47 47
quade

DB Cooper

I'll have to recruit some Icelandic girls to the forum. That'll get Snow out of his cave.

I have some Icelandic Ocean Perch in my freezer…. Would that get him out?

PS: I didn’t even know they had girls in Iceland!

Sluggo! You never heard of Bjork?!

Did you know Iceland only has a population around 300 000? There is a great article Michael Lewis (of Liar's Poker fame) wrote in Vanity Fair not too long ago, called Wall Street on the Tundra. It's fairly lengthy and he is maybe a bit more scathing than he really needs to be, but it's a great read for those who want a bit of a break from Cooper... http://www.vanityfair.com/politics/features/2009/04/iceland200904

How did we get onto Iceland btw? Something to do with fish?
Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.

Georger asked:

So the training question is: what would the real Cooper look like, how would one recognise him,
how might he surface in the course of daily events,
what would trigger your suspicion, and what would
you do about it if anything and when?

Georger,

Fair questions and I should have expanded that the concern is not that Cooper holds attribute A and B but that they are used as validation for a theory.

Let's say I believe a person is Cooper because he was trained to jump in the military.

First, there is no evidence beyond Cooper wearing a parachute to indicate any level of training or experience greater than that gained from someone at a local tavern.

Indicators that he knew little about the dark art of jumping (I know nothing) follows:

He asked for a back chute and front chute. Chutes is chutes after all.

Spilling a chute to retrieve line to lash the money to his body. Most with military training would know of a pocket in that harness which is storage for a rappel line. Cutting shroud cord is awfully dramatic.

Attaching the chest pack to a harness without D/V rings.

Attaching the chest pack without consideration to cause and effect of those missing attach points if the reserve is deployed.

Attaching the chest pack to a Navy harness which has no way to release the primary canopy which would allow for a scintilla of successful reserve deployment.

Sporting a full length raincoat knowing you would soon don a chute with a pair of straps snugged around the jewels.

If he was Navy he would not have asked for a reserve pack as they were not used. Same for the Air Force except it was possible to jettison the canopy with a pair of quick release clamps. Additionally the Air Force chutes had a four line mod capability. This leaves Army and Marine jumpers who would be last on the logic tree to accept some aircrew emergency pack and a paratroops reserve. Knowledge drives actions in a more predictable fashion, Cooper's choice of para-wear is best modeled by drawing slips of paper out of a hat with various pieces of equipment listed.

The second part, what would I use to identify (filter) a person:

Just like on Dragnet, establish opportunity. Have a pay stub that indicates he was not working that day. Sure glossed over what a Northwest (unmarried) crew member was doing on Thanksgiving eve. I can tell you what I was doing every holiday of my unmarried life - flying because I didn't have any family responsibilities. Come to think of it, the entire crew was bachelors during the holidays.

They would be the type to do things with little planning or insufficient training. You know the type, always managing to not get killed doing the most marginal of activities. Buy a motorcycle then 'teach' themselves to ride. Jump a fence into the yard of a snarling Doberman to save a few steps. Trying to run a shunt around the electric meter and so on.

Looking like the drawing is a nice supplement and being a smoker would help, where being a non smoker is anachronistic. Remember McCoy who looked like Cooper (ask Tina if it is him) but didn't smoke like a Mormon? Yet two FBI agents are convinced McCoy is real; so real he also had some whiskey to throw people off his Latter Day trail. But smoking and drinking makes one age faster and McCoy was almost 20 years younger than Cooper.

Lets pretend he took the stairway to heaven. A good suspect would have shallow or no roots or have an unusual disappearance. Not returning to that weekly motel room would hardly be noticed and clearing out an apartment after rent is due is not unheard of, but unusual. Any records of wages or taxes coming to a permanent end would be a step in the right direction also.

