ZigZagMarquis

The other plane Rapter was thinking about

It is a Max-Holste MH-1521 Broussard inveted by Max Holste,. We jumped such aircraft till 80s.
Jérôme Bunker
Basik Air Concept
www.basik.fr
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Le-Luc-France/BASIK-AIR-CONCEPT/172133350468

It is a Max-Holste MH-1521 Broussard inveted by Max Holste,. We jumped such aircraft till 80s.

The name is longer than the airplane.

Sparky

To make it simple, Broussard.
Jérôme Bunker
Basik Air Concept
www.basik.fr
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Le-Luc-France/BASIK-AIR-CONCEPT/172133350468

In 1977 Rosamel Gomez and I flew to the dropzone at Las Flores from Buenos Aires in this Argentine airforce Broussard.

The pilot kept a holstered pistol with him at all times during the ferry flights and while we were jumping from the aircraft.

If you consider the length of the flaps and ailerons and the huge tail surfaces both horizontal and vertical stabilizers it's obviously meant for low and slow flight meaning it can get on and off very short strips....anyone know what the powerplant is?

The story that I heard ... was that the French Army wanted to buy DHC-2 Beavers (made in Canada) to support French soldiers fighting in Algeria and Viet Nam, but the French government refused to allow the money (francs) to leave the country, so Max Holst copied the Canadian Beaver.
This story was told to me by a Canadian civilian pilot who owned a Brossard, Agcat and a few Pipers.

Remember that the United States Army was DHC's biggest customer, buying huge numbers of Beavers, single Otters, Cariboos, etc. for their wars in Korea and Viet Nam.

There was a Broussard that sat at Aero Country DZ in the Dallas area for a while in the mid 80s but never flew. Seems it had similar FAA certification problems suffered by the single engine Otter and the AN-2.[:/] We were jumping a Beaver at the time and it would have been interesting to compare the capabilities of both as jump planes.

The older I get the less I care who I piss off.

I just saw this posted on Barnstormers:

MAX HOLSTE BROUSSARD • $42,000 • PRICE REDUCED • MH1521 Broussard 1960 582 SMOH Covington 4073 TTAF French "Beaver" with US engine (PW R-985) prop (Ham Std) 1,800 lbs useful load - heavy hauler! Reg'd w/NO RADIUS limitations. Seats 6+room for lots of luggage. Sliding door (opens in flight). Belly: grenade, camera ports; relief tube. Back seats come in and out easily - 8 feet by 4 feet of flat floor. Easy to maintain and fly. Maintenance manuals and all records since factory. Needs: Left gear leg (found one! easy swap), maybe paint as it is original, an annual, and a new home. Will take LSA in trade! • Contact Charley Zee, Owner - located Santa Rosa Valley, CA USA • Telephone: 805-603-9617 . • Posted April 24, 2011