2 2
skyjack71

D B Cooper Unsolved Skyjacking

-Why not ask for hundreds? He knew he was going to make a challenging jump so if he planned it out why would he not ask for 100's. He only requested negotiable US currency. He got 20's, if he would have said 100's he could have reduced his weight by almost 15 pounds and bulk by a wide margin.

~~~Someone spending a boatload of 100's would have certainly caught the attention of almost anyone back then, the average weekly wage in 1971 was 168.00...and if I recall correctly, there wasn't 200,000 in hundreds available in the area banks anyway... postage stamps (once considered as currency) would have packed up well too, good thing they didn't give him nickels huh?! (about 44,500 pounds);)

-Why not ask for a specific flight path? He never made that request nor did he ever ask the aircrew where along the flight path they were, he just jumped without much of a clue were they were at.

~~~Why bother, exit when you see city lights and head that way, a specific flight plan means you know aviation and navigation, narrows the search pool of possible suspects.
And how many bank robbers tell the cops their escape route before they leave the bank? :S

-Why not ask for good equipment, ParaComanders were available.

~~~Same as above, the skydiving world was much smaller back then, ask for a specific type of equipment and bring a spotlight on yourself, maybe he should have asked for ladder laced size 10 Corcoran Jump Boots and 3 days of C rats with an extra P-38 ?!:ph34r:

....and let's keep in mind he was trying to maintain a specific time frame for the collection of the money & gear, specifics would have given the federal authorities more reason to delay departure. And requesting a high performance canopy would have given the authorities less concern that he would actually be making a hostage jump too...

I know you asked this be kept civil, which I'm doing...but you DO understand that the more you argue your points the more obvious you make it that you really haven't given a lotta thought to the criminal mind and unconventional thinking needed to pull off something like this.

Not brilliant, not brave~just unconventional, thorough and ballsy...add criminal intent and ya lose buildings in Manhattan, cause people to get their shoes inspected at airports, or become a legend like D.B. Cooper.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

C'mon Ckret,
In the city I work in the cavalier crooks that do random, unplanned crimes like convenience store stick ups and bank heists always get caught. They usually bumble so bad us stoopid firemen could catch them!
I think the FBI should put up a nice size reward for the real DB to come forward. it will be the only way this ever gets solved!;)

Just a few points to ponder:

-Why not ask for hundreds? He knew he was going to make a challenging jump so if he planned it out why would he not ask for 100's. He only requested negotiable US currency. He got 20's, if he would have said 100's he could have reduced his weight by almost 15 pounds and bulk by a wide margin.

-Why not ask for a specific flight path? He never made that request nor did he ever ask the aircrew where along the flight path they were, he just jumped without much of a clue were they were at.

-Why not ask for good equipment, ParaComanders were available.

I don't have the answers just a guess on my part, but if he planned it to me those seem like important issues that could lead to success or failure.

Well, How much did the 20's weigh?

Was that really ever a consideration on his part like you seem to want to believe? Someone used to jumping with lots of equipment wouldn't be too overly focused on your 15 pound detail. Especially if he was PLANNING on landing in a tree. Therefore he might have been USED TO landing in trees. In fact, smoke jumpers have that experience and background.

In fact, I think a smoke jumper back in those days WOULD NOT want a ParaComander. Too much forward speed if you were PLANNING on landing in a tree.

As far as not asking for a specific flight plan, who's idea is that? Someone who pondered the crime for years after it was done? Hey, guess what, direct to Mexico City or Reno is kind of the same line, south-southeast from Seattle. Maybe he didn't have an exact spot to land or someone on the ground. Maybe he just wanted a genreral area of forest he was familiar with. Someone with good survival training wouldn't be totally scared away from the prospect of being in the woods for a few days, especially if they were highly motivated by the money.

You said you talked with Army and Sport jumping Experts. They would think totally different than a smoke jumping expert. Ever talk to some of those? Seems to me it would be a good idea to have checked their ranks and picked their brains. After all, they have a lot of experience jumping into dangerous situations, with low performance round parachutes, carrying equipment and landing in trees.

I think most of the people investigating this case are trying to figure things out from their perspective, not D.B. Coopers perspective.

Just my humble opinion.

:)

I realize you are here to pick up information and maybe hoping against hope one of us is Cooper and we let something only he and you know slip out.

So be careful, Airtwardo . . . ;)

What the experienced jumpers here are telling you is to stop approaching this from the standpoint that the jump was not "feasible." I get the feeling you hope it wasn't feasible so you don’t have to ponder the fact this guy may have beaten you. Break it down and this was nothing more than a simple parachute jump. There is nothing in the night air that can hurt you. And the speed at exit? A bit faster than a normal exit, but calling it "violent" is a stretch. Violent is when you eject from a fighter at 600 knots. And I'd think a man apt to panic in freefall would not have had the nerve to descend down those air-stairs in the first place.

