47 47
quade

DB Cooper

From http://collections.washingtonhistory.org/details.aspx?id=121233

And the most interesting thing to come out of that was D.B. Cooper’s tie. Now D.B. Cooper’s tie was left on the plane and the FBI never released that information. So until three, four years ago, this was completely unknown to the public.

This is inaccurate - the tie information has been public for a long time at least since the 90s and maybe before that. This just makes it seem that it is a certainty that the tie was his. Just asking - is it a certainty? Does anyone know?

ARE U SAYING THE ABOVE STATEMENT IS WHAT THEY ARE PUTTING ON A HISTORICAL SITE? THAT THE TIE INFORMATION WAS not PUBLIC UNTIL 1990's?

IF this is TRUE then SOMEONE from this THREAD needs to go to WA and teach the HISTORICAL journalist about Truth and GETTING fact correct!
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

Robert99

You have already downloaded and "published" the entire closed Cooper thread. And I imagine that you are doing, or going to do, the same thing for this present Cooper thread. And you probably have other "modifications" in mind for this thread as well. Again, you might want to talk to your lawyer about that.

Robert99

Where has Blevins published the entire closed thread? I thought
he was forced to take that down? How did it become Blevins'
property to publish?

This wasn't very long after Blevins joined this thread. He downloaded and massaged the closed thread and then had a link to where he had the massaged thread online.

My use of the word "publish" was intended to convey that he had, as I remember it, a public link that led to an entire DZ thread (even though it was closed on DZ) that he had removed from DZ and that he had posted at a non-DZ site. Perhaps he later removed it.

But my question to Blevins is the same as the one you ask above. How did it become Blevins "property" to do that to a DZ thread? And was he doing the same thing under the table with the present thread?

A few years ago, a legal dispute arose between the now late J. D. Salinger, of "Catcher in the Rye" fame, about the ownership of letters he had written to his former 18 year old mistress. His former girlfriend wanted to sell the letters to pay for her children's college education.

As I remember it, after quite a bit of litigation it was ruled that the former girlfriend owned the letters but Salinger owned the words. Also, if I remember correctly, a wealthy admirer of Salinger's bought the letters and returned them to him. Consequently, they were not publicly released and the former girlfriend got the money she needed for her children's education.

Robert99

are you saying Blevins is doing this? http://blog.kissmetrics.com/content-scrapers/

the mighty holder of Copyrights has failed again, like the story about his Beetles music being on his site. you know where he threw the old lady under the bus, even though he said this.."we applied for that back in 2005 and the arrangements on it are NYOB" WE being key word....AAAAAAAmazing B|

"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

skyjack71

From http://collections.washingtonhistory.org/details.aspx?id=121233

And the most interesting thing to come out of that was D.B. Cooper’s tie. Now D.B. Cooper’s tie was left on the plane and the FBI never released that information. So until three, four years ago, this was completely unknown to the public.

This is inaccurate - the tie information has been public for a long time at least since the 90s and maybe before that. This just makes it seem that it is a certainty that the tie was his. Just asking - is it a certainty? Does anyone know?

ARE U SAYING THE ABOVE STATEMENT IS WHAT THEY ARE PUTTING ON A HISTORICAL SITE? THAT THE TIE INFORMATION WAS not PUBLIC UNTIL 1990's?

IF this is TRUE then SOMEONE from this THREAD needs to go to WA and teach the HISTORICAL journalist about Truth and GETTING fact correct!

The quote is from the pdf file of the interview. I was not able to listen to the actual interview. All I'm saying is that if someone is going to be hailed as an expert on Cooper evidence, accuracy is a good thing. And when stating conclusions, context is important. These things speak to credibility if nothing else.

It appears from the interview that the chain of evidence concerning the tie is pretty much a certainty, therefore one would have to conclude that either the tie was labeled as his, or he was seen by witnesses with the tie / tie clip and the exact description of the one he wore matches the description of the tie left on the plane, or he was seen by witnesses with a non-descript black tie, then seen without a tie, and subsequently a non-descript tie is found on the plane.
These are all plausible scenarios that lean to the side of certainty that yes the tie belonged to Cooper. I could live with any of them.

All I'm asking is does anyone know for sure, even if only based on witness statement as above, that the tie left belonged to or was worn by Cooper? If not, then that deserves to be said before conclusions are offered.

In the scheme of things, yeah -- what is the difference whether 1991 or 2011? Maybe none...Just saying that there are way too many myths involved with this case to begin with.......
but....A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.....Winston Churchill

georger

A few years ago, a legal dispute arose between the now late J. D. Salinger, of "Catcher in the Rye" fame, about the ownership of letters he had written to his former 18 year old mistress. His former girlfriend wanted to sell the letters to pay for her children's college education.