Paid cash for a house on a paltry $500 a month? How easy would it be to verify if the purser had a long history of savings in a federally insured bank for the last decade before making his $15,000 purchase, assume $174,000 shoe horned in the conifers? That house is not a commercial business now because it is nestled near a babbling brook. So far, the house purchase is failing to intrigue. See what I mean Vern? He also purchased some land for $1,500. All of this is what a person of that income bracket could accomplish. If he purchased a $50,000 home with cash and a new Porsche; that's man bites dog.

If the information can't survive a simple sanity check it should remain in the background noise until something verifiable amplifies that data point. He was trained by the Army - he used a Navy chute! He was an aircraft mechanic - Cooper completed no repairs! He was a Northwest employee - Cooper was a Northwest passenger! He was odd and lived with young men - ??????, He loved beaches - ??????, He would work extra for additional pay - Cooper was a thief. He would return from trips overseas with gifts - OK, I have to admit, that clearly makes him Cooper, no one would ever engage in such abhorrent behavior. That pig, a true piece of human garbage. Admittedly Christiansen appears to have led an alternative lifestyle with the men in his orbit but must have disguised it well since Cooper's note was a suspected come on by the Stewardess.

Well that's the complex formula which I have applied in this situation and found it to be equally effective in other life endeavors as well. I do have an open mind about Mr Christiansen but remain seated at the zero point for the time being.

I question whether an NWA mechanic would know for sure that a 727 was jumpable. It is NOT apparent from the flight manual I have which has all sorts of detailed systems diagrams. Even if he traced out all the interlocks and determined that you could unlatch the stairs in flight, he wouldnt know that they would descend to a jumpable position. I'd have guessed that the airloads would have pushed the stairs upwards with considerable force, but that wasnt the case.

I still think you'd have to have some Boeing or Air America data to know for sure. The pilots and FE didnt know. They had to have NWA ops contact Boeing to find out the answer.

If Cooper had zero parachuting experience and jumped from that 727 on a stormy night with exact position unknown, he had incredible courage. Just jumping from a Cessna on your first jump is VERY VERY scary and that's with training, a jumpmaster sitting next to you and knowing that the chances of a safe landing are very high.

What would really throw me for a loop is if Cooper just guessed that a 727 was jumpable and didnt know for sure. Could he have been that stupid? I doubt it. He knew about flaps, gear, speeds, etc. He was not aviation ignorant.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

How do the authors quantify their 90-95% certainty about Christiansen being Cooper? Where are the metrics? I thought that would bring Snowmman into the fray, but it takes better bait than that apparently.

I'll have to recruit some Icelandic girls to the forum. That'll get Snow out of his cave.

Now that is a great thought:

Icelandic girls would rate Christiansen at 30-35%
certainty.

Hungarian girls at 3-4% certainty.

Israeli girls 0% certainty.

American girls 70-80% certainty, for 24 hours only
or until the enxt cell phone call.

Chinese girls know he wasnt Cooper - 0%.

Japanese girls - 100% certainty he was Cooper.

Georger seems to know a lot about girls from different countries. Kinda reminds me of that Ricky Nelson song: Traveling Man.

I didn't even have a passport until I was 30. I wouldn't know an Icelandic girl if I saw one, unless she was Bjork. I do think Snowmman could spot one in a crowd.

Great article Orange. Funny how the author ties all of Iceland's economic woes back to the gambling nature of commercial fishermen.

Come on Snowmman, say something

Bruce, too if he's up to it health wise.

What about the other airplane people out there. Wouldn't you have thought the airloads would force a 727 stair upwards making exit difficult or impossible? That tells me Cooper knew about the Boeing and or Air America flights proving that the 727 was jumpable. It's not obvious or intuitive.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Georger asked:

So the training question is: what would the real Cooper look like, how would one recognise him,
how might he surface in the course of daily events,
what would trigger your suspicion, and what would
you do about it if anything and when?

Georger,

Fair questions and I should have expanded that the concern is not that Cooper holds attribute A and B but that they are used as validation for a theory.

Let's say I believe a person is Cooper because he was trained to jump in the military.

First, there is no evidence beyond Cooper wearing a parachute to indicate any level of training or experience greater than that gained from someone at a local tavern.

