RogerRamjet

SCR Database Updated

Hi everyone, the SCR database has been updated with SCR's 7514 to 8000. Bill is working hard on filling the remaining gaps in the SCR and SCS tables. Each time he gets another 500 or so entries completed, he sends them to me and I insert them into the database. 8001 to 8500 should be done by the end of this weekend with more to come.

The url is: http://www.scr-awards.com/index.html

Enjoy! And... if you don't have any of these awards, get out and get one (or all)!

-----------------------
Roger "Ramjet" Clark
FB# 271, SCR 3245, SCS 1519

I hold SCR-11833 and SCS-7220. Neither one of them show on the database :(
I cant for the life of me find my NSCR.
Oh well.

From the top of the database page:

The SCR's are entered from 1 to 8000 - gap - and 14300 to current at 14780. The SCS's are entered from 1 to 2001 - gap - and 7900 to current at 8243.

You are in the gaps for both SCR and SCS. Not sure about the NSCR, what is your real name?

Bill is now working pretty hard at filling the remaining gaps. I just added a good chunk and he has around 500 more about ready. He had a couple of volunteers for a while, but is now on his own as far as I can tell.

-----------------------
Roger "Ramjet" Clark

Thanks for your efforts Roger.

Sparky

Your welcome. The real efforts are Bill's of course, still holding this stuff together after all these years. I just do the database stuff for him to give back a little. I still remember getting my SCR and SCS and was thrilled both times!

-----------------------
Roger "Ramjet" Clark

The SCR's are entered from 1 to 8000 - gap - and 14300 to current at 14780. The SCS's are entered from 1 to 2001 - gap - and 7900 to current at 8243.

You are in the gaps for both SCR and SCS. Not sure about the NSCR, what is your real name?

Well duh ! bozo aka Jim Bozarth

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

Well duh ! bozo aka Jim Bozarth

Boy that sounds familiar, have we jumped with one another? You ever get down to Z-Hills in the 70's or Hinkley?

Where did you get your NCSR (city)?

-----------------------
Roger "Ramjet" Clark

Boy that sounds familiar, have we jumped with one another? You ever get down to Z-Hills in the 70's or Hinkley?

If my memory is correct I earned it at Cal City a long time ago.

Yeah ive been to Zhills and Hinckley

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

If my memory is correct I earned it at Cal City a long time ago.

Yeah ive been to Zhills and Hinckley

A quick look in the database does not find you. I would contact Bill (go to the site and click on Contact. His email link is on that page. He's pretty good at finding the awards if he has something to go on...

If he comes up with it, I can insert the record pretty quickly.

-----------------------
Roger "Ramjet" Clark

Hi Roger,

First, Thank You, and to Bill, for all of the work on this effort. It is amazing to me that Bill is still going on this after all of these years.

Re: I still remember getting my SCR and SCS and was thrilled both times!

Me too; there was a time when they were considered real accomplishments.

JerryBaumchen

I've got SCR-13693 and SCS-7817. Both seem to be in the "gap" in the database. :(

SCR-14170 and SCS-8010 - 500th jump, Quincy, WFFC '97, 13 way with the Alabama Gang out of Mullins King Air with a fly-by on the way down by good ol' Mike. Still one of my favorite jumps of all time.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

The Star Crest Awards provide not only a platform for personal accomplishment, but also a gauge to measure the advancement of sport skydiving. Bill offered us a most unifying factor, complete with beer showers, something USPA could never seem to equal. My thanks to Bill and Roger…

Hi Roger,

A little story about my SCS award. I 'qualified' for it by coming into a 16-way formation of some type, either 15th or 16th, pretty close between another guy and myself as to who got to our outer slots last.

So I send in all of the paperwork and get a letter back that I had not qualified for the SCS because it was not a round formation.

Since I was much younger then I immediately fired back a very hot letter about how in the h*&$ anyone could consider a specific formation position to be less work than just anywhere on an 8-way round.

I then got a letter back from Bill, with my award, and informing me that he had been out of town and the first letter was written by his 13-yr old daughter.

I felt about 1 inch tall when I read his letter.

OBTW, I've learned to calm down a little over the years, :S

JerryBaumchen

Hi Roger,

A little story about my SCS award. I 'qualified' for it by coming into a 16-way formation of some type, either 15th or 16th, pretty close between another guy and myself as to who got to our outer slots last.

So I send in all of the paperwork and get a letter back that I had not qualified for the SCS because it was not a round formation.

Since I was much younger then I immediately fired back a very hot letter about how in the h*&$ anyone could consider a specific formation position to be less work than just anywhere on an 8-way round.

I then got a letter back from Bill, with my award, and informing me that he had been out of town and the first letter was written by his 13-yr old daughter.

I felt about 1 inch tall when I read his letter.

OBTW, I've learned to calm down a little over the years, :S

JerryBaumchen

Jerry, I have to confess that as I was reading your story, I was thinking to myself "I think it has to be a round star dude..."

But the awards page describes it as "formation" only, so your in ;)

I can't say I remember my SCR dive that well, but I remember my SCS dive like it was yesterday. I was on vacation and just visiting a small DZ in Woodbine Maryland. I had my SCR, had been in several 16 and 20 man stars, but didn't have an SCS (not sure if I was ever later than 7th in those). Well, when they saw my XX patch on my poptop, they asked me to organize their 2 plane attempt at their first ever 8 man over Woodbine. I agreed to go on the dive and review the plan, but didn't want to organize the thing. The plan looked good anyway and I went 8th (4th from the 206 with the first 4 in a 182). We completed the star at about 7500 feet and had a great scream fest down to break-off. No in-air photographers, but several shots taken from the ground, one of which wound up on the wall of the local bar/skydiver hangout. Never had so much fun!

-----------------------
Roger "Ramjet" Clark

OTOH, I heard it exactly the opposite -- that the SCR had to be a round, but the SCS could be some other formation.

My SCR and SCS are both still in the holes, but, well, they do exist :P. Once they're there, I'll remember what my SCS number is.

Wendy W.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

OTOH, I heard it exactly the opposite -- that the SCR had to be a round, but the SCS could be some other formation.

My SCR and SCS are both still in the holes, but, well, they do exist :P. Once they're there, I'll remember what my SCS number is.

Wendy W.

howdy Wendy,

I thought (at one time maybe) all the awards required round stars. I've also got WSCR and BASCR, those awards would make a cool acquisition for Bill...

There I was ....flying in ninth to: Darrell Hankle,Stan Hamilton,Tom Sima,Charlie Hardeman,Kevin McCarron, Vernon Melancon,Greg King,Greg Smith....Hankle pulls out of the middle ....SCS....Most exciting dive ever......we drank four cases of hot beer!!!! It was 3934...not on the list ...yet....It was 26 Dec 76....cold as a motor scooter....

There I was ....flying in ninth to: Darrell Hankle,Stan Hamilton,Tom Sima,Charlie Hardeman,Kevin McCarron, Vernon Melancon,Greg King,Greg Smith....Hankle pulls out of the middle ....SCS....Most exciting dive ever......we drank four cases of hot beer!!!! It was 3934...not on the list ...yet....It was 26 Dec 76....cold as a motor scooter....

Bill is nearly finished with the SCR spreadsheets and I will be loading those to the database sometime this week. He will then work on the missing SCS numbers, so you will be out there soon :)

-----------------------
Roger "Ramjet" Clark