As I remember it, after quite a bit of litigation it was ruled that the former girlfriend owned the letters but Salinger owned the words. Also, if I remember correctly, a wealthy admirer of Salinger's bought the letters and returned them to him. Consequently, they were not publicly released and the former girlfriend got the money she needed for her children's education.

:):D:ph34r::o

My, MY - does that mean that those saucy letters Max Gunther and I exchange might be worth a few dollars?:D:D

Max had no childen and his wife pre-deceased him.
[:/]:|Guess that is why he and his wife were so very close....that man love that woman and when he talked about her - you knew the sun rose with her...you could hear it in his voice.

Sorry this got me into a sentimental funk. I miss Duane - the bad, the good and all of it. Just wish he was here to fix all of this and to set the record straight. I am sorry I didn't know what he was talking about and didn't understand. So damn sorry!
No one is ever going to hear me - not ever!

All I'm asking is does anyone know for sure, even if only based on witness statement as above, that the tie left belonged to or was worn by Cooper? If not, then that deserves to be said before conclusions are offered.

In the scheme of things, yeah -- what is the difference whether 1991 or 2011? Maybe none...Just saying that there are way too many myths involved with this case to begin with.......

It was NOT known if it was the same tie, but was found between the seats, but NOT where Cooper was sitting. I have heard 4 hours or 4 days before the tie was submitted into evidence. THIS is why the 1990 bugged me...and to me should be investigated. If the tie WAS not submitted into evidence until 1990 where the hell was it - how Ti got on the tie - well where was it stored? And then to think all that money was spent to check the tie.

Who found the tie and why did it take 4 days to submit it into evidence and WHY if it was not submitted until 1990 they even CONSIDERED it as evidence or allowed a team to take it apart to test.

What the HELL is the FBI thinking or do they THINK? It seems LIKE the FBI is playing GAMES! NOW it really sound LIKE a cover-up for a group "Protect and do no Harm".
First time I ever heard of the tie not being produced until 1990.

The entire story about Cooper has become a farce - NO one will ever be able to separate the truths from the misnomers and out and out untruths.

"It was NOT known if it was the same tie, but was found between the seats, but NOT where Cooper was sitting."

Ckret states this: "In reference to the tie, we only know Cooper was described as wearing a black tie with a clasp and a black tie with a clasp was found in the seat Cooper had been sitting in."

where is documentation going against what the FBI directly said?

he follows up with this post: "The tie was found on the seat.

Can't lift prints from fabric, or should I say the vast majority of fabrics. In 1971 there really would be no reason to leave behind the tie to throw off investigators. There would have been far better choices than the tie. Having said that almost anything is possible, however, nothing I know of points in the direction that the tie was planted by Cooper."
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

skyjack71

It was NOT known if it was the same tie, but was found between the seats, but NOT where Cooper was sitting. I have heard 4 hours or 4 days before the tie was submitted into evidence. THIS is why the 1990 bugged me...and to me should be investigated. If the tie WAS not submitted into evidence until 1990 where the hell was it - how Ti got on the tie - well where was it stored? And then to think all that money was spent to check the tie.

Who found the tie and why did it take 4 days to submit it into evidence and WHY if it was not submitted until 1990 they even CONSIDERED it as evidence or allowed a team to take it apart to test.

What the HELL is the FBI thinking or do they THINK? It seems LIKE the FBI is playing GAMES! NOW it really sound LIKE a cover-up for a group "Protect and do no Harm".
First time I ever heard of the tie not being produced until 1990.

The entire story about Cooper has become a farce - NO one will ever be able to separate the truths from the misnomers and out and out untruths.

No Jo. What he said in the interview is that the public was not made aware of the tie until 3 or 4 years ago - that the FBI purposefully withheld the information. What I am saying now is this is not accurate.... The tie was made public at least in early 90s - 1991 - maybe before that but for sure then.
but....A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.....Winston Churchill

mrshutter45

Ckret states this: "In reference to the tie, we only know Cooper was described as wearing a black tie with a clasp and a black tie with a clasp was found in the seat Cooper had been sitting in."

Not as good as a polaroid but better than nothing I suppose. :)
I know that immediate descriptions put out to the public included the narrow, black tie in the description of his clothing - I'd have to check on the clasp.

