skreamer

Changing exit order - wind?

I agree, especially since no one has to spot any more. It's the hardest skill to learn in spotting, partly (I think) because it sounds so easy.

This definately depends on your dropzone. I'm a student, and spotting is one of the most stressful parts of my skydives. I'd rather be hanging from the strut than leaning out that door. Though I must say that the first (and only) time I had the pilot make a correction was a pretty thrilling experience.
My concern, however, is that the spot doesn't seem to matter much in a C-182 and a 3000ft opening, so I don't really have a penalty for being early or late.

Note that most 4-way teams take 6-8 seconds climbing out

Maybe out of a big plane like an Otter, but I think it is likely longer (never actually timed it) for a C-182, which you will find at small dropzones everywhere... anyway, we put bellyfliers out before freefliers.

and you can fit HOW many people in a C-182?

In ours we can do 6 including the pilot. It's a wide-body with STOL kit & wing-tip extensions. The thing takes almost no space getting off the runway and I can't remember the last time I heard the stall-buzzer. Hell, I think I've almost even forgotten what the buzzer sounds like.
On a JM load I'l usually have one student next to the pilot, one behind the pilot and two in the back along with me in front sitting on my knees.
Kris

right a wide body c-182 can be rated for 5 jumpers..... my humorous point was with that aircraft you really aren't going to worry much about separation if you're doing a 4way, unless the pilot plans on jumping. in which case he should give 6-8 seconds before bale out...

right a wide body c-182 can be rated for 5 jumpers..... my humorous point was with that aircraft you really aren't going to worry much about separation if you're doing a 4way, unless the pilot plans on jumping. in which case he should give 6-8 seconds before bale out...

Shit, if I need to get out I'm climbing right over your ass. You can read the "Follow" and "Me" written on the bottom of my shoes. Oh yah, and Bwahahahahahahhahahaha!!!!!!!!!
Chris Schindler
D-19012
ATP/CFII
www.DiverDriver.com

and you can fit HOW many people in a C-182?

Well it still takes more than 6 seconds for 4 people to climb out that little door and get into position! At least it did for us last weekend -- although there's no way you could call us a team!