Indicators that he knew little about the dark art of jumping (I know nothing) follows:

He asked for a back chute and front chute. Chutes is chutes after all.

Spilling a chute to retrieve line to lash the money to his body. Most with military training would know of a pocket in that harness which is storage for a rappel line. Cutting shroud cord is awfully dramatic.

Attaching the chest pack to a harness without D/V rings.

Attaching the chest pack without consideration to cause and effect of those missing attach points if the reserve is deployed.

Attaching the chest pack to a Navy harness which has no way to release the primary canopy which would allow for a scintilla of successful reserve deployment.

Sporting a full length raincoat knowing you would soon don a chute with a pair of straps snugged around the jewels.

If he was Navy he would not have asked for a reserve pack as they were not used. Same for the Air Force except it was possible to jettison the canopy with a pair of quick release clamps. Additionally the Air Force chutes had a four line mod capability. This leaves Army and Marine jumpers who would be last on the logic tree to accept some aircrew emergency pack and a paratroops reserve. Knowledge drives actions in a more predictable fashion, Cooper's choice of para-wear is best modeled by drawing slips of paper out of a hat with various pieces of equipment listed.

The second part, what would I use to identify (filter) a person:

Just like on Dragnet, establish opportunity. Have a pay stub that indicates he was not working that day. Sure glossed over what a Northwest (unmarried) crew member was doing on Thanksgiving eve. I can tell you what I was doing every holiday of my unmarried life - flying because I didn't have any family responsibilities. Come to think of it, the entire crew was bachelors during the holidays.

They would be the type to do things with little planning or insufficient training. You know the type, always managing to not get killed doing the most marginal of activities. Buy a motorcycle then 'teach' themselves to ride. Jump a fence into the yard of a snarling Doberman to save a few steps. Trying to run a shunt around the electric meter and so on.

Looking like the drawing is a nice supplement and being a smoker would help, where being a non smoker is anachronistic. Remember McCoy who looked like Cooper (ask Tina if it is him) but didn't smoke like a Mormon? Yet two FBI agents are convinced McCoy is real; so real he also had some whiskey to throw people off his Latter Day trail. But smoking and drinking makes one age faster and McCoy was almost 20 years younger than Cooper.

Lets pretend he took the stairway to heaven. A good suspect would have shallow or no roots or have an unusual disappearance. Not returning to that weekly motel room would hardly be noticed and clearing out an apartment after rent is due is not unheard of, but unusual. Any records of wages or taxes coming to a permanent end would be a step in the right direction also.

Paid cash for a house on a paltry $500 a month? How easy would it be to verify if the purser had a long history of savings in a federally insured bank for the last decade before making his $15,000 purchase, assume $174,000 shoe horned in the conifers? That house is not a commercial business now because it is nestled near a babbling brook. So far, the house purchase is failing to intrigue. See what I mean Vern? He also purchased some land for $1,500. All of this is what a person of that income bracket could accomplish. If he purchased a $50,000 home with cash and a new Porsche; that's man bites dog.

If the information can't survive a simple sanity check it should remain in the background noise until something verifiable amplifies that data point. He was trained by the Army - he used a Navy chute! He was an aircraft mechanic - Cooper completed no repairs! He was a Northwest employee - Cooper was a Northwest passenger! He was odd and lived with young men - ??????, He loved beaches - ??????, He would work extra for additional pay - Cooper was a thief. He would return from trips overseas with gifts - OK, I have to admit, that clearly makes him Cooper, no one would ever engage in such abhorrent behavior. That pig, a true piece of human garbage. Admittedly Christiansen appears to have led an alternative lifestyle with the men in his orbit but must have disguised it well since Cooper's note was a suspected come on by the Stewardess.

Well that's the complex formula which I have applied in this situation and found it to be equally effective in other life endeavors as well. I do have an open mind about Mr Christiansen but remain seated at the zero point for the time being.

The come-on was all in Schafner's mind - her nature/
nervous nature. Christiansen/his brother had to
advertise themselves to gain attention - that's an automatic no-no.

