h83

precision 365 tandem main

Hello,
i need some help from some experienced TI...
i want to buy a sigma tandem system with a precision 365 main. are there any differences between the precision and the icarus 365 tandem main. i know that precision aerodynamics formaly produced the tandem main. but are they still the same?
on our dropzone we have icarus 365 and i am very happy with them....
so thanks for your help

HEIMO

I have jumped almost every tandem main on the market.
I owned a Sigma with the 365 in it.
Once the canopy was open, I really liked it.The openings were just not to my liking.
Now, before I get dozens of responses from people extollong the virtues af this canopy, and how I don't know what i am talking about, this is my OPINION.
I liked the flight charactaristics of the canopy, and really liked the response of the bottom end of the flair.
I am sure, had I put a few hundred more jumps on it, it wouyld have not seemed odd to me.

Good luck with your new baby, abd be safe

Ralph Nichols
USPA Tandem I/E 09

There is just a little difference in them, I believe the main difference is in line trim. If I remember correctly I think the PT has a little higher toggle pressure then the Icarus.

Also remember that Icarus/Precision tandem canopies are available withup to four different steering line configurations, which affects toggle pressure.

I own a Icarus 330 and 365 built by Precision, one Icarus (Spain) 365, and one Precision 330. They all have been relined by Mel at Skyworks, so line trim I would assume has been standardized. They all have a bit of their own little quirks/personality, but are for the most part the same canopy. That "personality" changes over time as the lines (all Vectran) go through their life.

Were I in the market for another new tandem main, I'd call George Galloway (Precision).

Edit to add: I like 2 steering, 6 flair line configuration. I've always jumped a dual toggle setup, so never issue remembering to pick up the flair toggles.
Experience is what you get when you thought you were going to get something else.

AC DZ

Why not Sigma 340 then?
They are so more fun then the 370's.
They have less tendency to tension nuts, a lot less toggle pressure, even softer opening, very solid thru turbulence with amasing swoop landing. Last year we had 5 370's, and for the first time 4 340's. Everybody want to have 340's.
Best main canopy I had so far.

Richard
When you think you're good...this is when you become dangerous.

We got two new ones for the last season.

1. no brakes settings. (you are stowing a bight of line of the steering lines on the cascades) It stages the opening. Saves time for packing)

2. Sweet low toggle pressure.

3. Flies pretty nicely.

4. If you haven't jumped one before, the opening can be a little fun....takes a bit of getting used to. I thought I was having a malfunction for the first 5 jumps..lol

I would say its a decent main especially for the price. I hear they aren't as expensive as others.