Canuck

Anybody flying an Onyx?

I have one Onyx and I jumped it load at 2,4
The canopy have a crossed panels (ribs) it is sewn along whole the cord of the top skin and bottom skin without any other vertical rib besides the normal vertical rib in the center cell.
The lines is vectran
The nose is open, with finishes in triangle and not partial closed like other cross-braced canopys
The platform have to AR 2,7/1 and real volume that I measured is 74,7 Sq ft
The opennings is very soft, like the coventional nine cell zp and the canopy is sensitive to harness inputs. Some snivel that demands to drive the canopy in this phase.

In flight: Very sensitive canopy
Steep Glide Ratio
Aggressive and a few oversteer in turns.
Very low pressure of front risers
Negative arc recovery

The manufacture and concept is the habitual great quality Atair, very good workmanship and top concept together with the ZP Gelvenor fabric that guarantee a top performance and long life for the Onyx.
I think that this canopy is in the evolution of the modern cross braced canopys and I think that has potential for to compete, with top pilot, in the swoop competitions with any current cross braced canopy.

Roq

far from fading away... just the opposite in fact.

we have increased in size three times over and are extremely busy with military contracts (dod/army, darpa, nasa)and defense industry partnerships....

see you at pia.

sincerely,

daniel preston
atair <><>
Daniel Preston <><>
atairaerodynamics.com (sport)
atairaerospace.com (military)