I don't doubt that the tie likely belonged to Cooper. Still can't help but wonder if anyone on the plane really saw the clasp (with the suit and coat on) or did they just see the black tie, and, then when the tie on the plane turned up, assumptions moved on from there? Oh well - moving on....

smokin99

***Ckret states this: "In reference to the tie, we only know Cooper was described as wearing a black tie with a clasp and a black tie with a clasp was found in the seat Cooper had been sitting in."

Not as good as a polaroid but better than nothing I suppose. :)
I know that immediate descriptions put out to the public included the narrow, black tie in the description of his clothing - I'd have to check on the clasp.

I don't doubt that the tie likely belonged to Cooper. Still can't help but wonder if anyone on the plane really saw the clasp (with the suit and coat on) or did they just see the black tie, and, then when the tie on the plane turned up, assumptions moved on from there? Oh well - moving on....

I doubt anyone seen the clasp. this thing is extremely small. if his overcoat was buttoned/zipped, nobody would have seen it. we also have Coopers seat all over the plane. even H gives a different location. whether or not Ckret was liked or disliked doesn't skew what answers he has when dealing with the evidence. that's why I asked Jo for some documentation stating the tie was not on Coopers seat. Ckret works for the FBI. who on here can counter his evidence? you can counter his conclusions or idea's, but not what is in front of him, or what his eyes can see in the files that we can't....

"Not as good as a polaroid but better than nothing I suppose"

here is the best I can do ;):ph34r:

The wanted poster does not mention the tie clip. I can't vouch for what Tina seen in the time she was with him.

Blevins also claims the tie is the only personal item left on the plane?? what about the butts, possible prints and the cup he drank out of? unfortunately they have vanished, but back in the 70's most were probably saying "what the hell do we need this for" so, myths are born of a cover up instead of a logical factor of negligence.

mrshutter45 wrote:

Even if you ID a suspect later who worked with titanium sponge, this doesn't mean that person is Cooper. You would have to produce all the other evidence to even present a case: Alibi, motive, witnesses, money evidence. Otherwise you still don't have shit. I get a laugh out of reading some of the posts here chasing dead ends.

As I said, maybe Cooper picked up the tie from a friend, an accomplice, maybe the Goodwill. You have no chain of evidence with the tie, making it basically USELESS unless you can link a suspect to it and then find similar deposits on that suspect's clothing...and then you have to provide the other evidence linking them to the hijacking.

Jo, mrshutter45 didn't make that quote, Blevins did.....

This is Paul Geivett, I am not a skydiver, or a pilot. I will always fall short on technical questions on these matters. I solved this case on the ground, not in the sky. No descriptions or vague memories, nor discrepancy of 1-2 inches, nor any description of color of clothing, nor the seat he sat in. This case has to be solved on forensics period.

Handwriting, DNA on and under stamps or envelope flaps. There are handwriting experts by the thousands that would love to have their name on this case for the pages of history and hands of time. The tickets of all the passengers should be and should have been collected that night... the ticket agent did NOT write the Van 9 letter, nor fill out the envelope to the Oregonian/Playboy letter.... nor fill out a 1958 flight log that seems to have Kenny Christiansens name on it. Nor did he fill out everything Kenny Christiansen wrote since he was in Kindergarten.

Have any of you looked at the ticket agents job application? and possibly the 200-500 tickets he wrote out that night? Or the stack of writing Kenneth sent home from the Military... or the fact he quit writing home after the Highjacking?
DB Cooper into the Funnel of Darkness the movie starring Nicolas Cage, Jennifer Anniston and Woody Harrellson... a Jerry Bruckheimer film

Written by Paul Geivett

No disrespect intended Paul, and I'm glad you have the balls to show up here. But this sounds like another case of someone changing facts to fit their suspect. The ticket agent filling out the ticket has always been a well established fact of this case. Forgive me if I'm just a bit skeptical of changing well known facts over 40 years after the fact.
"They were saying he was never gonna make it now, now that daylight had set in. But later that night, they were shining those lights back down on that mountain again." - Todd Snider

Mr Blevins, as far as my rights that I have reserved, no where on that sheet of paper do I mention, or state Kenny Christiansens name, in fact I address no suspect and as far as the certified letter to Gregory A Fowler, FBI, PDX, I address all six suspects.

I'm only reserving my rights to the evidence including composites of photographs that are in public domain and have been altered by me. In fact, you cannot use the altered photos of Kenneth Christiansen that I have turned into the FBI.

The method, the way, and the evidence, that I presented to special agent Curtis Eng in person, or evidence that I have personally mailed to GA Fowler are mine and I own the rights to them.

As you can see I do not post nor did I put a photo of the 1958 Schematic/log out of 100% respect for you and Skip Porter.
Even though it clearly states in the front of your book that material may be used in review only. Nor do I mention where I got them from or what they were. I reserve the rights to solving this case, not simply bringing a suspect to the forefront. As of 6/12/2013 was claimed unsolved by you and the FBI. As of 6/13/2013 I Claim it to be solved by me
DB Cooper into the Funnel of Darkness the movie starring Nicolas Cage, Jennifer Anniston and Woody Harrellson... a Jerry Bruckheimer film

Written by Paul Geivett

mrshutter45

"It was NOT known if it was the same tie, but was found between the seats, but NOT where Cooper was sitting."

Can't lift prints from fabric, or should I say the vast majority of fabrics. In 1971 there really would be no reason to leave behind the tie to throw off investigators. There would have been far better choices than the tie. Having said that almost anything is possible, however, nothing I know of points in the direction that the tie was planted by Cooper."

I found my notes: The tie per a phone conversation with Mr. H was between the seats where Cooper was sitting. NOT on the seat. I have been looking things up all day....searching note from phone conversation. I knew it was Mr. H who told me this but I had to find the notes. Got Them! Been a hard day finding things and looking for one thing I would miss something else. I am loosing my mind with all of this - 18 yrs of research by phone, by mail and what other people sent me and told me. and then in 2000 I got my first computer - but didn't know how to use it. Still have problems with searches and of course I still have the old dial-up.

You would not want to know all the CRAZY conversation with JT. I read a couple of them and then thumbed thru that part and put it down. I HATE that man for the 4 plus yrs he twisted and turned everything I tried to tell him on the phone and I didn't even have a DAMN map. Now he is saying I was talking about Cames - in the notes and recently. NO I l was talking about LAKE Lacames - a lake he denied existed. Kept saying I was on the Columbia - now he is say I said the Lewis River. Give Me a BREAK!

I even drew a map on one of the letters I wrote to Mr. H and if you study that real careful you know I was NOT talking about Lewis River nor Cames. It was in 2001 when I found the lake - everyone knew what I was talking about except JT.

The driver who was the son of one of the ladies was following my lead even though his intention was to take me to the Lewis River. But he followed what I told him to do and every turn I would indicate I was dead on. When we got to the pasture area I saw the name of a road and SCREAM TURN TURN TURN. His statement when he turned was - this was the only road that would take us to a body of water until we reached the Lewis.

This place I described in detail to the crew and to JT - but NO one took me there until that last day with the help of 5 perfect strangersm who had lived most of their lives in WA.

Thank God I was finally heard and when I got home I called JT and told him to GO to HELL. He just called me a liar and story teller.

It appears from the interview that the chain of evidence concerning the tie is pretty much a certainty, therefore one would have to conclude that either the tie was labeled as his, or he was seen by witnesses with the tie / tie clip and the exact description of the one he wore matches the description of the tie left on the plane, or he was seen by witnesses with a non-descript black tie, then seen without a tie, and subsequently a non-descript tie is found on the plane.
These are all plausible scenarios that lean to the side of certainty that yes the tie belonged to Cooper. I could live with any of them.

Tom looked into the certainty of the tie being Cooper's. I think there are a few comments about that on his website.

The cocktail on that tie is rather special. That cocktail did not
just walk on to the tie, then just walk on to the plane, by
itself. Its a one in millions proposition.

mrshutter45

If the tie is Cooper's he obviously failed to understand the power
of forensics, or the rapid growth in forensic science ...

If he had a technical background why would he not understand
the clues he was leaving, or maybe he did not care, or expect
to survive, or be found ... ?

The FBI states that the money had not been there longer than 1day to one year. FBI refused to give the Ingrams their reward, thus the involvement of attorney Townsend. Three year court battle ensued to get 50% of the recovered money.

The money did not arrive by natural means. If you don't believe me, ask the owner of the Ariel Store. Brian admitted it to her as well as me.

How he did not tell Blevins this on the same day I was standing there, or maybe you weren't there? at Frenchmans Bar (not Tina's bar)

How do you think the Ingrams got out through the gate, but on private property.... unless they knew somebody. Is it not true that you gained permission. You can not simply walk out there.

From the mouth of the Washougal River, to the mouth of the Lewis River, this is the only stretch of beach that cannot be accessed by the public

Written by Paul Geivett

mrshutter45

The wanted poster does not mention the tie clip. I can't vouch for what Tina seen in the time she was with him.