Im all for bringing in the dozer and some diggers -
turn the cabin inside out, Vern. The pre-publication
claims are enough to get a bench warrant. Shits
and giggles all day.

I think you mean search warrant. Bench warrants are arrest warrants usually issued when defendants are no shows for court dates. Been there.

Me: "uh... Your honor, if you'd just delay issuing that bench warrant until the court recesses for the day my client may make a late appearance. He may be having car trouble"

Da Judge: "counsel you've made your request and it is denied. The warrant shall issue forthwith, bail is forfeited, and as for car trouble, your client is charged with stealing a car at gunpoint. I hope that is not the kind of car trouble he is experiencing today."

Did Blevins actually state that Cooper handed the note to Tina Mucklow and that is what the FIOA states?

:):D
There is an eerie resemblance between Christainsen, Braden, Coffelt and Weber. When I feel better I will scan a photo I do not believe any of you have seen. Because Duane was older and gray in the pic - I just didn't pay much attention to it.

It was odd to line all 4 of the photos up. I wish I knew how to scan a line-up with all 4 of them on one pic. Anyone have a good pic of McCoy or other suspects? If anyone can do this I will send the pic of Duane (he is older in this one). I do not believe anyone has ever done that - a Cooper line-up.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

I think you mean search warrant. Bench warrants are arrest warrants usually issued when defendants are no shows for court dates. Been there.

Me: "uh... Your honor, if you'd just delay issuing that bench warrant until the court recesses for the day my client may make a late appearance. He may be having car trouble"

Da Judge: "counsel you've made your request and it is denied. The warrant shall issue forthwith, bail is forfeited, and as for car trouble, your client is charged with stealing a car at gunpoint. I hope that is not the kind of car trouble he is experiencing today."

I stand corrected, your honor. The
warrant is for a search. Correct. Since you're on
duty (at the bench, so to speak) that's what I meant. Well G, you need to get your shit straight!
Do you want a bench warrant or a search warrant?
I want a search warrant, your honor. Fine. Granted.
Come in close. (whispering) 'My backhoe rents for
$100 an hour. Can you be done by five?'
;)

Did Blevins actually state that Cooper handed the note to Tina Mucklow and that is what the FIOA states?

:):D
There is an eerie resemblance between Christainsen, Braden, Coffelt and Weber. When I feel better I will scan a photo I do not believe any of you have seen. Because Duane was older and gray in the pic - I just didn't pay much attention to it.

It was odd to line all 4 of the photos up. I wish I knew how to scan a line-up with all 4 of them on one pic. Anyone have a good pic of McCoy or other suspects? If anyone can do this I will send the pic of Duane (he is older in this one). I do not believe anyone has ever done that - a Cooper line-up.

I just got a search warrant from 377 and will be
at your place at 4:00am sharp.

G.

You do raise an interesting point though G. Jo, who was so protective of her papers and wouldn't let Sluggo publish or disclose what he saw, tells the world that she has proof that Duane Weber was Dan Cooper. Talk about a slam dunk setup for the issuance of a search warrant.

I've got a lovely bunch of parachutes.

There they are all standing in a row.

Front packs, Back packs, one that will make you DEAD!

Just put two on, soon you'll be gone,

That's what the Rigger said.

So an 'experienced' rigger is charged with gathering the chutes for Flight 305. No doubt having supplied many a plane full of jumpers with the necessary apparatus. Skydivers know what to inspect and have double checked by others in the aircraft. Separate redundancy throughout, splendid just splendid.

Now during an Apollo 13 moment, this same rigger grabs two navy packs which are ultimately mixed with a pair of incompatible reserve chutes and hucks them into the trunk of a waiting cab. After all, why should he assume there was any intention of these chutes being used together? No need to check the packing card for dates this was an emergency, like a repack a few days out of currency is going to hurt anything.

Just to get this straight, a trunk is filled with two sets of parachutes that had no compatibility. One quarter of the parachutes were inert and used for training. That training chute which was sewn shut had the visual appearance of any other chute; that is, it was not striped pink and yellow with a red tag embossed with for training only. I don't see any problems here, Cooper probably did just fine.

