yoink

Subaru advert

I've no problem with most of the adverts here, but the new Sabaru one that shows from the top of the main index page which now 'splatters' mud across the entire screen, and then takes a few seconds to show a 'close' button is the worst form of advertising.

It actually gets in the way of the usability of the forum.

How about limiting advertising to the advertising spaces?? >:(

+1.

I'm going to go away for a week. If the ad, or one like it is still here, I'm going to go away for a month. If I go away for a month, I'm unlikely to come back.

Forget about renewing my premium membership while ads like that are on this site.

Mark

To The Powers That Be:
Here's a thread in Bonfire, too, in which people complain about this. We hope you're listening.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3690445;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

I'm getting really pissed at it. dz is not worth visiting at the moment.

Is anyone familiar with Adblock IE (for Explorer)? I'm going to have to try it or the Mozilla version. I don't mind the dz site being ad supported, but not at the expense of my sanity.

To The Powers That Be:
Here's a thread in Bonfire, too, in which people complain about this. We hope you're listening.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3690445;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

I'm getting really pissed at it. dz is not worth visiting at the moment.

If you (can) use Firefox with Ad-Blocker, it all disappears.

I own a subaru and love it.Anyone who has driven a subaru in snow and ice will say the same thing. I just didnt like that add/pop up. ;)

TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

To namemedia: you will lose users based on the ad. It might be a business decision that you are OK with losing those users, but it's a decision based on a single non-skydiving entity, as opposed to a skydiving direction.

The decision to become more ad-based was far less significant than this. Multi-source income makes dz.com run. Single-source income is oftentimes a shortsighted approach. Once the income is gone, the users are also still gone.

And if you keep bringing in ads like the Outback one, you're going to find more and more skydivers leaving dz.com, and fewer advertisers interested in the site.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I used to have a premier membership on here a few yrs ago and then canceled it. I never really noticed a difference besides the little red star. I would be happy to pay the premier fee again if that will prevent these ads from continuing.
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

I used to have a premier membership on here a few yrs ago and then canceled it. I never really noticed a difference besides the little red star. I would be happy to pay the premier fee again if that will prevent these ads from continuing.

Premier members still got the ad.
Remster