homer

server offset time?

The server time about now is around 10:45 am and I live on the west coast in WA (USA). That would be a 3 hour difference, so my question is would my offset time be a + or - 3 hours.
Beware of the toes you step on today, for they may belong to the ASS you kiss tomorrow.

just put a 3 in your space for the offset. you must be in Pacific and I am in Eastern. Mine is set at 6 and is correct (which means the server time is 6 hours behind mine.) When you check the server time and it is 3 hours behind your current time, that means its time to change it.
Good luck and PM me if you have another question about it.
-------------
http://www.JumpinDuo.com
"oh no. Not another one"-Alienangel

I'm not paying attention, though a lot of servers are set Zulu...
Looking at a tracert I just did, the server has to be in TX, the southern/central part actually, since it didn't bounce through MAE-Dallas. That's cool, it's probably in Houston.
AggieDave '02
-------------
Blue Skies and Gig'em Ags!
BTHO t.u.

Pretty close Dave! ;) The server is physically located in San Antonio TX. The server time has been set to GMT but I'll probably change that to PST in the near future as most of my visitors are from the US.
It doesn't really matter except that I have some scripts that run automatically every night and I'd like to run these when the fewest people are on the site - somewhere between 2 and 3 in the morning. These scripts queue off the server time and obviously 2 or 3 in the morning GMT is not the "quietest" time on the server as everyone will be hitting it in the US....
Safe swoops
Sangiro