I'm sure the money was treated in a similar fashion. A courier driving to several points were people are throwing cash filled bags in the trunk then delivered to waiting personnel at the airport. Nothing to ponder here folks, lets move on.

Just getting this far has involved two jump schools with a moniker of aviation knowledge resulted with a known failure rate of (at least) 25%. From this point to where Cooper makes his selection the known failure rate has doubled to 50%. This is being generous, as the inert reserve was attached in a non-standard configuration and could have caused more damage then simply not being able to open.

Now Cooper has half a chute, half a chute, half a chute onward. Now the money bag needs to be strapped to this FAA approved and inspected harness. As an experienced jumper Cooper was bound to check the inspection tag from force of habit which was pounded into his head while in the military. If he had, he may have known he was wearing a bag of bricks.

Aviation is absolutely polluted with back up systems, cross checks, inspections, licenses, certifications and oversight; am I the only one astonished by how these chutes were processed?

Although Cooper had little control over the training pack being delivered to him, a standard inspection may have prevented its use. Demanding a compatible system would have improved things and having the money in a bag with D-rings would have been better still.

For a guy in his 40's, Cooper sure had a great deal of confidence in other people. Hard for me to digest a person with experience in any form of aviation taking so much on blind faith.

Someone figured out Slovenia meant Lithuania.
http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id=8373807

So now everyone is saying the Icelandic girls will be cracked next, and the chippers are running again.

Hey Orange1: When evaluating "Was the Iceland thing a failure?" people make the common mistake of a shared value judgment.

Obviously the right evaluation is "Did anyone make money?" and "Was it you?".

Not "Did everyone make money?".

Iceland was a success. Slovenia is next.

Obviously the right evaluation is "Did anyone make money?" and "Was it you?".

Not "Did everyone make money?".

Ahhh, its Snowing again. Welcome back.

Your perspective is interesting. I really hadnt thought of it that way. The Icelandic economy was musical chairs but with only enough chairs for about 1% of the population when the music stopped. Lot's of seatless people but a few did just fine I am sure.

Farflung's observation is also interesting. Cooper sure put a lot of faith in others and they surely did NOT have his best interests at heart.

Hey, maybe only $5800 made it to the plane. Some cops take money. Ask any drug dealer who was arrested with a large amount of cash. The amount entered into the evidence lockers is rarely the amount seized.

You do raise an interesting point though G. Jo, who was so protective of her papers and wouldn't let Sluggo publish or disclose what he saw, tells the world that she has proof that Duane Weber was Dan Cooper. Talk about a slam dunk setup for the issuance of a search warrant.

Glad you appreciate a little humor.
That same thought has not escaped many people's
attention. When one makes large claims one had better be prepared ....... to move to Argentina or
take up residence in a shelter.

I've got a lovely bunch of parachutes.

There they are all standing in a row.

Front packs, Back packs, one that will make you DEAD!

Just put two on, soon you'll be gone,

That's what the Rigger said.

So an 'experienced' rigger is charged with gathering the chutes for Flight 305. No doubt having supplied many a plane full of jumpers with the necessary apparatus. Skydivers know what to inspect and have double checked by others in the aircraft. Separate redundancy throughout, splendid just splendid.

Now during an Apollo 13 moment, this same rigger grabs two navy packs which are ultimately mixed with a pair of incompatible reserve chutes and hucks them into the trunk of a waiting cab. After all, why should he assume there was any intention of these chutes being used together? No need to check the packing card for dates this was an emergency, like a repack a few days out of currency is going to hurt anything.

Just to get this straight, a trunk is filled with two sets of parachutes that had no compatibility. One quarter of the parachutes were inert and used for training. That training chute which was sewn shut had the visual appearance of any other chute; that is, it was not striped pink and yellow with a red tag embossed with for training only. I don't see any problems here, Cooper probably did just fine.

