derleth

Mudflap Altimeter Mount?

I am trying to find a mount for my altimeter that mounts to the mudflap. A commercial one sold called "The Wedge" but even Skykat can not get it any longer. I have tried to email the guy in the U.S. who is supposed to distribute them and he never responds. I also recall seeing a post somewhere here at Dropzone.com that linked to a page that showed how to build your own. Anyone remember that ... or does anyone know where I can get The Wedge? Thanx for your help!! B|
... On landing a wise man once said: "A long walk always beats a short ambulance ride."

Try skykat.com. (Sorry folks, don't know how to make it clicky. :P)

-Miranda
you shall above all things be glad and young / For if you're young,whatever life you wear
it will become you;and if you are glad / whatever's living will yourself become.

Wedge-shaped alitimeter mounts are aesy to make with a wedge of foam rubber wrapped in parapack and some sort of strap.
However, I suspect that the poster was referring to an ABS plastic gadget that Pat Works showed me about 5 years ago. I slipped from the bottom of the mud flap and hooked over the top edge. This positioned the altimeter a bit below the bottom edge of the mud flap, making it easier for us old farts to focus on.

I think on the cover of an issue of Parachutist this year showed it. It's a picture of someone just landing, and the picture was shot with a camera mounted on his foot.

It could very well be the January thru March I think.
My other ride is the relative wind.

I also have an example of a mud flap mount made out of webbing, stiffeners, and pull-the-dot snaps. The webbing is sewn into the shape of an isoceles triangle with siffeners between the layers. A strap goes around the mud flap and fastenes with pull the dot snaps. A local rigger who got out of skydiving used to make them. I have one friend who used one for ten years without any problems. It something that I could reproduce fairly easily.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE