47 47
quade

DB Cooper

Cooper may or may not have survived the jump. Clearly if he didn't none of the names that have been put forward were Cooper

Sorry Orange but isn't one of Vickies possible clues that her father was not seen or heard of since 71. This means he MIGHT still be a possible suspect?

and that being the case, is why the FBI won't compare his prints.
Vickie is respectful and docile enough they don't have to worry bout her yelling or causing a public relations problem, so they don't need to officially address the possibility of her father being the norjack hijacker. in fact He supports their official dictated explanation better if they never do compare his prints.
and thats all thats needed.
plausible deniability.
remember the primary function of Larry Carr is to prevent bank robberies not spend tax dollars proving someone got away with it, which could influence copycats, as was the case with McCoy.
much of the public doesn't realize, it's completely legal and standard for police to lie, and by doing so if they were to accidentally or purposely break a law, they could not be held accountable for it anyway, as long as they were "on the clock".
lying for police is only unacceptable when in a courtroom under oath.

Jamie Cooper wrote:

remember the primary function of Larry Carr is to prevent bank robberies

Well maybe by getting the evidence to convict accused bank robbers he is preventing future ones by jailing a few, but I thought his main job was catching the robbers after they committed the crime.

You can prevent forest fires, but preventing bank robberies is a lot harder. You'd need to cure drug addiction, greed, sociopathy, and stupidity to begin with. Robbing a bank is beyond stupid. HUGE federal penalties if you are convicted and the take is usually well under $10,000. The only good part is that federal prisons are a lot more civilized than most state hell holes.

Not sure what Ckret is doing in DC, probably something higher up on the food chain than bank robberies.

I don't for a minute think he is complcit in any cover up or conspiracy. He is as much of a DBC fanatic as anyone here and wants to solve the case not hide the true culprits.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

it's not so much a conspiracy as it's doing his job.
at this point it's most likely whoever DB Cooper was He's dead.
the only money found was at Tena Bar, which suggests that He might not have been able to spend any of it, therefore failed.
the official story is that He died.
all of which is a great deterrent to any would-be copycats.
there's no good argument for them to ignore Vickies most reasonable request to just compare the prints after all.
if He was the jumper it would be in their best interest to finally have an identification.
but if they compared and couldn't find any matches with him. then the speculation begins all over.
I'm not suggesting a cover-up, I'm suggesting the opposite.
deliberately ignoring her requests for fear of what they might find. same reason no one is gonna look for that briefcase in the attic.

I'm not suggesting a cover-up, I'm suggesting the opposite.
deliberately ignoring her requests for fear of what they might find. same reason no one is gonna look for that briefcase in the attic.

Jamie:
That is just NOT how it works. It is not as simple as running a set of prints....remember they do NOT believe they actually have Cooper's prints. The prints they extracted - where laten particial prints and they did NOT know if any of the prints belonged to Cooper. Even though it has never been made public - Cooper probably wore glove.

I have only heard ONE report from a witness who claimed Cooper wore glove, but did not trust the source...and you can bet if they had good prints - checking prints is a fast and easy to do....obviously they do NOT have good prints or they would NEVER have gone to the expense of trying to extract DNA from a tie and clasp ( NO verification the tie actually belonged to Cooper or was worn by Cooper).

If they check the DNA with that of Robert Kennedy - wonder what the would get? Just thought I would throw that monkey wrench in the box since we are mixing it all up.

:)Why do I do this? It comes down to a story told by Duane's family of the days. After being released from Jefferson, Duane managed to get in to a room supposedly occupied by Robt. Kenney prior to his announcement to run for President. Members of the family fondly remembered this about Duane - his claiming to have Kennedy's tie...and this family told the story even after Duane had broken all ties with that family and moved on.

I was told the tie story by 4 members of the family, but the FBI refused to look into it. It was not until I was told this by a 4th member of this family that I believed it.......and by then the FBI was having nothing of me (this was only 3 yrs ago).

Yet, the building in Jefferson was clearly described to me (a tall glass tower) and the time the tie was taken was during the first month after Duane Weber was released from Jefferson. I have even contended that maybe it was NOT Kennedy's tie and perhaps belonged to one of his security team. Kennedy had just come off of his KY tour prior to announcing he was going to run for president.

There is NO one who will verifiy Duane's employment upon release from Jefferson...the FBI won't do it. I have the 1969 return, but not the 1968 return.

I had assumed he just thought he had Kennedy's tie because it was a clip-on and one typically worn by security. Often Security occupied the room assigned to a high profile person as a security measure in the sixties.

Upon further research - I did discover that Robt. Kennedy did on occasion wear clip-ons while campaigning. Since air-conditioned auditoriums where far and between in 1968 - and Kennedy chose to get close to the people when he campaigned. Many of his speeches were made from the back of a decorated wagon on the street. The people would grab at him pulling his cuff links off and pulling at his tie and often he wore clip-ons as a security measure.