I'm sure the money was treated in a similar fashion. A courier driving to several points were people are throwing cash filled bags in the trunk then delivered to waiting personnel at the airport. Nothing to ponder here folks, lets move on.

Just getting this far has involved two jump schools with a moniker of aviation knowledge resulted with a known failure rate of (at least) 25%. From this point to where Cooper makes his selection the known failure rate has doubled to 50%. This is being generous, as the inert reserve was attached in a non-standard configuration and could have caused more damage then simply not being able to open.

Now Cooper has half a chute, half a chute, half a chute onward. Now the money bag needs to be strapped to this FAA approved and inspected harness. As an experienced jumper Cooper was bound to check the inspection tag from force of habit which was pounded into his head while in the military. If he had, he may have known he was wearing a bag of bricks.

Aviation is absolutely polluted with back up systems, cross checks, inspections, licenses, certifications and oversight; am I the only one astonished by how these chutes were processed?

Although Cooper had little control over the training pack being delivered to him, a standard inspection may have prevented its use. Demanding a compatible system would have improved things and having the money in a bag with D-rings would have been better still.

For a guy in his 40's, Cooper sure had a great deal of confidence in other people. Hard for me to digest a person with experience in any form of aviation taking so much on blind faith.

'Aviation people' were not in charge. Thus no
redundancy. In fact, reverse redundancy.

Your profile of Cooper not to mention the actual
sequence of events, is spot on (so far as we can
know.) And it matches 1:1 the observations of others here a year and a half ago.

So now that we have established that Cooper did
not survive, where did he not survive?

G.

I just got a search warrant from 377 and will be
at your place at 4:00am sharp.

G.

How in the H--- can Blevins write a book if he screws the details from the FOIA up on line?

I made 3 phone calls today - regarding what I have found and am working on and got 1 in return. Again NOTHING that proves Duane was Cooper, but some serious history that proves Weber was telling the truth about some other things in his past and connections with certain individuals. I couldn't believe I actually held in my hands all of these yrs, information that was able to unlock the door to the past of Weber and his association with several individuals over the yrs.

This information and source is not the person working on the SS #'s.

I have run this information by others today (not the FBI) and it seems it was NO suprise to a couple of them. In the last couple of yrs there was information out there I had looked for before - but, found NOTHING. This information meant zero to anyone else - because no one else was aware of the relationships (involved). The FBI was aware of this in 1997. I was looking for this connection to the past - and they claimed to have investigated Weber - so they should have taken NOTE of it. They had the info in their hands and made copies.

All of this may be too much, too late - due to the changes in the laws and the fact that most individuals are now deceased. It seems like all of this was by design (I guess I am trying to say that this information had been hidden - deliberately). Outside of that I do not understand why the FBI did not 'GET IT' when they "investigated" Weber. Please bear with my anomosity toward the "new" FBI as they have cost me 13 yrs of my life.

When a man threatened me in the very beginning - "If you want to be around to play with your grand kids, destroy everything you have and don't look back. Duane knew people in High Places" he knew what he was talking about. I think I got the quote twisted a little tonight, but that is close enough. As things stand this may NOT have been an idle threat. When I was doing this recent part of the research for the umpteenth time I was only trying to find Duane's daughter, wife and friends from the past. Now I am standing on the edge of a deep dark abyss and I am not sure I want to find what lies at the bottom.

One of the individuals helping me actually stumbled on to this new source of information, but he had no idea what I was holding. When he realized I had physical information that verified the connection - the search was on. I escalated this today - by doing what I have done for 13 yrs - making phone calls and asking questions. Perhaps this connection means diddly squat, but it may lead to answers. Right now the connection has created MORE Questions than answers....but it filled in a lot of blanks.

If one can prove parts of a convoluted story told by a man was true, night not the rest of it be true?

Please bear with my anomosity toward the "new" FBI as they have cost me 13 yrs of my life.

Sigh... but I am just going to let it be.

Please bear with my anomosity toward the "new" FBI as they have cost me 13 yrs of my life.

