philh

Vegas Tunnel?

I m going to be in Vegas this weekend and have been trying to get hold of the tunnel. But the phone just goes to answer machine and no one replied to my email . Are they still open for business? Anyone got any tips on getting hold of them?

I went there in November 06 and had the biggest laugh i have ever had in any wind tunnel.....i mean it my cheeks hurt i was laughing so much... you gota be real good to fly well in these tunnels...

:)

I m going to be in Vegas this weekend and have been trying to get hold of the tunnel. But the phone just goes to answer machine and no one replied to my email . Are they still open for business? Anyone got any tips on getting hold of them?

They are still open and doing business.
Are you calling the correct number? If you are getting the recording?

their business hours may sometimes vary but if you call during the normal business hours you should be able to get through.
My photos

My Videos

I went there in November 06 and had the biggest laugh i have ever had in any wind tunnel.....i mean it my cheeks hurt i was laughing so much... you gota be real good to fly well in these tunnels...

:)

I'm sure if you research my previous posts you'll see I have said this repeatedly.

(But I do thank you since I most be good since I was able to do some cool stuff in that tunnel.)

the vegas tunnel is just that. A tunnel. It is very close to skydiving and when it was built is was state of the art.

You can't compare the SV tunnels to the flyaway tunnels. There are things you can do in flyaway that you can not do in SV.

I enjoy flying in flyaway plain and simple. Its different but its fun.
My photos

My Videos

Hey Phil I sent you an email yesterday. Sorry we haven't been able to get to the phone, we've been super busy with walk in traffic this summer. Ask for me when you come in and I'll make sure that we take care of you, your best bet is to come in first thing in the morning or later in the afternoon. Hope to fy with you soon.
Brad Hess
Manager
Vegas Indoor Skydiving

I was there 2 months ago. Everything seemed to be fine. Brad is the man overthere. I thought they changed names from i-fly to Vegas indoor skydiving don't know if that help. Have fun It was a huge difference from any tunnel I have flown.Be careful it is hot in there!!!

The newer ones to skydiving don't like it because its not modern...

If you're a bit older and have a finer taste for older things in life, then it's actually kind of neat and is a lot more challenging to fly than the newer wind tunnels because you have a "drop off"...

I learned how to belly fly there, and I recommend the place, I think it's cool...hey it's right off the strip

So it's not modern...it's still pretty cool!
Lonne

I was there 2 months ago. Everything seemed to be fine. Brad is the man overthere. I thought they changed names from i-fly to Vegas indoor skydiving don't know if that help. Have fun It was a huge difference from any tunnel I have flown.Be careful it is hot in there!!!

I've met Brad, and he's great! Regarding the name, did you mistype this? Do you mean that they changed the name from "Flyaway" (not iFly) to Vegas Indoor Skydiving? I hope to fun fly there, someday! :)

if you're in vegas, you really have to give it a try. it is different than a SV tunnel, but definitely worth the experience. it's still bodyflight, it's still fun, and there really is a ton of shit you can do in there that you can't do in a SV tunnel. i wouldn't choose that as my only option, but when i went there, it was a blast.

as to it being a waste of time or money...... the whole crew from flyaway came to the colorado tunnel last year. i think they were actually touring several tunnels. super nice guys and girls, and VERY GOOD FLIERS. they clearly flew a different style, but they were all very, very good fliers. one of their former instructors, Mike Silva, recently joined our team at colorado. i think it took him about 10 minutes to pass half the instructors in flight skills.

it's bodyflight, and you will learn tons. have fun.

Say what you mean. Do what you say.

They are still flyaway.

Rosa is right. Flyaway Las Vegas changed the name to Vegas Indoor Skydiving around March. They gave me a free T-shirt with the new name/logo at my last visit end of march (thanks again, Keith).
It's still hot, still slow, but still more fun than most SV tunnels, IMHO...

No.1 reason NOT to be an astronaut: ...You can't drink beer at zero gravity...

iFly is something totally different. Some newer SkyVenture tunnels (SF, Hollywood, Utah) use this name.

AFAIK, the Vegas tunnel was bought off Gary Speers (Owner of Flyaway) by Keith and Chris Fields a couple of years ago. Since Pigeon Forge and Las Vegas don't belong together anymore, the changed the name of the Vegas tunnel....

From their new Webpage:

...As they enter their 3rd year since the manager buyout, the Tunnel Ratz are still flying away, except now they fly under a new name, "Vegas Indoor Skydiving" (formerly known as Flyaway). With efforts underway to construct a new facility, Vegas Indoor Skydiving will continue to offer the thrill of flight at the 200 Convention Center Drive location.

In respect to the Flyaway name and legacy, we honor our heritage and hold proudly that we were formerly known as Flyaway Las Vegas. Other than the name, everything else will remain the same including staff and management. So come fly with us at Vegas Indoor Skydiving.