Look at all the people Al Capone ordered murdered and all he went down for was tax evasion. You win some and you lose some. Maybe you should just declare Cooper dead and the case closed. After all people have a short memory and doesn't this just make the Bureau look bad every time it makes the news?

You have been going off the same information all along and it’s led nowhere. You have descriptions from two scared stiff young woman, (we should all shudder thinking of the poor schnooks who went to the electric chair on the basis of an eyeball witness' who weren't trained observers). Then there's these murky, at best, connotations into someone's smoking and drinking habits, on the basis of what? You might as well try a psychic. And the fact no one reported someone of similar description missing could mean your description is way off or the guy isn’t missing.

Let's start thinking outside the box.

>>The next day, Earl Cossey, an instructor at a nearby skydiving school that supplied the chest chutes, realized that one of them -- marked with an X -- was used only for classroom demonstrations. That's the one the hijacker apparently took.
The above doesn't ring true to me. It's just too stupid a mistake for a skydiving instructor to make. We used to use "practice" belly mount reserves on students and when you work with a mock-up device day in and day out there's no way you'd mistake it for the real deal. Plus the "X" is a fairly well known symbol for something amiss, so besides the Instructor, the person(s) transporting it to the plane, and Cooper himself, you're saying they all missed it? Besides how do you know he even used the reserve at all? He may have just opened the main, gave it a quick look, re-closed it, and just used that. The empty "D" rings on the harness would then have been great places to secure the money.

>>The supposed trained paratrooper jumped from 10,000 feet with a reserve chute that wouldn't operate
Here's a little test you can perform. Get a hold of similar vintage gut gear, a main and a reserve, and pick some non-jumper off the street and ask them to don it. Get ready for some comedy. Cooper was either a military jumper or someone with a small amount of sport jumping experience. But maybe he was a crafty as hell Master Rigger who had his own hide-a rig under his suit.

Criminals always seem to be classified as dumb shits, loners, misfits, etc. But the law of averages says not every one of them can be dumb as a box of rocks. Maybe, just maybe, Cooper was smarter than you're giving him credit for, and that's why you never caught him.

But who knows, there's always tax evasion . . .

NickD :)

One thing i have difficulty understanding is why the fact that Cooper only had one or two drinks is repeatedly used as "evidence" that he wasn't a heavy drinker. Surely anyone attempting a risky jump like that would not want to do it under the influence...

It was not uncommon back in the 60's and early 70's to have a drink or two during jumping hours.

Or so I have been told, I didn't start until 1981 ;)

Here is one of my favorite bonfire stories....

Back when I first started skydiving my instructor told me about how great things were in the early days. They used to have fun, Real fun and it was perfectly natural to have a cooler of cold beer at the drop zone during the day. No problem, and it was self policing because if you had one two many you would just scratch and stay on the ground.

But then the hippies started showing up....and they were smoking pot!

So then they made a rule no smoking pot during jumping and the hippies said: Hey! you rednecks are drinking beer! If you can drink beer then why can't we smoke pot?

"So, we had to make a new rule that you could not drink or smoke pot during jumping."

I will never forget this....

He looks at me and says:

"Those fucking hippies ruined our sport!"
>:(

True story...

Criminals always seem to be classified as dumb shits, loners, misfits, etc. But the law of averages says not every one of them can be dumb as a box of rocks. Maybe, just maybe, Cooper was smarter than you're giving him credit for, and that's why you never caught him.

Assuming that he lived and got away, the single thing that shows a level of intelligence above 95% of the criminals out there is that he only did it once. One job, got it right, fled the scene in such a manner he could not be followed and he never did it again. Even now investigations into similar crimes (robberies such as banks, convience stores, etc) revolve around the building of clues and facts from witnesses. Many times the suspects will commit the crime once, get away with it while the investigation is pending, do it again then that solidifies the case against them. More witnesses, more crime scene to process, etc.

Assuming criminals are idiots is completely wrong. Assuming they're masterminds and intelligent is wrong as well. Some are intelligent in their plan and execution, some aren't and get executed.:P
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I realize you are here to pick up information and maybe hoping against hope one of us is Cooper...

And I am not D. B. Cooper.

What is it you're tryin' to say Bernie? :)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

All valid points in a world where almost anything is possible.

:| I sent you an email with my questions - two weeks ago and I have yet to recieve those answers??????????? You told me you would and yet you have the time to come into a forum on a fishing expedition.