A more noble pursuit worth 13 years...
At any point in time, there are only about 23,000 Icelandic women between the ages of 18 and 30.
If you focus on identical twins, the pool drops to maybe 100.

If you want frustration..that's frustration.

The man who is writing the book on the NW employee, claims spending habits changed for the subject after 1971. Yes, of course, they did we had entered a new era of economics about that time. You could buy a (nice) house with a VA Loan and have a house payment of $100 or less. Living off of $400 in 1971 was easy...I did it in 1968 with 2 children and lived well.

Mr. Blevins also claims that his subject had gold and silver collectible coins worth in excess of 100K in 1994 dolars. Lots of people did this - bought coins over the yrs - even in tough yrs.
Often we were given gifts of collectible coins. During the period of yrs leading up to the 1980's this was the thing to do - collect - collect - collect and this paid off for those who did so. Most of you know exactly what buying gold means today - if you bought gold coins in 1980's even when gold went up during that time - today you have an investment that with stood recent stock down falls. With coins it is all about knowing what to buy and when to buy - in the 70's and 80's - one did not have to have a lot of money to create a collections that "could" be worth 100k in 1994. A numismatist who is also a historian would need to evaluate that collection to find its true worth in 1994 (I have a feeling it was no where near 100K and could be documented by a historian and numismatist). Appraisals for estate value are ALWAYS excessive.

Mr. Blevins also states that the hijacker ASKED for 20 dollar bills. Just where is this stated in the actual FIOA? Mr. Blevins does not realize the FBI uses literary licensing to attract individuals to their site. He needs to get the ACTUAL FIOA articles and READ them.

Facial recognition? Anyone posting in this forum knows exactly where that takes us, as it did with Weber. This is why I wanted to do a subject line up using photos of all subjects and to include a photo of Weber not seen. If you use that old photo of an older heavier Duane - you would think the 2 were brothers. I just thought this really funny.
Outside of humerous - this unpublished photo of Weber along side the Christiansen doesn't say much for the memory of the stewardess. When Florence saw the picture of Christiansen - it had been 36 yrs since the crime.

If Mr Blevins is actually going to publish this book - he needs to investigate the facts before publishing. Everyday there is another author who makes a fool out of himself because he did not take the time to research and verify with research. I do this and I AM NOT WRITING A BOOK. :|:)
Recently I presented a question to the thread - regarding who Cooper handed his note to. Obviously no one knew the answer. You failed your fact exam...therefore another myth is born.

:|;)Gee Whiz and you guys think I am frustrating! The FBI should be feeling a little uneasy when the public can re-write history. :)
:)

A more noble pursuit worth 13 years...
At any point in time, there are only about 23,000 Icelandic women between the ages of 18 and 30.
If you focus on identical twins, the pool drops to maybe 100.

If you want frustration..that's frustration.

Why do you seek identical twins Snow? Some sort of "phased array" experiment or will you exceed the duty cycle of a single girl and use time division multiplexing?

Be careful, if those Slovenian beauties at the home office find out you are coveting Icelandic girls you will need major protection. The prom queen usually does have a gun in Slovenia.

Why doesnt anyone respond to my question about what you'd guess about airload effects on 727 stairs? To me I'd expect the stairs to be pushed back up against the fuselage making exit difficult or impossible. A gravity assited non powered drop and a stable lowered position is counter intutive to me.

I don't see the issue.

The wind load on the stairs varies depending on the angle. Evidently not enough to keep the stairs fully closed (maybe almost, if the plane was going fast enough. I think the wind load effect is non-linear with air speed?)

the weight of the stairs is constant, but it's effect varies depending on angle because of the pivot at one end.

There will be an equilibrium created between gravity effects and wind effects. One up, one down.

You don't know the weight of the stairs, so there's no way you can have a "gut feel" about how it works vs wind load.

The hydaulic stuff provides a braking effect so the stairs don't crash down when released on the ground. I don't think this affects the equilibrium effect.

