howardwhite

Jump Plane

So, what do you know about it? Supposedly "purpose built" for skydiving (a term most Americans would not use, sort of like "bespoke suits.")
The only other "purpose built" skydiving planes I know about (in current production) are the PAC 750 and the Kodiak Quest.
Are they thinking about marketing it outside SA?

HW

Seen this one?

HW

Howard,

How about putting together a website of unusual jumpships? You come up with the most amazing photos, incl Lockheed 049? 749? Connie, Boeing C 97, DH Heron, Whitworth Argosy, etc.

There is a jumper on dropzone who posted about a skydive from a TU 95 Bear bomber. Sure wish we had shots of that one.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Yeah, and people want me to do a site on lost drop zones.
I'm about through with jump airplanes for Parachutist. Porter and maybe generic biplanes, balloons, and helicopters. But until some of these new planes come into general use, I'm at the end of that particular rope.
Maybe if I repair my relationships with the Skydiving Museum, that will be the venue. I had a forum on their website which would have included both subjects (and more) but it got lost.

HW

Seen this one?

HW

Howard,

How about putting together a website of unusual jumpships? You come up with the most amazing photos, incl Lockheed 049? 749? Connie, Boeing C 97, DH Heron, Whitworth Argosy, etc.

There is a jumper on dropzone who posted about a skydive from a TU 95 Bear bomber. Sure wish we had shots of that one.

Most Unusual I have jumped recently was a Helio Courier ... not your usual jump aircraft for sure.