buckleme

Where to buy a wind blade??

you guys should buy some 5' tall ones. get like 6 or 8 of em ;). then we can used em for swooping :)
there way cheaper too i think.

later

Yep!! I say 8 or 10 five foot ones. That way we can set up a course.

Scott
I read somewhere to learn is to remember and I've learned we all forgot

Kelly.. want something even cheaper as a course? Go get those foam pool noodles, stick a PVC pipe through the center of it and attach a streamer to the top of it. The Noodles are about $3 each, the PVC pipe is about $6 and is enough for 3 and I know you have enough scrap material that streamers are not a problem. To put it in the ground go and get some 8-10 inch nails and leave about 2 inches sticking out of the ground to put the PVC pipe over. The straight ones with out the large nail head are best.

There you go... a $10 swoop run marker that you can run into and it don't hurt.

Look for these later this summer at SGC B|

Tip, stick the PVC all the way through the noodle. I've seen them only in like 1/3 and within a week you start to have noodle sag and thats every guys worst nightmare :o
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Considering the Black Widow poles start at about $8-9 for the shorties.. its a really cheap alternitive.

This idea is published under the GNU public licence. :ph34r: I don't care who uses the idea for free, but if you try to sell it don't make me come and smack you down!
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

We did it a little different for our swoop lane. We sunk the PVC into the earth, and used some plastic hose in the noodle, and the hose extends down into the pipe. That way every thing breaks free if hit hard enough, and there is no risk of someone getting punctured by anything!! I have seen people using Re-bar to hold their noodles up. That's just asking for someone to get impaled!!!!!!!!!B|

Only issue doing that is I'm not allowed to put anything into the ground permnantly [:/]

How about sticking the pvc in the ground and then marking it with paint or something. At the end of the weekend just pull up the PVC and it will be marked for the following weekend. I'm sure that Jim would at least let you mark the locations wouldn't he? I'll be anxious to swoop your course when we get over there for the ISL.

Scott
I read somewhere to learn is to remember and I've learned we all forgot

There is a store called Old World Market or something like that. They carry flags that are very similar to windblades on flexible bamboo poles for something like $13 if I remember correctly.

-We are the Swoophaters. We have travelled back in time to hate on your swoops.-

EG sky systems makes the cheapest "real looking" airblades I have seen. Sixty bucks for custom ten footers.

That said, all you really ever need to set up a course is ten-foot and five-foot markers. Personally, I own two ten footers that I set up as intermediate entrance gates, then five foot pool noodles for the rest. The noodles are held up on wooden dowel rod that I buy at hardware stores. Dowel rod snaps easily and pool noodles work perfectly; just get the thicker, six inch thick ones.

Chuck