oosskis

How does the recirculating Colorado tunnel stack up to the rest?

Just wondering how the new Colorado tunnel stacks up to the rest of them? Any comparison?
Windspeeds, Airflow quality, Acceleration - deceleration, noise externally, price per hour, facilities.
I know it's 12 ft and has 4x300hp engines. I've been in Orlando, Perris and Arizona, so any comparison would help.
Thanks
"Bodygolfing" isn't as much fun as it sounds. People get pissed when you don't replace your divets.

The colorado tunnel is great, the air is really clean, and it stays constant, you won't find yourself suddenly dropping down because of a wind gust outside the tunnel. there is very little dropoff near the walls, still a litte near the doors though. overall i'm pretty happy with it, i've already had about an hour and a half in there.

i'm sure my buddy Travis will chime in with some more thoughts too, he's had much more flight time in there than I have.
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

As this forum is becoming about 50% raw advertisement for various tunnels, we'll see a lot of info about all the SV tunnels, Bedford (4 times), Airkix, and then some upset notes about some of the 'others'.

And why each is so preferrable over all the others. That's fun.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Just wondering how the new Colorado tunnel stacks up to the rest of them? Any comparison?
Windspeeds, Airflow quality, Acceleration - deceleration, noise externally, price per hour, facilities.

It's unbelieveably quiet. There is zero noise outside the building, and I have been inside the building and been unable to tell that the tunnel was actually operating.

What's up man? How ya been?

SVCO is super quiet. You just almost cannot tell it's rinning standing just outside the building.

The airflow is smooth and powerful, up to about 170mph so far. Too fast for most people.

It's warm. We keep it between 70 and 80 degrees most of the time.

Quick response, like all SkyVentures, an hour off peak is $675 I think, but then I don't sell the time, I just fly it.

Two team rooms, resturauns across the parking lot (including some GREAT sushi), great hotel across the street with discounts avaliable.

Come vist, it would be good to see you again.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

My tunnel is better than your tunnel! Nanny-nanny-poo-poo! :P

Um, anyhow, I look forward to checking out Colorado. My 8-way teammates and I have booked a TON of time for the last weekend of April and the first weekend of May. :)
I'm sure it's just as nice as Orlando.

It's a LOT quieter than Arizona, a pleasant temperature at all times, and a smidge smaller.

Hey Drew.....a 'smidge' smaller? ;) I think the approximate 27% (or so) less surface area qualifies as more than just a smidge smaller...especially if you are trying to do 4-way in there. There are lots of things we can't do because of the size, but i'll tell you what, it's much easier to get clocked in the head in the 12 footer! Ask Paul G. or Hooknswoop about that! hahaha :P

I'll definitely agree that it's quieter and more comfy with the temps!

In the end, I'm just happy we have one so close!

Courtney

but i'll tell you what, it's much easier to get clocked in the head in the 12 footer! Ask Paul G. or Hooknswoop about that! hahaha

You scared the hell out of me, don't ever do that again!;)

Derek

You got it! I don't really fancy the direct knee-to-face contact so I'll be sure to protect myself better next time.

thanks for the save!

Court

.....a 'smidge' smaller? ;) I think the approximate 27% (or so) less surface area qualifies as more than just a smidge smaller...especially if you are trying to do 4-way in there. There are lots of things we can't do because of the size, but i'll tell you what, it's much easier to get clocked in the head in the 12 footer! Ask Paul G. or Hooknswoop about that! hahaha :P

Courtney

Leave it to a science geek to get her calculator out to determine surface area differences.......
Derek told me about carrying you out of the tunnel that day.

Oh yeah, the black eye, I told everybody it was a really tough "pass the rock" session and you had to wonder what the cabin crew was thinking on your way back to CO, especially when Brian was wearing his wife beater. (I'm cracking me up)

I give it a thumbs up.

Quiet (even inside...I lost an earplug and it didn't bother me.)

Smooth air (and very little sudden "dropping")

Nice temperatures! (pretty damn cool that they can control the temperature in there. In between sessions, the staff would ask us whether we wanted it cooler or warmer. Sweet!)

Friendly, accomodating staff.

I was not freeflying, so I can't really comment on how "fast" the tunnel can get. It was plenty fast for us belly flyers of course.

Nice facilities, nice area...a lot of restaurants and things to do in that part of town. The Asian place next door was very yummy. (Thanks for the tip, Derek!)

We'll be back there again this weekend. :)