NSEMN8R

P-card photocopy

This may be a new change if they are requiring it now but I have seen course directors fill out photocopied profieciency cards for various reasons. This used to be acceptable. I have always been given the original and the CD would send in the paperwork to the USPA. Obviously the CD didn't send in the original P-card if I had it.

I'll take this one step futher and say why the hell would the USPA care if the P-card was an original or a photocopy as long as the signatures were signed and valid. Again I recognize that this may have changed but that would seem counter productive.

If a card gets destroyed or lost during a course for whatever reason will the CD require a candidate to get a new book just to get a new card. I would hope not.
Think of how stupid the average person is and realize that statistically half of them are stupider than that.

I was told that they are not accepted by the vice president of the USPA(that was 1 month ago).
Kirk

I have faxed mine to them. How would they know if it was copied first or not?
"I'm not lost. I don't know where I'm going, but there's no sense in being late."
Mathew Quigley

I'll take this one step futher and say why the hell would the USPA care if the P-card was an original or a photocopy as long as the signatures were signed and valid. Again I recognize that this may have changed but that would seem counter productive.

If a card gets destroyed or lost during a course for whatever reason will the CD require a candidate to get a new book just to get a new card. I would hope not.

I was told the USPA needs the money from the IRM sales. I would think the USPA would not care but after buying the IRM to get the USPA tandem rating (I have been a tandem istructor for almost 5 years). There was a mistake made on my P-card while filling in all the pre-requisite stuff so I used a photo copy I had made for someone else. When I got the the course I was told, it was not acceptable and got a talk about how the USPA needs the money from the sale of the IRM. I pointed out I had already bought the IRM and if need be I would buy another. We found an exra IRM and used the orginal p-card, so take it for what ever you want. Oh, yeah the course was taught by the Vice President of the USPA and was done last month. In the end really is the $40 or what ever it cost for the book that big of deal (just a couple of tandem jumps)
Kirk
By the way loved the course. Jake Stokes is the man and does one superb job of teaching and really help me get through the little bit I needed without having to retake the entire course.

Given that FAX is the standard way to submit proficiency cards, I see no reason why you can't start with a high quality current photocopy. USPA will not have any way to know one way or the other. You can also download a proficiency card from the USPA website: http://www.uspa.org/publications/form.pdf/TanProfCard0806.pdf

Once you complete your rating, the course director will fax in the card, and give you the original to keep. You only need to present the original if someone requires proof of rating before the USPA sends you your new membership card.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

What did you do back before there were photocopiers??

Why we telephoned them, and described each and every jump, of course :):P

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)