skydude2000

Ontario Tunnels

Hey everyone! Quick question from a frustrated newb. I'm having trouble with my 2-way RW jumps for my 'A', and one of my instructors told me the quickest way to fix it, is with tunnel time. I've done a search and found no open wind tunnels in Ontario Canada. Anyone know where my closest tunnel might be?

Thanks,

Skydude
PULL!! or DIE!!

Hey,

Quick easy answer: There are none, I wish!

They're supposed to be building one in BC this or next year I heard.

Good luck with finding the closest one, You may be making a trip to Florida or something.

EDITED TO ADD:

http://www.skydiveorange.com/tunnels.htm

WICKED!!! Just found this:
Aerodium Canada Inc.
1451 St. Georges
St. Simon PQ J0H 1Y0
Canada

I'm gonna investigate that.....

Here's another good link

[/url]http://www.skydivingmagazine.com/windtunl.htm[url]
"When once you have tasted flight..."

Skyventure New Hampshire. Already running to train instructors -- Opens in a couple weeks.

www.skyventurenh.com

About 6 hours drive from Ottawa.

Aerodium is no longer operating a tunnel -- they did in 1979-1980; they were the first recreational VWT open to the public.

They were still operating in 1982. I went there several times and also made a jump out of an old Sikorsky piston driven helicopter that they had sitting around.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Here is a link for a COMPLETE, world wide tunnel resource with maps/locations:
Bodyflight.net

There is a post on the first page of this forum asking about tunnels in Canada. It wasn't posted too long ago, take a look and see if there are any other posts in there that may help.
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

There was talk of a tunnel in Niagara Falls, Ontario. They even had a website and were supposed to be under construction. Last I heard was that the idea had been shelved :(

Hey Justin!

That Niagara tunnel will never be completed. It's funding has been cut and it's construction completely halted. It was to be a blower anyhow (fans below)

My Karma ran over my Dogma!!!