Sadcat

9 cells or 21 cells with a WL 1.74 for swooping

What's the advantages and disavantages of the two shapes for swooping with this specifique wing loading. I want technical information. Who is the best choice considering that the skills is not a problem, and I'm not thinking of me of course, it's an hipotetical situation. Thank you.B|

I agree.

I jump a X-FX 111 and a H-mod Viper 105 both at 1.62. The Viper is overall a much better canopy at that WL: opening, front riser pressure, it dives better, and has a longer recovery arch. The bottom-end is comparable.

So for the money go with a 9.
Memento Audere Semper

His very-incomplete profile says he currently jumps a Stilletto 150.

Crap, good point, I forgot to even look at the profile...

Ok, that's my fuckup for the month, I can't fuck up again or SM1 will put the smack down.

Sorry.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I tried an FX 104 arround that wing loading. While it did a fine job staying in a dive, it wasn't as responsive and fun to fly as conventional 9-cells the same size.

I know, a Fx need a minimum wing load from 1.8 before you can get real good fun with it. Even the differance from 0.06wl can make the differance. I prefer the Fx at 2.0, than you can have real good fun with it.

A FreeFly Gypsy