RogerRamjet

SCR Database Updated

Ok everyone, another update. After moving the site to a new home and running into problems that seemed to have no solution, the site has been moved back to it's original home. The new URL however, will stay: http://www.starcrestawards.com

I have just loaded the last of the data updates tonight and all data in all tables is now current. If you have an award, you should be able to locate it in the database.

Bill has found a web guru type to re-design the site and that will be getting underway shortly. I believe the bulk loads are over now, but I will support Bill and the awards site in any way he needs going forward.

Glad to see the site is back up! Wish I could search by dates so I could see how many SCR's were completed during July in the last 8 years.;)

Hi Jerry,

Well, the date field is not a "date field" as far as the database is concerned, but rather a text field which means it's not searchable as a date. That's one of the things I'd like to see changed down the road.

Anyway, at least the site is back up and the data is up to date :)

-----------------------
Roger "Ramjet" Clark
FB# 271, SCR 3245, SCS 1519

What a great web site! Thanks to you and Bill for keeping the tradition alive and giving us old timers a chance to recall good times. The section on hoop dives reminded me of the one time I made one. What a blast.

When will the merchandise page have an order form?
1st jump August 6, 1977.
Last jump July 8, 2006.

What a great web site! Thanks to you and Bill for keeping the tradition alive and giving us old timers a chance to recall good times. The section on hoop dives reminded me of the one time I made one. What a blast.

I will pass your question to Bill and post back here.

-----------------------
Roger "Ramjet" Clark

A BIG thanks to you Roger and to Bill too. Thanks to you an important part of skydiving history will be preserved.

Mark
2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Roger

Can I go thru you to get a correction in the SCSA DB ?

SCSA 69 is listed as BRANCH CRUSTY MIKE
and it should be MACLEAN PHIL (CRUSTY)

apparently Mike Branch's aka way back then was similiar to mine (Iwon't list it in case he cares about that) and my handwriting always sucked so someone must have done some interpretation

Actually, Mike Lewis (65) signed in my slot on the form so I signed in his. When the numbers came back he wanted that number back, but, ya snooze ya lose, please DO NOT reverse those numbers.. hahaha

Still have my SCR form that I never sent in, it was a 16 way round with 15 in (Jerry Cash had reserve pop, 4th in line right at exit call and got thrown into the back corner by number 5, so he never made it).
Bill Ozupchuk (wrong spelling, organized it) .. had Peanuts Wacaser as a ground witness.. I couldn't part with the form ..

I don't know if you remember but I bought the last one of your rigs that Si Fraser had in stock, and then made you show me how to pack the reserve twice, so I could do it myself (had Canuckian rigger rating, but only ever packed own reserve)

I LOVED that rig, most comfortable thing I ever wore,
if you have any left from back then that are airworthy, let me know.. I need something to put a 26' LOPO in for a main (assuming I can find a 26' LOPO).

BSBD
Crusty

Roger

Can I go thru you to get a correction in the SCSA DB ?

SCSA 69 is listed as BRANCH CRUSTY MIKE
and it should be MACLEAN PHIL (CRUSTY)

apparently Mike Branch's aka way back then was similiar to mine (Iwon't list it in case he cares about that) and my handwriting always sucked so someone must have done some interpretation

Actually, Mike Lewis (65) signed in my slot on the form so I signed in his. When the numbers came back he wanted that number back, but, ya snooze ya lose, please DO NOT reverse those numbers.. hahaha

Still have my SCR form that I never sent in, it was a 16 way round with 15 in (Jerry Cash had reserve pop, 4th in line right at exit call and got thrown into the back corner by number 5, so he never made it).
Bill Ozupchuk (wrong spelling, organized it) .. had Peanuts Wacaser as a ground witness.. I couldn't part with the form ..

I don't know if you remember but I bought the last one of your rigs that Si Fraser had in stock, and then made you show me how to pack the reserve twice, so I could do it myself (had Canuckian rigger rating, but only ever packed own reserve)

I LOVED that rig, most comfortable thing I ever wore,
if you have any left from back then that are airworthy, let me know.. I need something to put a 26' LOPO in for a main (assuming I can find a 26' LOPO).