The tie may not even have Cooper's DNA. Maybe it was in the paper bag...then you have to try to figure that one out. Since DNA was not known in 1971 as a means to establish identity - that was not the reason. It was just a cheap J.C. Penny Clip-on Tie per the FBI so what was so special about the tie and was it the tie that Cooper was actually wearing? Or was it just a tie left on the plane by a passenger on a prior leg of that flight?

So Jamie, as you can see - there are few certainties in this case that the public has been made aware of. Why did the FBI and FAA drop the ball on this one? Until Cooper is unveiled the facts of this case may never be known.....

The fact that it is the only unsolved skyjacking makes it a very expensive and time consuming effort for the FBI and why certain measures are sure to be taken by the FBI to remove itself from this case on a permanent basis...and it has been strongly suggested to me that this is the case. After so many yrs the FBI will no longer be financially responsible nor obligated to answer any questions about old cases...in otherwords if you are waiting for the FBI to respond - it will NOT happen.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

not real comforting that the jump gear given for norjack wasn't realistically operational, especially considering the FBI didn't know if he was going to jump with a hostage or not.

The FBI had nothing to do with the "choice" of
the chutes, or the source. The very opposite is
the case.

You need to read the prior posts on this topic,
in this thread.

same reason no one is gonna look for that briefcase in the attic.

You could walk up to their door tomorrow and
explain and say, "can I look in your attic". You
could have done that yesterday or the day before
stretching back how many years?

Omission in the face of knowledge requires
explanation, just like action in the face of
knowledge. We aren't stumps and rocks.

not real comforting that the jump gear given for norjack wasn't realistically operational, especially considering the FBI didn't know if he was going to jump with a hostage or not.

The FBI had nothing to do with the "choice" of the chutes, or the source. The very opposite is the case.
You need to read the prior posts on this topic, in this thread.

He may have been confused by one of the individuals that believes the entire operation was a government conspiracy, in which case, virtually anything would be possible, yet none of which is in evidence.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

The FBI had nothing to do with the "choice" of the chutes, or the source. The very opposite is the case.

He may have been confused by one of the individuals that believes the entire operation was a government conspiracy, in which case, virtually anything would be possible, yet none of which is in evidence.

:)

You could walk up to their door tomorrow and explain and say, "can I look in your attic". You could have done that yesterday or the day before stretching back how many years?

But as long as he doesn't, he still has a story to tell. His unwillingness to simply do it himself indicates he's not as much interested in "the truth" as he is telling the tale.

He says he's not asking anybody to do anything, but he leaves proof up to the reader and requires somebody else to confirm or debunk his story when in fact it's as easy as walking up to a door and knocking on it.
quade -

You could walk up to their door tomorrow and explain and say, "can I look in your attic". You could have done that yesterday or the day before stretching back how many years?

But as long as he doesn't, he still has a story to tell. His unwillingness to simply do it himself indicates he's not as much interested in "the truth" as he is telling the tale.

He says he's not asking anybody to do anything, but he leaves proof up to the reader and requires somebody else to confirm or debunk his story when in fact it's as easy as walking up to a door and knocking on it.

Things involving
missing or problem family members often gets
complicated (emotionally) - so there may be
extenuating circumstances, in Jamie's mind.
Approach - avoidance.

Nobody can act for Jamie ...

Its a little hard for me to believe the current
owners of the house havent been in their own
attic to discover what is there or not ?

I can tell you one thing; if I ever hijacked an airplane and got away with $200,000 I certainly wouldn't stash it in my own attic. Bank of America has some perfectly fine safety deposit boxes and I wouldn't have to worry about anybody accidentally finding it or what would happen in a natural disaster.
quade -

well I'm not a cat burglar.
where do you get this idea that I haven't tried to get into that attic?
was the posts where I mentioned that I have asked every owner since the original one died?

why must D B Cooper fit the stereotype of your choosing?
was hijacking airplanes and jumping out, so common in those days? that we should just assume we know every detail of what he did in the plane and after the jump without any evidence or witnesses?
you have a functional magic crystal ball or something?
it's stacked up like a deck of cards here for sure, which is after all the motive for Norjack in the first place.
I shouldn't expect you to understand or grasp it.
now I'll wait for your usual paraphrasing and warping off my post to massage your ego.

I can tell you one thing; if I ever hijacked an airplane and got away with $200,000 I certainly wouldn't stash it in my own attic. Bank of America has some perfectly fine safety deposit boxes and I wouldn't have to worry about anybody accidentally finding it or what would happen in a natural disaster.

again while power tripping and abusing banning rights to enable you to take cheap shots at whomever is your whipping boy o the day are obvious traits of yours, literacy and reading comprehension skills are not your forte.
he spent the money on construction equipment and buying in as a silent partner in a cement readymix company.
I never said he stashed the money away in an attic.
that the voices in your head compelling you to distort the truth again.

:DNahhh! Just because Knoss thinks there is a conspiracy - hardly.

:DI will have to agree - when I learn new things that stray dog I named Conspiracy shows up on my door. I chase him away and try to forget the little monster like a bad dream.

:(Weeks later I hear scratching at my front door and there is Conspiracy staring up at me wimpering with those sad old eyes "Please, let me in again".

;)I get soft in the head and let him in out of the cold, clean him up and feed him. About the time I get comfortable with him he starts making a nuisance out of himself again.

;)I hope he stays for awhile!:D:Dbut, I miss the little buddy - he is interesting.[:/]:(

And, ladies and gentlemen, we've now seen the last of JamieCooper.

Goodbye sir. I wish you well.

Permaban? Come on Quade. Give him 30 days like you've done with others. He really doesn't deserve a life sentence. The guy gets emotional because his story involves family. Please reconsider.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

quade says in part:

'I can tell you one thing; if I ever hijacked an airplane and got away with $200,000 I certainly wouldn't stash it in my own attic. Bank of America has some perfectly fine safety deposit boxes and I wouldn't have to worry about anybody accidentally finding it or what would happen in a natural disaster...'

Seems to make sense, sure. But here are a few reasons why you might want to keep the ransom money close to home, rather than in a safety-deposit box:

1) You have access to the money 24/7.

2) The IRS can get a warrant to search your box a lot easier than to search your house, should someone from that organization start questioning your purchases vs your income. Back in '71 the IRS had a lot more power than they do now.

3) If you felt you had become a suspect, or were questioned by the FBI, you might have to grab that money in a hurry and leave town.

4) Your bank accounts and safety deposit boxes can be frozen by the government, even if the box is not (at least initially) searched.

5) A K.C. angle: Sumner in 1971 was a very small town. Repeated trips in and out of your box could draw unwanted attention, especially with tellers already seeing the sketch and looking at their bills for ransom numbers. The banks in town back then were kind of like this: You'd walk in, and they'd say hello to you by name. Everyone knew everybody. I grew up in that town, I know.

6) A natural disaster could affect the bank in your town, as well as the home. If something happened to the bank, you would have a tough time walking in to make an insurance claim. Also, the bills might have turned up once the clean-up process began after a flood, earthquake, fire, etc. Maybe they trace them to you.

7) If you get caught with the money in the box, you have no explanation. If they find it in your attic, you might be able to claim you didn't know it was there.

8) If you decide it's too hot, and you have to get rid of the money in a hurry....(self-explanatory)

That's all the reasons I can think of at the moment.

I've found that sometimes you have to think like a criminal, and they generally don't like banks. They want that money handy at all times. They sometimes might want to just LOOK at the money. Think about it. Every time the hijacker looked at the money, (assuming he lived to spend it), he would get a rush. He's the most wanted man in America, at least for a while. He's all over the papers constantly and the television. He isn't going to risk that 22 pounds of cash by sticking it in some bank.

Carolyn Tyner and Dan Rattenbury, two people who have never met, did not live in Bonney Lake at the same time, and have no reason I can discern to lie, have told the same, exact story:

About two thousand in twenty-dollar bills was found out back of Christiansen's old house in 1995 by a young boy. The money was in a plastic bag. Tyner is absolutely sure on this, and went on the record. Her husband is a cop and they live in Colorado. She and her former husband, Robin Powell, inherited the house from KC. KC left the adjoining lot out back to 'Mac,' the guy heavily mentioned in Geoff Gray's New York Magazine article.

Tyner says that Mac sold the lot almost after he got it, and then left town. Before he did, he sold off the logs and the logging guys bulldozed the stumps into a pile. It was about a year after this that the money was found. Kids were building forts up there.

Carolyn and Robin did not make a claim on the money because they heard about it a couple of weeks after it was found, and it wasn't their money. Carolyn says (and I believe her) that she did not know one way or another if KC was the hijacker. But after I sent her a group of pictures and a copy of the manuscript to examine, she said it made sense.

Her former husband Robin was not a nice guy. Carolyn says KC let the two of them live there while he was sick, but that KC didn't like Robin much. Robin is currently in prison, according to Carolyn, and once assaulted his own mother.

Yada...the bottom line is after grilling Rattenbury and Carolyn Tyner pretty hard and comparing their stories, I think the incident with the money happened. You have to understand, people like Bernie had already lied to me so much that I was checking facts closely and having Skipp Porteous run additional fact checks on everything I could. I didn't take anyone's word at face value anymore after the Bernie ('Mike Watson') interview.
Robt, sounds to me like almost anybody could have
buried the money there, in a vacant lot, for
many reasons. I dont know why it goes straight
to Kenny who was gone by that time. It could have
been anyone including one of the loggers ?

