Remster

Safety, #1 priority?

Yeah, that's why I said I was more dangerous to be driving than the average person is to be skydiving. I'm still in the higher risk category for skydiving (I can't really determine what my risk of fatality is there since I don't have enough info.) I've also been in a couple of accidents and numerous close calls, so i figured they compared to my reserve ride.
I just don't think anyone can really compare the two, especially since driving is a necessary evil and skydiving is a sport. I tried comparing skydiving to other sports (waterskiing) to show my dad that it's not that bad. (hence, water skiing has more deaths a year, and i had an even closer call while skiing-a speed boat zoomed on past me and missed me by about 10 ft.)
Okay, I'm just a dangerous person all around, and everyone should look out when I'm around!
Drink 'Em Cute

One more time for those of you that aren't paying attention.
I follow Derek's train of thought here.. This is from another post.
"It is difficult to believe that I have to get hurt or killed skydiving. I was much more likely to get injured when I was a full time instructor because i couldn't pick my days and had to do Tandems to pay the bills. Now, if I am tired, recovering from a cold, the weather isn't good, I can sit on the ground. I can call the shots. I know skydiving is a risk, and that knowledge helps keep me safe. I don't let my guard down. I maintain my gear w/ a vengance. I conciencesly and continually observe conditions and risk factors and make good judgement calls based on experience and common sense. I beleive that as long as I continue this vigilance I have a very small chance of being injured or killed skydiving. Flying in airplanes is not considered dangerous, but take a look at the NTSB's web site. There are 3-10 incidents/crashes everyday, mostly due to pilot error ( this catagory encompasses a lot of things like flying into weather they shouldn't have= bad decisions)or mistakes in maintenance. rarely does big airliner crash, because the pilots and crew are very well trained, fly well maintained aircraft, excersice good judgement (helped in part by company policy, and hindered by company policy in some cases, i'm sure) and plan their flight in detail, taking into account contigencies. is flying dangerous? It can be, if you do not do the things necessary to keep it safe. I believe it is the same thing in skydiving. Most of the little accidents I've seen, the jumper did not do at leat one of the 4 things that can make skydiving safe: pre-planning, good judgement, proper equipment, and special Training."
Again.. I agree with Derek.
Blue Skies and Smooth Rides!!

Boy you have alot of time on your hand. There's better ways to be a post whore than sayin that everybody is wrong.LOL
pretty pathetic if you ask me LOL. you know your stuff Rhino so iguess you should write a book or something.LOL
C.Ya around
P.L.U.R.