SEREJumper

1967 Para-Commander

Number three is a carousel I was given one when the owner got married. The canopy lasted longer than the marriage.
I also had the yellow and black checker board, the best landing PC I ever had, didnt know it had a name though.
I got one of the first MK-1 on the market after the MK-2 was off the market in 1968. the "Red
Baron"
I still have an origional 1964 Golden Knights MK-1
All totaled I made iver 1500 PC jumps 150 Rags and 120 Delta11,s

The label definitely says Competition. I'll have a look at the holes and make a picture of the label when I've a chance.

This canopy has shorter lines and is much more aggressive. The radius on a turn is much smaller. Therefore you should not land in a turn. Straight in landings are no problem and probably the same as with a Mk1.

I've many Pioneer PC's like Mk1, Mk2, Mk3, Comp, 23 + 27 ft Russian (American Made).

The all-black PC with multi-colored keyhole was the "Church Window" - I had two of them and it was the prettiest PC pattern EVER!

Pic attached of a Church Window...number 2 in Howard's list

Hey that's one of my pics :P

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Number 3 in the "Black Widow"...my first canopy that I bought used in 1971. I paid $350 for it and a used Pioneer three pin harness & container (canvas).
"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition"...Rudyard Kipling

Hi Beatnik ( Jim ),

Back in ~'68 I wrote an article that appeared in a local publication called Chuting The Breeze ( that's the name of the publication ). The article was titled Modifications to the 26 Ft Conical.

The article was eventually reprinted in SKYDIVER magazine, I think in '68. If you come across the article, I would like a copy. It was printed near the 2nd half of the magazine and contained no drawings, as the original article did.

It was also reprinted in the Australian federation's magazine but I have not been able to locate it there.

Thanks,

JerryBaumchen

However, if I do remember correctly the Comp PC had a much larger rear window & the turning slots were longer than a Mk I.

Here's a colour and slots scheme for a Competition PC showing indeed that the rear window is much bigger than a Mk1. Gary Lewis's PC Handbook shows all the different slots for each PC model too.

Anyone recall the name of the colour scheme of this one?