BSBD
Crusty

Holy crap!!! I love this site... Phil, I do remember going over the reserve packing with you. Alas, Si is no longer with us, but he sure promoted our rigs at Z-Hills. My brother Ted has also left this world; interestingly both of them for similar reasons. I have not had any skydiving gear in my posession for more than 25 years, so no idea where anything I built wound up.

I sent the update you asked for to Bill so he can update his spreadsheets and such and I updated the live site.

Here is how small the world is: I just got back in touch with Mike Branch (and you're right, he wouldn't want his nickname in print anywhere or mentioned around his kids)! Through him, I will be hearing from Steve Fugleburg who Mike talked with just tonight. Hooper posts here also if you haven't seen.

-----------------------
Roger "Ramjet" Clark

As promised, Bill's answer:

There will be when we remake our merchandise page. It's really outdated now. Most of the stuff we sell is on our PDF downloadable SCR forms, just no pictures. That will have to do until I can get some new pictures made for the merchandise page.

Hope that helps. Bill has found a new webmaster who just got access to the site today. He will be re-vamping the site for look and feel and also for content such as the merchandise page you spoke of. I will continue to support the database side of things until they don't need me anymore...

-----------------------
Roger "Ramjet" Clark

Roger, great job on the DB. I was glad to get SCSA #69 straightend out at least in my head. I've been going nuts trying to remember making that jump in Z-Hills... Steve should contact you soon.. and yes lets keep the "Crispy" to ourselves
Mike Branch
NSCSA #7

Roger, great job on the DB. I was glad to get SCSA #69 straightend out at least in my head. I've been going nuts trying to remember making that jump in Z-Hills... Steve should contact you soon.. and yes lets keep the "Crispy" to ourselves

Mike, welcome to the forums! I can't believe we all tiptoed around your nickname and you just spew it out like that, but I like it!

One thing on the SCSA awards, I got the field order wrong (table doesn't match the headings). I'll be fixing that before the weekend is out.

I also noticed that you got your SCR on the same jump my Brother Ted got his :)
Still planning on Deland on the 30th. I'll let you know if I change my mind.

-----------------------
Roger "Ramjet" Clark

Well this time I'll try and actually type something. The nickname doesn't bother me. I earned it fair and square. Just as long as my kids and grand kids don't come asking!! I remember jumping a lot with your brother back in the day when we were all learning from the skygods!!
Mike Branch
NSCSA #7

Well this time I'll try and actually type something. The nickname doesn't bother me. I earned it fair and square. Just as long as my kids and grand kids don't come asking!! I remember jumping a lot with your brother back in the day when we were all learning from the skygods!!

It was hard on me watching Ted jump for 6 months before I could. My parents said "not a chance in hell that we sign that waiver." So Ted got his SCR before I even made my first jump. But, I began my rigging training (thanks to Jeff Searles) and was packing T-10s before I made my first jump. Then the Florida Gov. screwed my parents by lowering the legal age from 21 to 18 on July 1st, 1973. I made my first jump that day. I had a lot of catching up to do, that's for sure.

The "sky gods" of those days really were as far as I'm concerned. I was on loads with and learning from people like Jim Hooper, Dan Steiger, Tony Patterson, Don Fournier, and many others before I had 100 jumps. What an advantage to have started at Z-Hills!

-----------------------
Roger "Ramjet" Clark

....... I can't believe we all tiptoed around your nickname and you just spew it out like that, but I like it!

Roger,
I never forgot a "board now" announcement from manifest that went..
"Crispy, Crusty, Christy and Feisty... to 140 Tango now"

I'm sure I must have made some other jumps with Mike, but that one stuck in my head..

Roger,

I have located my certificates for the SCR and the SCS.

I have scanned the old certificates and e-mailed both you and Bill a pdf copy.

Please acknowledge receipt and let me know when these get entered into the database. I appreciate you doing this for us.

Cheers,

Mike

P.S. Wow! That was quick. They are now in the database. These were in the missing group. Thanks!

Roger,

I have located my certificates for the SCR and the SCS.

I have scanned the old certificates and e-mailed both you and Bill a pdf copy.

Please acknowledge receipt and let me know when these get entered into the database. I appreciate you doing this for us.

Cheers,

Mike

P.S. Wow! That was quick. They are now in the database. These were in the missing group. Thanks!

Bill jumped right on it; glad you still had the certs though he's pretty good at finding the stuff if he know approximately and your name.

-----------------------
Roger "Ramjet" Clark