WatchYourStep

Tunnel in Los Angeles

I'm going to be around LA in early July and want to find a tunnel. I'm from Kansas so we have no tunnels near by so I'm going to hit one up if one is close by while I'm out on the coast. Can anyone suggest a tunnel in the area and give me some contact info?

Thanks

"You start off your skydiving career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience up before your bag of luck runs out."

Thanks. Do you log wind tunnel time in your skydiving logbook?

(beware - newb response)

I would. It is your logbook. Plus it'll give your aff/i more information about your skills in relationship to your amount of tunnel time. But, I have asked (someone?), and tunnel time does not count as freefall time for the uspa-related stuff.

You can have it good, fast, or cheap: pick two.

Thanks. Do you log wind tunnel time in your skydiving logbook?

I log everything in my logbook...:P First plane ride down, hours in the tunnel, new gear... Does not mean it will count for anything for ratings, but it will come in handy when I need useless trivia... There was a good post by someone who said he also logs how much he paid per item in his logbook, or how much he earned - because for taxes this will pay off... Good idea, because in a few years you might actually get paid to teach and you will have a lot of learning to writeoff for taxes!

Pink Mafia Tunnel

Rosa can hook up the girlies with inductions if she is in the area. I know she flies SVP a ton. She's a great girl, go fly with her! We need to spread the PMTS love out there on the West coast.

Ha ha ha ha, just saw Dawn's post, great minds think alike ;). You can contact Rosa at the other email or this one [email protected]

Either way get a hold of her and go fly with her Barbie, it needs love :)
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

Pink Mafia Tunnel

Rosa can hook up the girlies with inductions if she is in the area. I know she flies SVP a ton. She's a great girl, go fly with her! We need to spread the PMTS love out there on the West coast.

Ha ha ha ha, just saw Dawn's post, great minds think alike ;). You can contact Rosa at the other email or this one [email protected]

Either way get a hold of her and go fly with her Barbie, it needs love :)

is the PMTS accepting dudes now too??:D:S

Perris has a tunnel and its about a 45 drive from LA.

I agree with Betsy. Call Perris Skyventure and talk with one of their staff. The tunnel and the Perris Skyventure staff is pretty wonderful.

I would also personally recommend flying with a coach from either Skydive Elsinore or Perris. I usually fly with coaches from Elsinore Gravity and the Excel program. Just PM Melanie Curtis at CurtisMelanieJ. Also, Dom aka dgskydive and his teammates (Bikerbabe or Hipgnosis) are great to work with in there. Good luck and have fun! :)

Shameless self promotion, works every time. At least our name is out there. You'd be surprised at how many guys have told girls about it :)
I didn't even look at the profile.
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

Paige and Dawn, thanks for thinking of me (you two are so sweet!), but I don't want to appear pushy with the PMTS on these forums. I will let it evolve, naturally, and if someone wants to fly with me and my Barbie, they know how to reach me. ;)

Also, I am not in the tunnel as much as you two. I LOVE developing my flying skills, though, since I'm still a baby flyer with so much that I need to learn. Yet, I can always recommend coaches or even share a coached session with someone. :)