Blevins also claims the tie is the only personal item left on the plane?? what about the butts, possible prints and the cup he drank out of? unfortunately they have vanished, but back in the 70's most were probably saying "what the hell do we need this for" so, myths are born of a cover up instead of a logical factor of negligence.

the matchbook ?

GreyCopGC148

How he did not tell Blevins this on the same day I was standing there, or maybe you weren't there? at Frenchmans Bar (not Tina's bar)

How do you think the Ingrams got out through the gate, but on private property.... unless they knew somebody. Is it not true that you gained permission. You can not simply walk out there.

From the mouth of the Washougal River, to the mouth of the Lewis River, this is the only stretch of beach that cannot be accessed by the public

You DO not have a clue:

1. Frenchman's Bar is East of Tena's Bar.
2. Anyone with money to put in the box they kept up front at the gate was able to use the beach.
3. The Bch is private NOW - but NOT in 1971 nor 1979 (when I was with the man who put the money on the river).

YOU are SO far out there this is ridiculous!

The more you talk the more you sound like a man who contacted me with a ridiculous story. When he couldn't use me he had to find another vehicle to get on board.

I proposed earlier to the thread you might be that same man and the more you talk to more I think you are either him or one of his supposed comrads. I was told one monitored the thread and the other was law enforcement.

This man could shift gears in mid-sentence - I say you are two peas in a pod if you are NOT the same person. He frightening and was intimidating and bolsterous in the same as manner as your postings.

He also claimed to have gone to the FBI. By the way his "story" was supporting Weber as Cooper, but he could not convince me he was not fabricating his story. The more I rebuffed him the more angry he got. Like you he also claimed to have contacted the FBI.

georger

***The wanted poster does not mention the tie clip. I can't vouch for what Tina seen in the time she was with him.

the matchbook ?

Cooper took the match book and I described it to Mr. H, but I had already thrown it out. One time I asked Duane what the fork and knife on it meant. He told me it was matches from a catering service he used to work for. Light faded blue with a green I think knife and fork on it. I have since seen photos courtesy of the thread of match books that looked just like it - other than the faded blue color. Time fades things as it has my mind.

skyjack71

You DO not have a clue:

1. Frenchman's Bar is East of Tena's Bar.
2. Anyone with money to put in the box they kept up front at the gate was able to use the beach.
3. The Bch is private NOW - but NOT in 1971 nor 1979 (when I was with the man who put the money on the river).

YOU are SO far out there this is ridiculous!

The more you talk the more you sound like a man who contacted me with a ridiculous story. When he couldn't use me he had to find another vehicle to get on board.

I proposed earlier to the thread you might be that same man and the more you talk to more I think you are either him or one of his supposed comrads. I was told one monitored the thread and the other was law enforcement.

This man could shift gears in mid-sentence - I say you are two peas in a pod if you are NOT the same person. He frightening and was intimidating and bolsterous in the same as manner as your postings.

He also claimed to have gone to the FBI. By the way his "story" was supporting Weber as Cooper, but he could not convince me he was not fabricating his story. The more I rebuffed him the more angry he got. Like you he also claimed to have contacted the FBI.

Jo, where exactly is "Frenchman's Bar" are you sure you want to butt heads with someone who lives in Vancouver? at this point I don't see the need to go into auto assault mode. let the guy tell his story.

Mr Blevins, I would never use your photo or print even if were legal out of respect for you and skip with out calling you first this is why i have put my phone number out there for you at the risk of all prank calls your book should sell more now and that's all yours you showed the world my suspect, not the other top 6... just like Mr Cook, Weber family, and McCoy family.

Sorry but I had to tell every body you were getting too close and the FBI were going to close the case your suspect would never got credit for all your hard work as well as Skip

I do not steal from you or anyone sorry I felt you would be happy for your self and every one would apologize to you and you would ride off in to the sun set LOL

BTW Curtis E agreed w/ me that the writing matches as soon as he saw it. I am willing to show you the same evidence in the same manner.

I am willing to drive and meet with you, and discuss the other evidence I have.

Written by Paul Geivett

"Otherwise, it's the same as if I tried to say that I (or a witness) saw a book of SkyChef matches in Kenny's possessions years previous to the public revelation on them, and that (*surprise*) they were tossed out.

Now, if the ID on these matches was public knowledge shortly after the hijacking, then this changes everything. Then you have to provide the matchbook Duane had, otherwise there is no evidence here. Anyone could claim the same thing, i.e. 'I saw those matches'."

KC wearing a toupee is different? (*surprise*) no pictures, no toupee. no proof other than people stating he wore a toupee. no evidence here...right? anyone could claim he wore a toupee....