skydiverek

Head-down and Sit-fly tandems (videos)

Ok so let me get this straight you had 30 jumps, and you had a bit of experience with 2-way and sit fly. O.K. so how much tunnel did you have???? Cause it takes 25 jumps to get an A lic. so you ether had alot of tunnel or no experience worth even talking about. Also Did you know at that time that rig was not made to FF in??????

Very few years ago, it only took ten jumps to get an A license here in Canada.
Just saying...
Eric

i'm sorry but this doesn't excuse anything - The TI used poor judgement and broke the rules, the vidiot was in a bad and dangerous place, and you with 30 jumps had no experience i don't care if you had hours of tunnel time. at 30 jumps you are still learning to save your life.
This video shows how stupid people can be and how lucky you are. your reply only shows how ignorrant you were at the time.
with students falling out of harnesses, TI's low turning into the ground, and all the other shit that has happened with tandems the last few years i wouldn't be surprised if the FAA doesn't step in and start regulating tandems again.
lets wake up out there ! time to start using tandems for what they were designed for , safely introducing new people to our sport and training. if you want a carnival ride go to 6 flags.

just one question : (no Alexis, you can't answer this one !;)) does anyone here actually know the 2 instructors involved in the sit-flying tandem and their skydiving background before calling them with names like "vidiots" and so on ???

Just to clear up a slight misunderstanding here, the word "videot" is not an insult - it's a general term which refers to any camera flyer, regardless of skill or IQ ;)

*edited for layout - several times (I hate mondays)...
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

I could care less what 2 expierenced jumpers do. That is for them (and gear owner) to decide. We all understand what we are doing and the risk involved. I still have not got a reply from Yarak or who ever was being ignorant tords me.

_
I wasnt being ignorant towards you. I just simply thohgt you were overreacting. You called someone a peice of shit. I think that was uncalled for. Everyone uses bad judgement occasionally, doesnt mean they are a peice of shit........ just human.
As far as my statements go, they are valid statistically speaking. I'm not condoning or condeming FF tandems. I simply think you overreacted.
I hope this sastifies your strange fascination with me responding to you.

Please dont kill me in my sleep, cause I fear you are disturbed
I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll burn your fucking packing tent down.

I'm the passenger on the first video and some people seems to freak out about it, I felt I had to clarify a bit.

At that moment I had 30 jumps under my belly and I was already CoP A. Although I know I wasn't an expert of freefly or anything at that stage, I had a bit of experience in 2-way and sitfly and I though that a "normal jump" would have been cool, but a "different" jump could be great !

I talked about it with both the tandem master and the cameraman (who I both know quite well because I did some of my training with them) and we decide altogether to do a 3-way sitfly.
-----------------------------------
- so what you are saying is 2 very experienced skydivers allowed a novice to talk them into doing something that was highly dangerous, interesting
-----------------------------------

Since I understand some peeps don't like to see things they consider risky happens, I think a bit of moderation and thinking would be welcome. I would never approve anything dangerous and personally, I still consider myself as a very conservative skydiver. But that one was as prepared as it can be and I felt totally safe with these two birds with me.
------------------------------------
- this is not "considered" risky - it absolutely is very risky
- since you did not think it was dangerous - it must not be dangerous, based on your 30 jumps of experience?
- sounds like it was well prepared, but preparation doesn't make it safe, only safer than not preparing, no preparation in the world makes a premature deployment safe

----------------------------

At last, skydiving will always be a matter of ratio fun/danger for me, and I think communication with higher experience jumpers is the key to reduce to the max those dangers. It's great to see that so many people are willing to give advices to avoid tricky situations and potentially deadly manoeuvres, but let's face it, without anyone pushing the limits now and then, the sport would still be the same as it was 40 years ago.
---------------------------
- advancing the sport is about taking reasonable risks under controlled conditions by qualified personnel, none of these conditions existed in this example

- the real issue is that if something had gone wrong the rest of us would have to deal with the consequences of the FAA, bad press, etc.
- for you, your family and the skydiving community I'm glad nothing went wrong

Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.

Heh, heh, you should lighten up.;)
What could possibly go wrong?:o

“The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec quotes (Polish writer, poet and satirist 1906-1966)