:(Mr. Carr, you went before the press claiming that I was told about the DNA several months ago....you know that is not true. You called me the week-end you were going public which was only a wk or so after the N.Y. Magazine article. That is when you dropped the bomb you thought would shut me up....only the answers to my questions will stop me. :P Why would you go to the media only one week after the Northwest connection was made? Are you not aware of the email that I sent in Jan or Feb. of 2007 to the FBI regarding a NW connection? Do I need to resend all of the email I sent to Ralph Hope and the other agent of record?

:)what DNA you retrieved from that tie, but it is only valid if you find DNA off of the cigarette butts if you can find them. Obviously the Chain of Evidence was broken - since you cannot find the butts - and since DNA was not viable in 1971 it is very probable that gloves were not worn when handling fabric items. :ph34r:What if that tie was purchase from a second hand shop just before the crime? Cooper would know that his prints might be on the plastic anchors of the clip...so he picks a used one up and puts it on being sure not to touch the clips.

:$The DNA that is on the tie - would be the previous owners, but since we had no knowledge of DNA in 1971 - all he was doing was assuring that his prints could not be trace. He fixated on the prints and that is all.

:)a note sent from Oakdale, Ca. to the Reno Newpapers. Agent Hope told me that it was probably sent to Washington DC. Why? There were several notes, but the only one I am concerned about is the Reno note. I need to know what it said and if it was different than the other notes. Duane would have gone to the Oakdale area because he had someone there who would shelter him in 1971. This person was alive when I first started my search and refused to talk about Duane and 1971. I was told to leave the past in the past - I was begged to leave it alone......by this person.

:oI have repeatedly asked the FBI about a Hotel registration that was retrieved from a night clerk after the jump. Regardless of what name was signed on that card - I have copies of Duane's handwriting over the yrs - and I would know his handwriting anyway. The prior agent said it would have been checked out and returned - well, it wasn't. The night clerk contacted me after seeing Duane's picture in the Oregonian a few yrs ago. His ex-wife backs up his story.

:ph34r:Now I will answer your question about why he only asked for 200K. Duane Weber in the 60's worked for a company called the Pyramid Life Ins. out of the Ks/Mn area. They underwrote the policy for NW Airlines. He was employed there under the name of John Collins. The company claimed to have purged their files for that time - but the FBI has the capabilities to check the SS records of John Collins (I can't because I cannot prove I was the wife of John Collins). The file would probably not be under the SS number of the card I provided to the FBI - as that number was not acquired until a later date. He was a member of the companies Presidents Club - top agent. He got in some trouble or the company found out that he was not John Collins so he runs off to Ms and other parts.
The amount of that policy was 200K. Want to know why he didn't ask for more? - he didn't need more because he had been told that he had a serious health problem. $20 bills are easier to spend.

B|I have many more question which you have been made aware of. I spoke with someone for several hours this evening - and this person wants to know if I have told you everything that I have told him over the yrs. One hell of a story - there is much more, but I did not want to put my life out here for everyone to see and read.

B|One last thing before I let go of this for tonight. There are too many different stories about the dummy chute - ( the piece of hardware he kept in the dest drawer) maybe? Other reports have said it was left. So which story is true? I have also asked the FBI if they kept the cords that were cut and that I probably have the knife he cut them with and the technology of today should tell you if one of those cut the cords. The stewardess saw him undo one of the chutes and cut the cords. When you don't have what you need you improvise.

B|Explain the ticket and stub that I held in my hands? Can anyone explain that away? I will not go away - the FBI will not push this under the rug - because there is just too much. I am not some poor little pathetic woman looking for 15 minutes of fame - but, I question an FBI agent making some of the statements that I have read.

DNA is only valid if you know you have Cooper's DNA. Stop and think outside of the box or you will end up like Napoleon - unable to see over the table. It is truely not complicated...it is survival!
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

This question about $100 bills verses $20 bills is crazy. Answer your own question by asking yourself, what is the most counterfeited denomination? Why? Though Cooper did not ask for $20s, from what I know, he asked for "small bills." There's probably a reason why he asked for small bills and it could be a reason no one ever "found" one of the Cooper bills in circulation.

The DNA question is very valid. For instance, in the Zodiac case, they did a DNA comparison from one of the letters to the lead suspect Arthur Allen. The problem was the letter that was tested wasn't known to be a true Zodiac. Similarly, if an article has been handled for 3 decades and you're testing trace DNA, how are we assured the DNA profile is that of the real suspect and not someone else?

Along the same lines, DNA from the suspect must be from the suspect and free of any contamination.

I for one would like to know more about what we know about the DNA. Was the DNA from the tie cross tested against the DNA on the drinking glass or cigarettes?

Skyjack71 mentions a letter sent to Reno. In late 1971, the Seattle AP reported that several letters were sent to various newspapers claiming to be from Cooper (much like the Zodiac case). One of those letters was sent to a Reno newspaper. Ckret, can you shed some light on the letter that arrived at a Reno newspaper in late 1971? I'm curious to know what it said and if it was handwritten or not. Particularly, how was it signed?

