hollysurly

Sky Diving Facts

Here are some other sky diving facts that you may find interesting:

1. Airborne warfare began in 1918. The 1st infantry was the very first to go airborne. It was the U.S military dropping a unit from a bomber in the sky onto the city of Metz. This was the brain child of Lewis H. Brereton, a young soldier on the staff of General Billy Mitchell.

2. The highest parachute jump occurred in August 1960 by Captain Kittinger from nearly 102,800 feet. The free fall lasted more than 4 minutes in which Kittinger’s free fall speed was almost 715 mph. It was at 18,000 feet when his parachute opened. That mean he was in free fall mode for almost 85,000 feet.

3. There have been instances in which military planes have gone down in bodies of water and pilots have used their parachutes to save their lives. They have deployed their parachutes underwater and been pulled up by the parachute in addition to activating their life vests.

4. The lowest combat jump occurred July 3, 1944 at 175 feet, which was accidental due to an altimeter error. A total of two aircraft made the mistake. The lowest planned combat jump was from 250 feet in Crete.

5. The lowest mass tactical jump was 143 feet.

6. To show that anyone from any age can sky dive, a 92 year old man sporting artificial knees did a solo jump in Cleveland, Ohio. He weighed a mere 105 pounds, had fake knees, and a hearing aid. He leaped at 3,500 feet. The oldest tandem skydiving jumper was a 100 year old in October 1999. A woman at the age of 90 wanted to dive for her birthday to prove that age is just a number. She jumped from 12,000 feet.

7. The youngest sky diver was four years old. Again, this shows that any age alone can jump. The jump was a bike jump, of advance and the jump was fabricated at 10,000 feet.

8. To appearance how groups can accept a acceptable time, on February 6, 2004, a accumulation of 357 abutting easily and backward in accumulation for 6 abnormal on their 7th attack over Takhli, Thailand.

9. You don’t accept to anguish about the chargeless abatement creating that “heart attack-inducing” roller coaster bead feeling. The activity is in fact one agnate to amphibian and the air attrition creates a amount of support. Chargeless falling is like a animal getting demography flight. The air breeze is connected and allows for aeriform assignment that are a lot of fun.

10. On May 20, 2001, Michael Zang bankrupt the apple almanac by commutual 500 all-overs in a day. This meant his all-overs had to be done in cycles of beneath than 3 account and he completed these all-overs from 2,100 feet.

Here are some assurance facts for you:

• Approximately 2 actor parachute all-overs action annually. The boilerplate amount of fatalities is 35 and that is beneath than 1% of the all-overs that yield place.

• There is absolutely no age requirement, but it is appropriate that individuals be about the age of 18. It is aswell important that the sky diver is in analytic acceptable health. As approved aloft with the 92, 90, and 100 year old jumpers, there is no high limit.

• The amount to sky dive usually consists of the amount of the jump and all accessories bare to accomplish the jump.

• The blow by the parachute is not aching and you can use the parachute controls to beacon it to your adapted landing spot. That way, if you somehow get off course, you can put yourself aback on course.

• The landing is a bendable landing. You acclaim acreage on your anxiety and footfall like you’re dispatch off of a curb.

• There are a amount of assurance precautions put in place. You accept your capital parachute, which is beyond in a bike jump, and you accept your drogue parachute, which is a parachute that the adviser releases anon afterwards the jump to apathetic the jump down. Slowing it down prevents the jump from getting as noisy, acceptance for instruction. Slowing it down aswell agency getting able to adore the jump and for it to be a little beneath scary.

• It takes about 10 to 15 all-overs afore a apprentice can jump after their instructor. Some may crave added all-overs than that afore they are defended abundant to yield on the sky solo.

What I find interesting (and hilarious) is how poor the translation gets from number 7 until the end of the list, or should I say "how destitute the word changing receives from digit 7 ultimate the finality of the itemization"? :D:D:D This list cracks me up!

The best things in life are dangerous.

I would like an explanation on this fact :

3. There have been instances in which military planes have gone down in bodies of water and pilots have used their parachutes to save their lives. They have deployed their parachutes underwater and been pulled up by the parachute in addition to activating their life vests.

for most of the rest ?? :D:D from which language has it been babelfish-translated ?

The jump was a bike jump, of advance and the jump was fabricated at 10,000 feet.

by bike jump, I guess they mean tandem jump. Not a jump from a 10'000ft megaramp with a BMX
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

The language translator is horrible, rendering many of those items indecipherable.

I'm not so sure about that one.

If you deploy a parachute underwater, you just have a blob of wet fabric. Even if you got it spread out somehow, you would need a large bubble of air underneath it to pull you upward with the chute, and that bubble of air isn't going to be available as you dump the chute out of the container.

I think this may be referring to ejection seats, in which the rocket motor has pushed pilots to the surface from underwater. That's all pyrotechnics, and doesn't really involve the parachute component of the seat.

I think this may be referring to ejection seats, in which the rocket motor has pushed pilots to the surface from underwater. That's all pyrotechnics, and doesn't really involve the parachute.

How bad ass would that look!
Oh i want to try i want to try!
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

I think this may be referring to ejection seats, in which the rocket motor has pushed pilots to the surface from underwater. That's all pyrotechnics, and doesn't really involve the parachute.

The amount of force that those seats go up at is probably not very comfortable. Ya might even end up a couple inches shorter. :P
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

The amount of force that those seats go up at is probably not very comfortable. Ya might even end up a couple inches shorter. :P

On the other hand...if ya open your mouth and look up, it would really flush ya out! B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

It's true that firing an ejection seat is a very violent event, and if the body is not positioned correctly, it can break your back. But I would think that activating one underwater would attenuate the rapid accerleration due to the denseness of the water, compared to air. Still, not something you want to try just for fun.

Well, other than the "fact" that the translation is awful, every one of the "facts' is wrong in some way or another. At least the ones I can read and understand.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo