kamalasound

Freefly & Bedford tunnel

I was wondering if the Bedford tunnel has enough air flow for head down tricks and consistent freeflying?
Looks from the picks and the data that the speed won't allow heavy freeflyiers to properly fly.
Please some advice from who has been in there...........not on the belly!!
I am planning a trip to the Eloy tunnel but would rather stay in europe if the tunnel has enough lift.

Hi,

Not sure which data you have seen that would make you think this isnt possible!

We have had some pretty good FF sessions so far and have gone as far as a five way head down... sit is comfortable and generally speed has never been the limiting factor on what we do.

Presently we have restricted our speed as the power levels could be too much! to date the highest speed flights have been made at 1.6MW out of a possible 3.2MW from our motor

To date I am pleased to say that not one of the experienced fliers that we have flown with has left us wishing the tunnel was better ;)

Guess you'll have to just come and try it out :P:D

Bodyflight Bedford
www.bodyflight.co.uk

Bedford tunnel is plenty powerful enough.

Seen friends flying in there in their normal / tight freefly suits and them just flying a little too fast to stay vertical on their heads .....however, the tunnel was at 60%!!!!!

My personal experience: baggy freefly suit (not a tunnel suit) and it is fine in there.

This tunnel is properly good. The speed change is very fast; when the operator changes the speed, it happens quickly. I have been stuck up the tunnel for a little while on some occasions!!!

This tunnel really is good. The power and the size of the flying area are great. It really is a great facility so you should definately check it out.

I weigh 100kg and have an incredibly aerodynamic body shape (a stomach the size of the stay puff marshmallow man) ... I've flown in Bedford and they could pin me to the net at the top if they wanted too - knee flying!

In fact I think Paul has tried once or twice. Not sure what that's all about ;-)

i was in the tunnel not too long ago and was really impressed, i dont think you need mega baggy tunnel suits for this one, and the air feels different than perris(less need for ' tunnel flying')

i was flying in a FS type suit and doing whatever i wanted vertically

awesome tunnel

Red/yellow suit - Fabian from Orlando
Black white suit - Ippo Fabi (Team Aria)
Camo - Cathy Bouette (Bablyon)
Blue Suit - Rob Silver

Some of the worlds best, they all seemed pretty blown away by the tunnel (pardon the pun):D

Gobsmacking to watch Fabian run up one wall, across the top net, down the other wall, across the floor, again and again.

This tunnel is the muts!