Prices for Bodyflight UK are up - a few questions

Membership £80 - is this yearly membership? Do you have to become a member? What are the benefits of membership if it's not compulsory?

30 mins = £320, so a little over £10.50/min. Is this the largest bulk package that will be on offer? Will we be able to purchase blocks of an hour at a time at a further reduction?

Can 2 flyers "share" the tunnel for instance? So, let's say we have a 2 way team who want to fly together - can they still get 30 mins for £320 with both of them flying? If this is possible, will there be any restrictions with how many people can fly in the tunnel?

Thanks!

PS any further word on the end of August opening?

"Skydiving is a door"
Happythoughts

Hi,

Membership £80 - is this yearly membership? Do you have to become a member? What are the benefits of membership if it's not compulsory?

Membership is a one off thing - and you need to have flown with us at least an hour before you can join. There are alot of benefits to membership... cheaper flights / invitational events / cost DVD recording to name but a few....

30 mins = £320, so a little over £10.50/min. Is this the largest bulk package that will be on offer? Will we be able to purchase blocks of an hour at a time at a further reduction?

No - we offer anything from 1 to 10 hours as a bulk purchase. Prices decrease based on volume with £600 per hour as our initial starting point... the more you buy the cheaper you fly! ;)

Can 2 flyers "share" the tunnel for instance? So, let's say we have a 2 way team who want to fly together - can they still get 30 mins for £320 with both of them flying? If this is possible, will there be any restrictions with how many people can fly in the tunnel?

Yes - the more people you get in there the cheaper / more fun you are likely to have! the only restriction is safety based so all flyers need to demonstrate competence before flying with others or larger formations - much like the sky really.

Hope this helps :)

Bodyflight Bedford
www.bodyflight.co.uk

Beats the hell out of Aerokart... and you don't have to go to France! :P

Quick query, does the booking have to be by an individual or can a team do it? ie. If one guy books an hour (at £600) and then all four members fly (having previously proved competence) either in pairs or as a four, would that be allowed?:S:)
Cheers!

Not one shred of evidence supports the theory that life is serious - look at the platypus.

Quick query, does the booking have to be by an individual or can a team do it? ie. If one guy books an hour (at £600) and then all four members fly (having previously proved competence) either in pairs or as a four, would that be allowed?

You book the time - you do what you like with it! - so should you want 12 friends to fly... thats OK!
(provided they are not first time flyers and require initial instruction and kit etc!:P)

:)

Bodyflight Bedford
www.bodyflight.co.uk

Are you still planning to run through the night for at an off-off-peak rate or do the ecconomics not work out like that?

Despite the electricity being slightly cheaper at nights - this trades off with unsocial hours / staff cost etc so if demand is high we could look to extend... but unlikely it would make a big difference to pricing.

:)

Bodyflight Bedford
www.bodyflight.co.uk

Completely off topic here, but i was just cycling past Liverpool Street station and some guy in a black 4x4 truck pulled up next to me...with a freaking Bodyflight sticker stuck in the back window of his cab!

I pulled up next to the truck but it had blacked out windows and i couldn't see in easily but i didn't recognise the guy from what little i saw.

Just thought iwould let you know the marketing campaign appears to be working!

"Skydiving is a door"
Happythoughts

Paul.....have you got any Freefly 'programmes' in the offing yet ? or do we have to bring our 'own' coach....
I like the sound of the block rates......

We have some awesome freefly coaches on staff - and have also spoken about external coaching with alot of the best known competitors globally. We are arranging training camps and dates at the moment and will publish these in the coming weeks.

Our own team includes Michi Sadner, Rob Silver and Bernd who all can do the business when it comes to freefly training.

... or of course you can bring your own ;):D

Bodyflight Bedford
www.bodyflight.co.uk

LOL !

Not at all... must have missed it in the clutch of other questions...

I would have answered because we are not a million miles off. Our final delivery arrived yesterday - the bearing part to connect our propeller. Today we have installed this and are in the process of clearing out the tunnel ready for the wind to blow (it has to be clean or it could hurt a little!). Final strands going into our sprung net.. and a touch of last minute paint as we take our maintenance platform out the bottom.

Given this we have sceduled our first switch on with our colleages from Switzerland arriving here on Monday morning...

If all goes to plan - and we have not too much tweaking etc we need about 2 weeks of general tidyup before we let people in.

;):PB|

Bodyflight Bedford
www.bodyflight.co.uk

Bulk discounts are given at the time of purchase so you would need to buy hours together....

If you just turned up and flew an hour - then the next hour was available and you flew that too you may have a discussion with reception at the time, after all its not about nit picking! lol

;)

Bodyflight Bedford
www.bodyflight.co.uk

I have a question, I typed 640 (GBP) into a currency converter (320 per half hour * 2) and it came up as $1,152.60 given current currency rates.

That means that for an hour of flight BodyflightUK would cost $1,152.60 US dollars. Skyventure Orlando lists an hour (peak) as $630, almost half the cost of the UK tunnel.

I know our economies are not scaled with each other, but that just strikes me a very disproportionate price difference. Over here $1150 isnt really pocket money for most of us.

--
My other ride is a RESERVE.

Maybe the price of petrol will put it in context. We pay just over $6 per gallon, I heard my American friends complaining recently when the US price went over $2,50 per gallon.

Same with jump tickets, the average price for a jump in the UK is between $35 and $40.