IanHarrop

dz.com freezes unless using IE

If I use Firefox (3.5.2) or the latest version of Chrome (4.0.201.1) to access DZ.com things freeze up. Works fine in IE.

Anyone lese having this issue? Just started the last few days.
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

If I use Firefox (3.5.2) or the latest version of Chrome (4.0.201.1) to access DZ.com things freeze up. Works fine in IE.

Anyone lese having this issue? Just started the last few days.

Yes, I can't access it from home on my Mac. Tried Firefox, Safari and Opera. Freezes up on all three.

Works fine here at work with IE.

Seems to have started at home ever since that Kokanee banner ad came up.
'Shell

Is anyone running Adblock Plus? I am using it so I'm not seeing all the ads, that may be part of the issue is that it is a specific ad.

im running FF with adblock and have no problems, its prolly a rogue ad
~Bones Knit, blood clots, glory is forever, and chicks dig scars.~

Is anyone running Adblock Plus? I am using it so I'm not seeing all the ads, that may be part of the issue is that it is a specific ad.

I see the same thing with FireFox 3.5.2 on both Linux and Windows.

Blocking ads with the NoScript addon makes it work properly. If I start allowing scripts one at a time, the problem happens when I allow eyereturn.com, which is an ad hosting service. It does appear to be the Kokanee ads, as far as I can tell (it's crappy beer anyway!).
"It's amazing what you can learn while you're not talking." - Skydivesg

I see the same thing with FireFox 3.5.2 on both Linux and Windows.

Blocking ads with the NoScript addon makes it work properly. If I start allowing scripts one at a time, the problem happens when I allow eyereturn.com, which is an ad hosting service. It does appear to be the Kokanee ads, as far as I can tell (it's crappy beer anyway!).

I was about to post about an ad causing issues. I run adblock, but I choose to allow dz.com ads because I visit the site often enough. I'll try blocking that one ad, and see if my experience works.
Brian

I am a big IT guy and if you are freezing in both FF and Chrome, it is more likely a problem with you inet connection or your PC, and not both browsers at the same time.

BTW, I use only Firefox (current version 3.5.3) and it works fine for me.

Good luck! PM me if you need help with your PC, and stay away from IE, its too easy to hack.

Cheers

If your browser crashes again, and you are able to take a screenshot, please do so and post it here. If it is a ad that is causing the problems, we can track it down really fast if we have an image of it.

Regards,
Pieter
A fool and his money is soon parted - Buy 1 million e-mail valid addresses for only $100.00