When cooper weighted the stairs, obviously a different equilibrium was created. It might not have been fully lowered stairs, but the pictures from the air drop experiment seem to say it was.

The initial model of 727 apparently couldn't lock the stair things down. Later models apparently did, leading to being to use a locked down stair as a tail support (remember our whole discussion about tipped planes)

I guess I don't see what the issue is.

Did you know there's a page for Icelandic twins on Facebook?

The man who is writing the book on the NW employee, claims spending habits changed for the subject after 1971. Yes, of course, they did we had entered a new era of economics about that time. You could buy a (nice) house with a VA Loan and have a house payment of $100 or less. Living off of $400 in 1971 was easy...I did it in 1968 with 2 children and lived well.

Mr. Blevins also claims that his subject had gold and silver collectible coins worth in excess of 100K in 1994 dolars. Lots of people did this - bought coins over the yrs - even in tough yrs.
Often we were given gifts of collectible coins. During the period of yrs leading up to the 1980's this was the thing to do - collect - collect - collect and this paid off for those who did so. Most of you know exactly what buying gold means today - if you bought gold coins in 1980's even when gold went up during that time - today you have an investment that with stood recent stock down falls. With coins it is all about knowing what to buy and when to buy - in the 70's and 80's - one did not have to have a lot of money to create a collections that "could" be worth 100k in 1994. A numismatist who is also a historian would need to evaluate that collection to find its true worth in 1994 (I have a feeling it was no where near 100K and could be documented by a historian and numismatist). Appraisals for estate value are ALWAYS excessive.

Mr. Blevins also states that the hijacker ASKED for 20 dollar bills. Just where is this stated in the actual FIOA? Mr. Blevins does not realize the FBI uses literary licensing to attract individuals to their site. He needs to get the ACTUAL FIOA articles and READ them.

Facial recognition? Anyone posting in this forum knows exactly where that takes us, as it did with Weber. This is why I wanted to do a subject line up using photos of all subjects and to include a photo of Weber not seen. If you use that old photo of an older heavier Duane - you would think the 2 were brothers. I just thought this really funny.
Outside of humerous - this unpublished photo of Weber along side the Christiansen doesn't say much for the memory of the stewardess. When Florence saw the picture of Christiansen - it had been 36 yrs since the crime.

If Mr Blevins is actually going to publish this book - he needs to investigate the facts before publishing. Everyday there is another author who makes a fool out of himself because he did not take the time to research and verify with research. I do this and I AM NOT WRITING A BOOK. :|:)
Recently I presented a question to the thread - regarding who Cooper handed his note to. Obviously no one knew the answer. You failed your fact exam...therefore another myth is born.

:|;)Gee Whiz and you guys think I am frustrating! The FBI should be feeling a little uneasy when the public can re-write history. :)
:)

You seem upset with Blevins, and suddenly defending the FBI? Have the magnetic poles switched?

You seem upset with Blevins, and suddenly defending the FBI? Have the magnetic poles switched?

Not hardly - made a minor mistake with one statement it should have been:

"Gee Whiz and you guys think I am frustrating! The FBI should be feeling a little uneasy when the public can re-write history. Hey, maybe we can write the FBI our ( I meant to say OUT) of history! Poof - nothing they investigated meant nothing."

I am not upset with Blevins he is doing what so many have done in the past - the truth has become so convoluted - no one will ever be able to unravel the myths from the facts.

The young people who come along after our generation will believe Cooper used a Wing suit. I know that is getting a little far out - but just trying to make a point.

At least I tried to figure out the truth regarding what Duane told me without making-up a new story about Cooper or changing the facts of the case. OKAY, I will pat my own back :)

Why would someone arrested and tried in El Paso be sent to Canon City in Colorado? Just an odd question that occurred today.

Snowmman: That Boeing clip you put on the forum - I can't find the connection anymore. Seems like it needs to be revisited and more needs to be known about the plane used - was the ID number on that plane visible in those clips. This may be the most important piece of information I have ever asked for. Not that anyone we know was on it - but who actually owned that plane at any given time might be a need to know factor.