ernokaikkonen

Automagic links?

Brothers and sisters! There are lazy people on the forums! That's right; the sin of SLOTH is upon us! These sinners are easily recognized; they are the ones who do not make their links "clicky".

So how about a feature that automatically turns any string on a post beginning with "http://" to a clickable link?

Maybe the feature could also be turned off at the profile if someone doesn't want it for some reason?

Erno

After trying to help my mother use the computer, I realized that, yes, there really are people who can't use a computer. So there might still be people on here who don't know what url is. After all, mom had trouble finding the address bar!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

>After trying to help my mother use the computer, I realized that, yes,
>there really are people who can't use a computer.

This is exactly the situation I'm going to be in a few hours. A week ago, my mom calls me and says: "I've decided to get a computer, can you help?" And she has always been sort of annoyed by computers, has had absolutely no interest in them whatsoever.

So, today I'm going to go and assemble the computer for her, install the OS(for which I decided to pick Linux...), and try to teach the basics to her.

I wonder how much patience I have...

Erno

While you're making an automagic link for the lazi, could you write a script that randomly post whores for me, HH? I'm finding myself much too tired to actually type them anymore. Just have them say something about boobies or Clay & sheep. Thanks.

(Actually, the automagic links idea is a really good one!)
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

>could you write a script that randomly post whores for me,

A sort of an autopilot... You know, there are a number of bots that can be found on the 'Net that can simulate an "intelligent" conversation quite well... Maybe integrate one of tho---

Whoa. Serious "Matrix" flashback. How do we know that some(all?) of the posters are not bots?:o

Erno

I haven't quite figured out why, but depending on what pc/browser I'm on, the links come automatic.
Now I'm on winXP and IE 6 and have autolinks. If I use Opera, I don't.
Close to invisible

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

A quick look at the source reveals "HTML Editor - A wysiwyg web based editor for IE5.5+"
:)So if I'm using IE5.5 or greater I get the "What You See Is What You Get" editor". Else I have to use the old tags. The buggy thing about the wysiwyg editor is that if I cut and paste from a web page, I don't see all the tags before I post it. That's a bug in the editor/script/ie that causes those ugly posts...
See attached screenshots for the difference between the two

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

ns_edit.jpg

ie5.5_edit.jpg

So if I'm using IE5.5 or greater I get the "What You See Is What You Get" editor". Else I have to use the old tags. The buggy thing about the wysiwyg editor is that if I cut and paste from a web page, I don't see all the tags before I post it. That's a bug in the editor/script/ie that causes those ugly posts...

See attached screenshots for the difference between the two

You can use the text box that you see in the opera screenshot by clicking switch to basic mode, or advanced mode or something like that around the editor box

--
Hook high, flare on time

Hmm...have allways had the wysiwyg editor until today. I've cleared my cookies and temp files, but I think that's the only change I've made.
Has HH removed the fancy thing :|