics you have of me...:D:P

Ok, seriously, I'm digging your pics of everyone, they look good, its fun to see them, especially the folks that were swooping before my run, since I didn't get to see them.:)