dks13827

Landing a Para Commander video

this is perfect !! what do you young folks think ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yN-ESHjzGNo&feature=related

compare that to crashing in with a cheapo ! [:/]

Then the Strato Star was even way better than the PC ! ;)

I have 60 landings under one of these.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Hi, Rafael,

Can you tell us what the serial number is?

Since it was built in '83 it must be one of the very last ones. Aside from the camo stuff they still build.

JerryBaumchen

Hi Jerry

Just dug out that old thread again...I am right now in the process of re-gaining my license after a 19 year break! Once current again I would love to have a Para Commander...now you say that they are still being made today? I heard of the MC-3 having been around for quire a while but I wasn't aware of the fact that they are still being made. Could you please tell us a bit more?

thanks
Uwe
For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.

-Leonardo da Vinci

Hallo, Uwe,

If you want to jump old style gear it is probably easiest to find an old Paracommander and get it back in the air. They are somewhat rare but are in peoples' closets, and are inexpensive since not in great demand. I'd be surprised if Pioneer wanted to sell to the civilian market any more.

Instead of assembling to an old harness with a belly mount reserve, one could modify a more modern student or accuracy rig to fit a ParaCommander in a bag (rather than a sleeve). Then the whole gear isn't vintage, but with 3 rings, throw out pilot chute, and a deployment bag, it makes it all so much easier to use.

Along about 1980, I used a PC in a WONDERHOG. It was a great combination, and quite a bit cheaper than a ram air canopy at the time.
I'm a jumper. Even though I don't always have money for jumps, and may not ever own a rig again, I'll always be a jumper.

Hi Uwe,

I apologize for not responding before; getting old I guess. [:/]

I heard of the MC-3 having been around for quire a while but I wasn't aware of the fact that they are still being made. Could you please tell us a bit more?

I really do not remember just where I saw them; possibly on the website for the company that bought Pioneer ( French company, I think ).

You might just start browing around the 'net & see if you can find them.

Sorry that I cannot offer more assistance,

JerryBaumchen

Hello again

Thanks for your answers...

Yes, both Airborne Systems and Irvin only sell to official government agents. I found that out when shopping for my military static line gear for the memorial jumps over here.
I was lucky though, found a 2002 SF-10A that had only 5 jumps on it...:o and over here got a MC-1 harness with 0 jumps made in 2007! Got both inspected by a rigger over here and am now ready for the Arnheim jump!

Back to the PC though...once I get my free fall license back I definitely have to have one! Civilian or military does not matter but I think I need the "jumbo" version due to my weight/age ratio 100kg/48years.;)

Blue skies...

Uwe

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.

-Leonardo da Vinci