Eule

Google ads

In the last week or so, Google text ads have been running in some of the banner slots and on the front page. Some of the ads are for legitimate dropzones, but I have also seen such quality advertisements as "watch satellite TV for free" and "free paragliding ride, just fill out a survey!" (See attachments. The links were: TV and paragliding .) The other day I clicked on one that lead to ThrillPlanet.com , which one person in the Skyride thread in General claims is Skyride. This one may have been taken care of, because I haven't been able to get that one to come up in several dozen reloads.

I understand how these work and I know that someone at dropzone.com isn't hand-picking the ads that will be shown; the dz.com admins set some general categories and can reject ads for certain sites, but they don't have very fine-grained control over what ads appear. But some of them seem somewhat questionable, and I don't think it's helpful for dropzone.com to be shilling for some of these products.

Eule
PLF does not stand for Please Land on Face.

But some of them seem somewhat questionable, and I don't think it's helpful for dropzone.com to be shilling for some of these products.

I made that comment else where (I think its burried in Bonfire), as well. That it was sad that DZ.com is running a generic ad source that has Skyride ads on it. Especially since a large number of whuffos seem to come to DZ.com for information. To many who wouldn't know better they could definately take that as DZ.com endorsing a certain business that may not be up to the quality of DZ.com.

Money is money, though.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

"Skydive Chicago Illinois" ad links to www.lifethrills.com

Life Thrills
2090 Baker Road NW, 304-122, Kennesaw, GA 30144
Phone: (800) 792-9031
Toll Free: (800) 792-9031
Fax: (404) 745-8281
Web: http://www.lifethrills.com

Dallasskydivers.com is for sure a Skyride site.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Hi Heather!! :)
Add Skydive Phoenix AZ and Skydive Virgina in there too. The Ads all say "$40 off First time jump. Great Dropzones in XXXX"

Just saw "Skydive Orlando", "Skydive Las Vegas" and "Skydive Colorado" ones coming here again. All point to thrill4life.com
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Anybody ever see "Fantasia"? Remember the "Sorcerer's Apprentice" scene with Mickey Mouse?

Sangiro runs 2 websites. Skyride runs approximately 8,367, at least today. I really hope the time Sangiro spends filtering those 8,367 sites out of the Google ads is more than paid for by whatever revenue the legitimate Google ads bring in. I also hope that Skyride only creates no more than, say, 100 new websites a week, so the ongoing effort to block ads isn't too bad.

Eule

Sangiro runs 2 websites. Skyride runs approximately 8,367, at least today. I really hope the time Sangiro spends filtering those 8,367 sites out of the Google ads is more than paid for by whatever revenue the legitimate Google ads bring in. I also hope that Skyride only creates no more than, say, 100 new websites a week, so the ongoing effort to block ads isn't too bad.

I think you're being a bit of a drama-queen. ;)

So, send me the URLs of actual SkyRide ads that you see flashing on Dropzone.com. I can find all sites owned by them as well, but that's really kind of moot if they're not advertising them via Adsense.

I have had this invite out there for a while and I'm still waiting for the flood of urls... from the 8,367, you know.

I have no intention of advertising Skyride services on here, but I don't think posts like yours has much bearing on reality either.

Again, rather than spook yourself with Disney movies, send me the actual URLs of SkyRide sites you see in Adsense. I have had a few sent my way, but it's a handfull. I will continue to look out for them myself as well. :)
Safe swoops
Sangiro

I think you're being a bit of a drama-queen. ;)

Nah, just a drama princess. I'm about the third or forth assistant understudy to the real drama queens; it will take many years of hard work before I can get a drama-queen job with, say, a TV news station.

I have no intention of advertising Skyride services on here,

How about ambulance chasers? (attachment)

but I don't think posts like yours has much bearing on reality either.

I bet these posts don't, either.

Eule

bet these posts don't, either.

No those posts actually do have a bearing on reality. The reality there is that it has to do with my ad server, not with Google ads.

Do you have a list of those thousands of SkyRide links for me yet?
Safe swoops
Sangiro

...Feel free to point out any other SkyRide URLs if you see them...

I just noticed that in the top banner of this page is an ad for ASC which is a Skyride outfit. The link goes to:

http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/iclk?sa=l&ai=BfLLX1mrXRtzoAob24AGqkfBkiNOmELC7uugBwI23AZCwChABGAEgner1ASgCOABQ1sSus_r_____AWDJvrmH4KO0EJgBgfGgA5gB_NrECZgBs6vQD5gB2rCcIaoBCjA5ODk3MTE2NDeyARB3d3cuZHJvcHpvbmUuY29tugEJNDY4eDYwX2FzyAEB2gFoaHR0cDovL3d3dy5kcm9wem9uZS5jb20vY2dpLWJpbi9mb3J1bS9nZm9ydW0uY2dpP3Bvc3Q9MjM1MjcyMztzZWFyY2hfc3RyaW5nPXNreXJpZGUlMjBhZCUyMGRyb3B6b25lLmNvbTuoAwHIAwfoA6oE6AOwBfUDAAEAAA&num=1&adurl=http://www.ASCSkydiving.com&client=ca-pub-9515599316733042&nm=8
... Marion