efs4ever

1983 Nationals Muskogee OK T Shirt. Anyone Own one?

My first T Shirt venture was the 1983 Nats in Muskogee OK. Word was that an Israeli Arava was going to be there.

I went out and invested a chit load of money on these chirts.

They sold like hotcakes and paid for my family's first "real" vacation.

Anyone recognize em???

Own one??

Best boogie ever for me. :)
Russell M. Webb D 7014
Attorney at Law
713 385 5676
https://www.tdcparole.com

My first T Shirt venture was the 1983 Nats in Muskogee OK. Word was that an Israeli Arava was going to be there.

I went out and invested a chit load of money on these chirts.

They sold like hotcakes and paid for my family's first "real" vacation.

Anyone recognize em???

Own one??

Best boogie ever for me. :)

Chirts were in color, of course. I do not own one at this time. I'd love to see that someone archived it!!
Russell M. Webb D 7014
Attorney at Law
713 385 5676

I'll have to look. I was there for the boogie and bought a shirt at the food cafe but don't think it was that one. In fact, I think the one I got had Muskogee spelled wrong. It was maroon.

I cut the front or back imprint out of some of my old shirts that I didn't have a chance of ever fitting in again. There's someone that I had a link to on the net that would make them into a quilt. I also so for a long time bought an extra shirt, put it in a plastic bag and stashed it. So I've got a bunch from the 90's that are NIB.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

It was my first boogie also. I was home in Tulsa on leave. About the only one's who knew me then were the locals since I was in the military and only skydived when I came home.

Got home just in time for Gerondale to give my belly wart a repack. While I was checking in, nobody "knew" me and I walked in with the solid black Paracommander with dashboard to some snickers. Went thru the hangar with me boogie tag on my rig around front looking for some of the locals. Dropped my rig on the ground and got surrounded by some guys who were giving me crap about jumping that old "antique."

Just about then, Bob Scheirmeir walked thru the crowd and pointed at my rig and said, "You can make all the fun you want, I got a 1,000 jumps on one of those and no malfunctions." He turned and walked away (he mighta been little thirsty at the time (winks at Bob)) and then everyone backed off. Shot the shit with Mike Sisemore a little bit about buying his then new rig. He was thinking of getting out of the sport (which he did) the Wide World of Sports camera was just trashing his knees. We had an old-timers skydiving party at his place on the lake just a few years ago.

In that year; at that boogie, Pete Morris (He and Curly Roe were my Instructors) was doing his 3,000th skydive 36 way. Me and another 100 jump wonder; Jim Lee who was former 82nd Airborne wanted to do a two-way. They stuck us in the front of Mr. Douglas and told us not to leave for 30 seconds after the 36 way had left. There may still be a picture of me out there someplace boarding Mr. Douglas - I only remember looking at the picture and there's everyone else and then this big tall motherfucker.

It was the first time I'd met Bill Booth. His head was stuck under this hood thing attached to this really long set of lenses and I remember seeing his beard hanging down. Now, I'd seen them using 'em earlier in the day to count points on the dives, but he was spinnin the thing around at ground level and I asked someone next to me, "What the fuck is he looking for?" He's lookin at the naked chicks.

I know Pete still has the T-shirt. That fucker has a storage barn filled with memorabilia.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Wow! T-shirts at the Muskogee Nationals. Pete Mckeeman and I (we also produced the video "JUMP!") sold shirts at that one too. Ours had a Twin Otter and a couple of jumpers under canopies, and the Shirt said: "Muskogee Oklahoma USA. A Place Where Even Squares Can Have a Ball"
An obvious play on the song Okie From Muskogee.

Hey!

Do you still have a copy of JUMP? Our Video? The "Yeah Boy" video??? There are folks looking all over for em. I had one somewhere that is now a spool of tape from a broken cassette.

Go post it on Facebook, if you do!!

Thanks.

Yes, I got the idea to sell those shirts from you. Paid for our vacation the first time. Not as well the second time. I used the same company you did to print them.
Russell M. Webb D 7014
Attorney at Law
713 385 5676

Hey Russell,
Yeah! I have JUMP! on my Facebook page, but "Our Video" is on a different format that I need to get transferred. I'll try to get that done soon and hopefully get it to Facebook also. If not, I'll at least get a copy to you. Stay in touch!
Larry

I have a "Cherry Point Skydivers" t-shirt, complete with an emblem of a PC on it, from about 1978. Hard to believe I ever wore this shirt, as it's a MEDIUM and today I wear an XL!

Anyway, I took it down to Office Max, had the imprint scanned into a .jpg, and then found a place on the internet (http://www.customink.com/) that could put that .jpg on a new t-shirt. I now have a brand-new, 1978-model, Cherry Point Skydivers t-shirt. Or something like that!
I'm a jumper. Even though I don't always have money for jumps, and may not ever own a rig again, I'll always be a jumper.