piisfish

Ground launch harness

sometime ago there was a post here (quite sure it was here) with a link to a website of a Ground Launch Harness manufacturer, but can't find it...

If anybody remembers the link, help much appreciated.

Did searches but didn't find it.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

okay the answer to this may be obvious... but I've never done any ground launching so I am looking for clarification.

Why does one need a separate harness for ground launching?

From looking at the site mentioned, I understand that a ground launch harness can't be cut away but other than that, and less wear and tear on a skydiving harness, why would one need separate harness?
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

Why does one need a separate harness for ground launching?

From looking at the site mentioned, I understand that a ground launch harness can't be cut away but other than that, and less wear and tear on a skydiving harness, why would one need separate harness?

like you said, less wear and tear on your jumping rig, but also no reserve/reserve tray which can injure your back if you fall on it, instead a big pouch where you can stuff your canopy without having to pack it each time you hike or get on a skilift...

On the website you see they also have a drinking device (like a Camelbak) which is not easy to include in a skydiving rig, and also the ensemble is lighter, which is certainly more comfortable when you have to walk up the mountain

call me a candy ass but there are a couple sites here that i could cut away fire my reserve and still have a nice flight. its kinda comforting having it mith me on those . ps i just use an old dolphin i got for 100 bucks and put in a tempo reserve.

just my 2 cents worth

The skies are no longer safe

I'm back

if you have that kind of site available, why not, I'd also prefer to have a reserve if I have a load of gas below me.

but if you're going to fly low and in any case will not be able to engage your reserve, why have one ??

Seems like a huge rip off to me, why not just get an old cheap paraglider harness? Hell I have an old vector tandem harness that is being modded so that we can use it as a cutaway harness / ground lauching. Why spend all those bucks on a simple piece of gear?
"Don't blame malice for what stupidity can explain."

"In our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart and in our despair, against our will comes wisdom" - Aeschylus

Hi to all!

I have made about 400+ launches.

In result has picked up for itself an optimum variant of the decision for sports launches and expeditions.

Now I use usual sport skydiving harness/container and usual backpack without chest straps.

Reserve container without reserve canopy is hidden behind an additional backpack, which is fixed by pull up cord through 2-pin :P system the reserve container.

The main container is collected as usually and fixed by a bolt, and the bottom part of an additional backpack is inserted into him.

GL system it is built-in CamelBak on 2 litres. :P

As a GL-canopy I use Icarus Crossfire-2 wingload 1.35-1.4.

P.S. I recommend to dress protection of a back. Here a variant of easy protection of a back:
http://www.snowboardzone.ru/uploads/product/2082_shield-7---8.jpg
This is Dainese shield 8.
www.speedflying.ru
Mountian Fly School