franck102

Protec & Dytter

I was able to find a cheap & easy solution to this with the help of some bored people at Jumptown on a bad weather day.

After cutting a notch out of the foam liner in the ear area so the Dytter would fit, I glued a piece of spandex (with a glue stick) to the foam liner around the ear area, completely covering the ear area from the side that faces the outside of the helmet.

Then I just pushed the Dytter into the ear area from the outside. I can hear it just fine through the spandex, I can press the buttons through the grate on the outside of the helmet, and it's held tight by the spandex on the inside and the helmet shell on the outside. I'm very happy.

Joe

Does anybody know how to get a hold of the j-pegs mentioned in that string - I got a Pro-Track for Christmas, and want to mount it (very securely) in a Pro-Tec. Any data would help.

Thanks

----------------=8^)----------------------
"I think that was the wrong tennis court."

I used some hot-glue and velcro tape. I can easily pull it out, if needed. The elastic may be a better choice though. I fiberglassed the holes in my protec, but had some cracking problems. Tape on the inside would probably be a better idea for sealing these holes. It will be quieter and warmer in cold weather. I still remember a couple jumps where we were climbing for altitude, next to the door, in winter, with the door off of our 206. The top of my head was freezing from the holes in my protec. Steve1

You can also take a peice of wax chord and make a loop between the Dyter and the horizontal bars in the ear peice of the Pro-Tec. Make it long enough to be able to read/set and just set in in the ear hole. ;)

Red, White and Blue Skies,

John T. Brasher D-5166

I mounted the chintzy plastic bracket to the outside of the helmet with the ziptie that came in the box. Then I used a big rubber band to make sure the dytter stayed in the bracket. Seems to work so far; it makes it easy to remove the dytter for batteries etc.
Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I just received my Protec & Dytter and I'm planning on mounting the Dytter to the outside of the Protec. Should I be concerned with having the Dytter on the outside of the helmet, is this somewhat of a safety hazard? I know that it's not even close to being on the same level as flying a camera but I suppose a line still could get caught up on the Dytter. Is this a valid concern or am I just over analyzing? Any thoughts?

You'll lose it. Gauranteed, if not today then pretty soon.

A standard Protec is perfect for a Dytter IF you mount it in the ear hole. This usually works perfectly.
They usually will stay in place through friction but you should take a peice of waxed chord or string and tie the brackette to the cross-bars in the ear hole. Then the Dytter is protected and easily heard.

Red, White and Blue Skies,

John T. Brasher D-5166