shotandahalf

Traditions

Does anyone remember: Cardinal Puff, Flight to Berlin, Snorky Dorky or a Mau Mau ?

Took a while but I finally made 'Pope' in college during the late 70's..."least I got DAT goin' for me!" :ph34r:

DEAD ANTS! :o

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Cardinal Puff, Bishop, Pope, the German equivalent of both. Mate, Super Mate, Dead Ants, the list goes on.
I don't care how many skydives you've got,
until you stepped into complete darkness at
800' wearing 95 lbs of equipment and 42 lbs
of parachute, son you are still a leg!

DEAD ANTS!

Damn you. Do you know how hard it is to type when you're laying on the floor, waving your arms and legs and yelling "I'm an ant, I'm an ant, I'm a dirty dead ant"? >:(

I also know Flight to Berlin as Lancaster Bomber. I've been told I narrate it quite well.

I missed what turned out to be my only shot at Cardinal Puff when Al went in. [:/]

Once I made cardinal I don't think I had another drink for a year.

Did mine at the 'Hangar 9' bar back in Carbondale on a 25-cent-a-pitcher Busch Lite promotion night....I STILL can't drink Budweiser products! B|B|B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Does anyone remember: Cardinal Puff, Flight to Berlin, Snorky Dorky or a Mau Mau ?

Remember Cardinal Puff?

Ahem.
Hoop
Cardinal
Cardinal Supreme
Bishop
Left-handed Cardinal
Left-handed Cardinal Supreme
WC Fields Cardinal
Mute Cardinal
Kamikaze Cardinal

Millions of brain cells destroyed.

Ahem.
Hoop
Cardinal
Cardinal Supreme
Bishop
Left-handed Cardinal
Left-handed Cardinal Supreme
WC Fields Cardinal
Mute Cardinal
Kamikaze Cardinal

Millions of brain cells destroyed.

Don't ever try to get your "Cardinal Rating" from Hoop. He almost killed me a few times back in the day.

It was all his fault. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!!:S

Jack and Jim
Did you forget Iron -clad Cardinal with the sewer pipe, with a handle and bottom welded on.
I wrote yesterday but the confuser froze up I was told then ate all I wrote. Does anybody remember Captain Crunch. Turtle and fifth degree Turtle.
I am glad someone mentioned our local Canadian favorite "Dead Ants". I agree with the pain part.
At the Silver Eagle DZ at Croswell MI there was the game of "Shoe" involving a quarter tossed into a circle of jumpers{drinking involved of course} kneeling on the floor with the biggest shoe or boot in one hand ,then trying to pick up the quarter."OweeeOweee Oweee. Hard to pack in the morning.
Long before" Hell Fish" at Tecumseh had Cap-3 the bar in Clinton Mi had drunken pyramids tearing out the suspended ceilings. Mike Johnston now at Deland would do his flame thrower act .He actually started Pete Myks, of the Para-Hawks hair on fire . Pete calmly poured some of his beer on his own head as though nothing happened.
No body mentioned "Streaking " towards traffic one mile on a Sunday morning on an official Interstate. It required wearing "Frenchie jump boots" only to qualify
Once again Hims Hers and Thems usually done at the worst possible times.
A beloved Don "Bergie" Berg of the St Thomas Sport Para-chute Club Ontario did the infamous "Zulu Warrior dance at our wedding in 1976 .Stil funny to watch him pass out on video.
l

Don't ever try to get your "Cardinal Rating" from Hoop. He almost killed me a few times back in the day.

Jack, was it the shotgun or the red-hot poker that kept you trying? You had no choice, did you? Hang it!

Larry, I heard of Iron-Clad Cardinal, but never saw it done. Lyle Cameron gave me my first Cardinal demo. Much later, Cal Callahan was the Head Muthah In Charge when I eventually passed (out). Call it an era roughly equivalent to the days of the square-riggers: "Iron men and wooden ships." Many a Saturday and Sunday morning I had no business jumping out of a perfectly good airplane - well, at least an airplane that was in better shape than I was. Which is saying something.
Hoop
PS And don't forget Wax Cardinal!

Jack, was it the shotgun or the red-hot poker that kept you trying? You had no choice, did you? Hang it!

Forgive me your Holiness. I meant no blasphemy. I was merely implying that you are a demanding Pope and taskmaster.

Thank you Sir, may I have another!

:):S

I was lucky; being female, I don't think the bar was set as high for me to become cardinal. But I can say I got it on Guiness :)

Wendy W.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I actually got it in England, in 1977, from a Canadian who wasn't a jumper (or at least he said he was). I don't remember you giving any, but Mark Conrad I saw...

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Hi shot 1/2,
"Cardinal PUFF!!!!" Got the issue ol LC's SkyDiver mag with the article about the Cardinal games and they start off with "IronClad" at the old "Rumbleseat" bar in Hermosa Bch. There's a photo of the Iron Clad Mug on the bar and a young kid holding it!! Yup those were the daze! No one has mentioned "BAT CARDINAL" yet, another side game?? Waz at Dicky and Marilyn's Rumbleseat bar at Elsinore and asked Gary Douris for a Demo. Got one and went for it. Got all the words and motions right "BUT" he called me because I wasn't boisterous enough and didn't "slosh any beer!!" Did make Cardinal Puff and Kamakazi Cardinal still got the cards in my archives.

Somebody has to have that "Iron Clad MUG!!!" Who has it, who remembers the last time they saw it and where? It started at Frank Carpenter's Rumnleseat and where did it go from there?
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

I also remember you could get a "Pope" in cardinal puff ratings . I remember stating I would not get married until the Pope turned Jewish. We had a Jewish DZO at Gregory MI. in 1976 named Steve Finklestein AKA Steve Fellows. He made Pope at my wedding under Bob "Mutha " Mittig. Iguess a Jew making Pope is almost the same.
We started doing "Flip-Cup " at Midwest Freefall if that counts