BluDvn222

Video on the net of 418 ft swoop??????

there is a lot of video floating around of 300+ footers that will impress you more since they are over terrain or ditches or something

where? i want to watch

---------------------
Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!

"Nowadays" my frickin' ASS!!!

Show me the dude who hits a 5' gate and still pulls off 400+!!!

Don't take away from someone -who has worked very hard and accomplished ALOT- by talkin' SMACK!

:|

(ps. if you were joking, sorry for the rant, just CAN'T STAND people who trivialize hard work and real success)

Action expresses priority. - Mahatma Ghandi

What about the Luke Aikens swoop at the last PST meet? I think it was 405ft. Is there a video of that?

By the way I agree that nothing should be taken away from Shannon's 418 and that 400+ in a 5' gate course is incredible

Yup!

Luke, Ian, JC...maybe 1 or 2 more?

I think Ian and JC did it right before Shannon's WR run at the same meet - I know a couple did anyway.

Sure, the sport has progressed - guys are going faster and longer - that's to be expected. But Shannon whipped out a run that beat the previous WR by 60 feet !

The WCCP starts next week - let's be supportive and give them all the respect they deserve. :)
(Hi Ivan!)

Action expresses priority. - Mahatma Ghandi

THis thread has been around for one year and four months, eighty-eight posts, and no results. I'm starting to think this swoop never happened.

>I'm starting to think this swoop never happened.

The swoop happened. It was at a PST comp, look for highlights of it on the PST DVD from last year.

Even better yet, go to a local PST comp and see the guys in person blasting out 300+ swoops all the time, or watch TJ downwind it in 10+ mph winds and go 400+ at DZ's.

What is the obsession with this swoop on video? :S
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Even better yet, go to a local PST comp and see the guys in person blasting out 300+ swoops all the time, or watch TJ downwind it in 10+ mph winds and go 400+ at DZ's.

What is the obsession with this swoop on video? :S

That is very interesting comment, so you are suggesting that non United States skydivers spend $#,### to go to USA just to see such accomplishment in a big recognized DZ. Not all of us can go to such places, not all of us come from a big DZ, not all of us have high class mega swoopers like Heath, Shannon, TJ, etc. at their DZ. So why don't share this clip who ever have it? I mean, almost every skydiving record video clips or photos had been posted in one place or another (357-way RW, 42-way freefly, 70-way CRW, etc.)...why this swooping record video clip should be any different?

Ivan "Rock On"

I had a copy of this swoop at one time that I got from E-Bay, the guy who sold it was invertedvideoman or something close to that. It was on a short video that had several other cool swoops on it, I think I paid like 12 bucks or something like that. I left it at the DZ one time and haven't seen it since. The reason the swoop went that far is the ridiculous bottom end flare, when shannon hit the toggles at the end he went up about 6-8 feet and just didn't come back to the ground for EVER -totally sweet.

There were plenty of eyewitnesses, as well as official PST video and judging. And other guys like me who paid for it in one form or another who've seen it. It happened.

The PST guys do some crazy stuff. TJ was out at my DZ for a weekend this summer. Great guy, watched him clear our landing area one end to the other.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka