tunnelmom

Team Future routines

Just saw on 9 News here in Colorado that they won the World Championship in California today but they didn't give any more details. The News said they will followup with more on tomorrow's News.

They're AWESOME!B|

Just saw on 9 News here in Colorado that they won the World Championship in California today but they didn't give any more details. The News said they will followup with more on tomorrow's News.

They're AWESOME!B|

Actually, the story shown on 9news was that they broke a world record for flying 1 hour and 18 minutes straight...

One night a few years ago I did 45 straight with a friend who had time to burn... It was fun.

I hereby am looking for sponsors. I will fly for 2 hours straight if you buy me the time. If I have to get out, I will pay all the money back.

The real impressive part of the story was when one of the kids knew down to the day, the number of days until his 18th birthday. I am happy to see they are so excited to try "outdoor" skydiving too.

I believe the Guiness record stipulates no contact with the walls, net, ot "top", otherwise I've got that record beat.

:P

I think a lot of people do.......

BUT

If its not in front of 2 Guiness Judges it didnt happen ....lol... ;)

Hey Jennifer, so who was it that stopped first...... im betting Justin was spinning all over and tired himself out ....lol...

was great fun flying with you guys will catch up at another tunnel soon.... May make it a flyaway tunnel so we can all crash around the mats....

Dave.

Hi Everyone--

In order for the record to be official everything must be documented, recorded, and meet with very specific Guinness guidelines. There are specific requirements like not touching the walls or net. You also need to apply to Guinness and have your application accepted, they then send you all of the specific requirements and documentation procedures. The official time yesterday was one hour thirty six minutes and six seconds.... The kids want to remain the record holders but are always open to a challenger any day! Footage of the record setting event can be found on the Good Morning America website, they were there and the story aired this morning. Here is the link to the footage from Good Morning America this morning.
Sorry I don't know what to do to make it "clicky"

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Springtime/story?id=4903476&page=1

Hey Dave--

The kids got out at the same time it was kind of a "team thing"..... ;) As a parent, I am so glad it was that way, don't know if we woudl have done the attempt otherwise!

I definitely think they could go for longer--- once someone challenges the record I am sure they will want to give it another try!

Anytime you are around in the US we'd love to fly again with you and crash on the mats -- you know Justin is up for that ANY time...

Hope you are recovering from jet lag! TTYL...

Right now I think they each have about 140 hours of tunnel time, this is largely due to a very generous community and some fantastic support from several tunnels such as SkyVenture Colorado, IFly San Francisco, and I Fly Hollywood as well as the skydiving community and companies like Bev Suits, Freak'n Suits, Go Fast and Bonehead composites. The kids really appreciate everything everyone in the sport has done to help and sponsor them! They would never be where they are today if it hadn't been for all of the support they have been so fortunate to receive. They also are very lucky to be working with awesome coaches. Dan Perry is an amazing freefly coach and Rusty Lewis has really been helping them to improve in their 4 way FS skills. Ok, now I realize this sounds sappy and I don't mean for it to sound that way -- but we really do appreciate everyone who has helped the kids get to where they are today.