howardwhite

Where and when? #1

OK, contest fans. Now we have a bunch of pictures of people and airplanes where the airplane ID is reasonably obvious but the location and approximate date are not. Your mission, aside from identifying the plane, is to provide these further details. If you were there, tell more.
(In answer to thousands of questions :P, the prize -- not transferrable -- is a Super Otter skydive at Jumptown, Orange MA, and the judge's decision is final.)
I will be mildly astounded if someone gets this one -- it will be some geek who collects old magazines and actually reads them and remembers stuff.:)
HW

Jack is, as usual, correct, though any aviator worth his salt would recognize a B-25, Mr White.
Hoop

Jack is, unusually, wrong:P, at least about the location and date.
And I did say that the aircraft ID was "reasonably obvous," Mr. Hooper.

HW

Thats Wakeman OH.. 16 drowned.

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

Sorry I was away from my computer for a few days and I missed this. This was May of '62 at Orangeburg. Curt Hughes(C 33)second from left, Mace Coleman(D 96) forth from the left,Chuck Baughtknight(B 1079)and myself, Woody Binnicker(D624) fifth and forth from the right. A guy named Lowdermilk brought the plane down to see if we wanted to buy one and we did. Mace, Chuck,RichardBates and Myself bought it for $7500 and had insured through Loyds of London. We were going to Deland right before Thanksgiving but Mace crashed it the day before. He got out but broke his hip. So much for that..Woody

Ah, but you asked for not just the year, but the approximate date, which I submit was 5/20/62 at Orangeberg SC, taken not from a magazine, but from the pages of my logbook and my somewhat foggy memory. If I am correct, & I think I am, I can identify along with myself, Bob Mathews, Ross Turpin, Steve Wilkie, Roy Bertalowitz, Charlie Murphy, FNU Murphy & Kevin Brady all US Marines. I cannot read the signature in my logbook, but it was D-96.

I may not have replied in a timely fashon, however this was due to the fact that I was checking my old logbook for facts, after having finally found my glasses and used the toilet facilities, having remembered what I was in the toilet for.