We had an old guy in my hometown who had
once owned a junk yard and done some logging
in addition to teaching school.
In his eighties one day he was driving through
town (pop 8,000) and a bag fell out from the
trunk of his car - his trunk bottom rotted through.
Several attempts to return the bag to the guy
had him slam his door in people's faces so at
length the bag was given to the police to return.
The police opened the bag to look for identification
and found $40,000 dollars in among socks etc...

The police contacted the guy's son who told the
police: "Dad has money buried all over the place".
Finally at the guy's house the police opened the
glove compartment of the guy's car and there
was a map of the vacant lot east of the guy's
place along 11th Street.

Several days later the son and the chief of police
went to the lot and using the map found half a
doxen buried staches of cash .... large sum total.

I think it happens more frequently than is thought.

In my example the old guy had buried his money
(all over town), even made a map, intended each'
burial to be temporary, but just never went back
to retrieve each burial because as he remarked:
"what would I do with it then!?". :)

WOW! it has taken me a long time to catch up with all the post .I'm very intrigued with a couple of theories.Donald I don't believe your Dad was cooper so you can start using your real name.The briefcase is lost to the elements. The splat theory or fir tree inema is the best bet. Remember if you jump with 25lbs tied to your side it will put you in a spin if you are not experienced with this you will not recover.Add a unfamiliar chute that has been modified. This makes the odds of success even worse. Now if you had a cripling desease as Duane had percentage of sucess is lessened . Add alchol and loss of foot gear and conditions of that night it puts survival chances at next to none. So Common sense tells me that the person I would be looking for would have splatered or in a very unconfortable chair. This person would not have been heard from or seen since 1971 . So out of all the candidates on dropzone there is only one that I would give a chance at being cooper. Damn that Cookie jar.Jerry

Quade, It would take about 40 seconds or less to fall 10,000 feet in a head first position (at 180 MPH or more), about 60 seconds in a stable spread position (at 120+ MPH), and somewhere in between if tumbling.

Robert Nicholson

Um, yes - to actually fall 10K, you are correct. But there's the minor issue of needing time to pull your ripcord and open your canopy before you hit the ground. Generally, even in the old days you want somewhere between 1-2K min for this, not an inch or two. So, I say again, 60 seconds from 10K = splat.

Vicki - somehow, somewhere along the way I missed the fact that your dad has not been seen since 1971. So apologies for the incorrect assertion in previous post!

Re the now-banned Jamie - he didn't actually say that there was the money in the attic - he said that there was "evidence" that his dad was Cooper. I'm not sure what this might have been - possibly some of the hot 20s, possibly the actual ticket (why would the real Cooper keep something so incriminating though?) or ... whatever. I'm sure if he finds the evidence it'll get to the newspapers. On Quade's point re the safety deposit boxes - according to Cook of course that was Gosset's method of keeping the cash.
Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.

Wow! I never suspected you guys were still so pervasive and devious. Never expected this extent or degree of corruption and conspiracy! Never dreamed the United States of America could come to this. Hope you didn't run the Arizona thing, too. Hell, Mexico might be nice. At least you KNOW if they are going to shoot you. You people scare the living SHIT out of me. There, now you can please ban me too, QUADE. Speak softly to ALL of them. I'm convinced they ALL carry very big, ugly sticks and drink human blood Sunday through Saturday. Even the 'ladies.' Most unreal, unbelievable spectacle I have ever witnessed. The Third Reich reincarnated and reinforced. Where's Glen Beck? GLEN! Wait for me. I wanna get on YOUR wagon, can food, save gold and insult progressives..... Beam me up, Scottie, warp speed.
(Play theme song)

Add a unfamiliar chute that has been modified. This makes the odds of success even worse. Now if you had a cripling desease as Duane had percentage of sucess is lessened .

Please refrain from making derogatory remarks about Duane Weber - His health was excellent in 1971 - if you don't believe that wait until you see the pictures of him shoveling 4 ft of snow in 1980...9 yrs later.

There are also pictures of him in 1983 digging and pouring concrete...showing 3 young guys how to do it.

Please be careful about the remarks you make that can be disproved - and this one will be disproved very shortly. About 3 more months - I gave an exclusive on this photo so I cannot publish on the thread.

His health did NOT start to fail until 1986...due to cleaning up his life.

Make NO MORE derogatory references to the health of DUANE WEBER. This had been proven NOT to be TRUE. His medical records and pictures and activities from 1971 to 1986 speak for themselves.

Polycystic renal disease is a progressive disease in stages.
Educate yourself about the disease before you speak OUT of term. PLEASE.