Brisco

Pro Track or Skytronic FX?

I am considering buying (or asking for Christmas) a ProTrack or Skytronic FX. They seem to have about the same features but the Skytronic is about $100 less. Is there a significate difference between the two?
Thanks to all in advance.

Brisco

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

A simple search of the GEAR section provides many user reviews.
It seems that the Skytronic cost less but has a few problems and that customer service might not be A1. The Protrack cost more and also has had a few problems ( L&B has corrected most) but the customer service is A1.
I personally have a Protrack and l'am completely satisfied, well worth the extra money.
http://www.dropzone.com/gear/Altimeters__Audibles_and_AADS/index.shtml[url]

ChileRelleno-Rodriguez Bro#414
Hellfish#511,MuffBro#3532,AnvilBro#9, D24868

I have the Pro-Track and love it. I also can't say enough great things about the customer service of the manufacturer...this is a great company to do business with!

-tom buchanan
Tom Buchanan
Instructor Emeritus
Comm Pilot MSEL,G
Author: JUMP! Skydiving Made Fun and Easy

What kind of batteries does a ProTrack need? How much do they cost and how often do they need to be replaced? I'm seriously considering buying one...

-Miranda
you shall above all things be glad and young / For if you're young,whatever life you wear
it will become you;and if you are glad / whatever's living will yourself become.

What kind of batteries does a ProTrack need? How much do they cost and how often do they need to be replaced? I'm seriously considering buying one...

they're like 7.50 at DZ;s but radio shack has them cheaper. there was just a thread about them recently. The pro track is excellent, no more logging jumps!:)

I get through two sets of batteries in a season. That's a lot more than the manual suggests.

If you want customer service go for ProTrack, cause the skytronic people will NEVER answer your emails.

If you jump a Z1 go for the skytronic, fits better than the protrack.

If you just want to make a wild choice, go for protrack, has more memory for logging jumps and has a few extras that I can't remember right now.

HISPA 21
www.panamafreefall.com

I havve a Z1 and my Pro-track fit great, dimensionally the skytronic and Protrack are almost the same(except for the rounded area on the skytronic). The way I looked at it is simply this if you want the best (best preformance and customer service) Pro-track wins hands down. If that is too much money a skytronic works almost and well. It is really hard to beat a company that has in alot of times replaced their product when it was no fault of theirs. Pro-track just kicks ass
Blue Skies
Kirk

PROTRACK!!!! :).....the only bad comment aobut the protrack I can make is that its made me lazy filling out my log book......but then again its awsome for when you make like 8 jumps a day and you can wait till the end of the day to log your info!!

jason
(did I say PROTRAK!!):ph34r:

Freedom of speech includes volume

Go for the Protrack! You are only going to buy one once and everyone I know is very happy with them.
Only complaint that I have with mine is that you have to have 6 seconds in freefall for it to log a jump - so CRW jumps have to be added into it manually when I do them.

I throw two Skytronic away after one year because there were not working any more, even after changing the battery (I have to say this was the old model).. Have a Pro Track now and it worked all the time.
Marcus

p.s.> one question to the others: I read in the man that if you hear at 1k the beeps then a pause another beep and then a long holding beep that means the battery is low. After changing the battery it's still the same. Are the batteries coming with the Pro Track are already empty?

>After changing the battery it's still the same. Are the batteries
>coming with the Pro Track are already empty?

Could be, if they have been sitting on a shelf for years... Try buying a fresh set of batteries, and if that doesn't help, contact L&B. They're known for outstanding customer service.

>After changing the battery it's still the same. Are the batteries
>coming with the Pro Track are already empty?

Could be, if they have been sitting on a shelf for years... Try buying a fresh set of batteries, and if that doesn't help, contact L&B. They're known for outstanding customer service.

or, he didn't wait long enough after removing the old batteries and installing new, you have to wait a minute or two before installing them.