mattyblast

Entering & Exiting the Tunnel

Listen, I mean really listen to your tunnel instructor.

I can't stress the need NOT to jump or thrust off the floor.

Remember the wind is moving at 90 degrees to how you're standing. It's pretty easy to lean your body into the wind while arching and fly it all the way in. DON'T bedn at the waist, just go slow. remember that to get in your legs may straighten out fully but once you're in that's gonna produce a drive towards the wall. Get thos legs up, have your arms ready to push out at the far wall to stop yourself, and don't focus on the point you think you're gonna hit.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Pay attention to diablopilot.:P

It finally clicked when I realized I could slowly lean down onto the air instead of the various dives and jumps I used to do.

But, I think if you ask your instructor for some demos, a lot of times they will show you and everyone else in your block an entrance or two before they start the clock... It takes about 10 seconds to demonstrate two entrances.

Or, show up early and watch other people - as that is how I learn a lot.

Or, show up early and watch other INSTRUCTORS [people] - as that is how I learn a lot.

Just a little edit.

Make sure you are watching instructors and not just any tourist. Tourists have a lot of bad habbits you don't want to pick up on.

You could even ask an instructor that isn't yours to demo an enterance before their class. I know at SVO the coaches would gladly do that if you are a jumper and just sitting around trying to learn.

Don't be afraid to ask ?'s and talk w. the instructors, people will post just about anything here in the forums that they've seen, heard, etc. Trust the people who do it day in and day out, the rats.
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

Funny side story, has not a lot to do with your question -

A while back we had our first tunnel session as a team. We had Pat (who has hundreds of hours in the tunnel) Amy and I (who have about 20 hours a piece) and Molly, who had been in the Perris tunnel maybe twice.

Anyway, Pat walked in because he always walks in. Amy walked in to get out of the way, I walked in because I wanted to mess with Amy. Then I turned around and saw Molly walking in. Our eyes all got big, and I launched off the net as fast as I could so she'd get the idea. She launched too; almost did a frontloop. The tunnel rat finally realized what was going on and grabbed her before she went over. (Not his fault really; he couldn't know that the three of us were used to net launches but Molly wasn't.)

We told her later that walking was not the preferred way to enter for your first few tunnel sessions.

Entering as every one said, just lean into it gently i always give a little flick with my toes just to get into the tunnel but i think thats just a little one of my habits. Getting out just track but make sure you dont reach for the door early else you'll just end up going backwards away from it!! seen that done loads of times!!
If you can't take care, take cover!!!

Nayf