An eyewitness that places a lead suspect in Portland at the time of the crime is fairly significant evidence. Let's locate that registration to see if this eyewitness account holds water. The person made an earlier post on this tread so they're probably still around.

Skyjack71 raised an interesting question regarding the faulty chute. Up until last month, all the literature said that Cooper left the chute (with an "X" on it?) and now we're told one of the chutes he used was faulty. Which is it so that we know... did he jump with a bad chute or did he leave it behind? If he jumped with a bad chute, was his other chute also faulty?

The so-called splatter theory seriously falls apart because of one piece of critical evidence. Brian Ingram's money found at frenchman's was around 20 miles away from the drop zone, and that's if you travel in a straight line. The odds of the duffle bag flying open upon impact and stacks of cash finding their way from the woods in Cowlitz county all the way to the river bank near catepillar are absolutely infinitesimal. Further, the money would have had to travel this distance in the course of 9 years and still be legible enough to retrieve serial numbers off of them after that time.

One of the articles posted here a few days ago mentions this money was found buried in a bag, is that true? If so, what type of bag was it? If there was any bag at all (and that's the first I've heard of a bag) then it's completely foolish to believe in the splatter theory since the stacks of money weren't in bags when given to Cooper. The reporter must have gotten this detail mixed up.

Furthermore, the "missing person" angle also supports the ascertion that Cooper survived the jump.

Ckret, it's great to have you here on the forum. Through your diligence, the community at large can make some progress in this case. Maybe someday it will finally be put to rest.

Cooper never asked for any type of denomination.

the reserve chute he jumped with was for classroom demo, it was not a functioning chute (Cossey did not provide the chute, he discovered the mistake the next day. The chute was provided by someone else at Sky Sports)

The backback Cooper jumped with was an NB6 manufactured in 1959.

The money was not found in a bag, the bundles were stuck together by the muck and time.

Jo, you have my number.

Thank you for responding Ckret. I knew that article mentioning the money found in a bag had to be a mistake.

Many posters here have mentioned that Cooper never specified a route, though he was saying to head south to Mexico. He also wanted the jet to take off with the stairs lowered. Wouldn't it seem that the original plan of Cooper's was to jump in Burien or the Des Moines area (in other words, Sea Tac area)?

If I understand correctly, the money had no bands left and it was all clumped together. Given the rot and that it was found near water, does the fact that the bills were stuck to themselves support nine years of being in water flow?
Most things expand in water, and running water has a tendancy to tear fibrous materials apart. The weathering on the bills (stuck to themselves with the outer edges all moldy and decomposing) do not lend themselves to 9 years of water logging and even slow water movement. What type of condition would create a stack of bills that sticks to themselves with the outer portions suffering from mildew? Remember, we're talking about 9 years.

Figuring out this clue might become a key that unlocks the mystery of deciphering Cooper's fate.

Your right, I believe the reason DB Cooper never specified a flight path is because it did not matter, he was going to jump just a few minutes out of Seatac, so the flight path was of no concern. When plan A failed there was no plan B, plan B became as soon as he could get the air stairs down.

Not long after takeoff Cooper tried to get the stairs to lower. After several minutes he called up to the captain saying he could not get the stairs down. The captain leveled the flight and slowed the planes speed. The crew called back a few minutes later and Cooper said everything was ok. Not long after that communication, out into the night.

The money still had bands around the bundles.

Let's run with the "Cooper buried the money" idea for a moment.

Cooper would have taken at least one brick and buried it. How far down? Well, certainly more than a few inches deep, it would have been down more than 8 inches. If he buried it deep enough, say 12+ inches, then the mildew and water damage would be explained.

Below the surface of the sand there's generally a steady supply of moisture if not complete water. The ideal condition to produce mildew like that would be stale water, which could happen if the bills were underground.

If this place was totally dry and free from river flow (even in high tide) then a steady stream of rain for nine years would certainly decay the buried bills.

Where the "Cooper buried the money" theory gets sketchy is that only 290 bills were found. This isn't even 300. For argument's sake, let's say 10 bills just disintigrated over time. We would still be at 300 bills. Ckret, do you know how many bills made up a brick?

Assuming stacks of 100 bundled together (which were intact) and bricks of ?? rubber banded together, you would expect to find an entire brick if it were purposely buried. The reason is because now there's NO running water to wash away the other bands.

A bulldozer could not even dig up any additional bills.

Let's suppose Ckret comes back and says each brick was only 3 bundles or 300 bills, now we have to ask ourselves how long could that money stay underground in that condition without completely rotting out? Could it be 9 years? I don't know because I don't know how dry it was there. I also suspect Brian only grazed the sand a few inches when he unearthed his find, but we would again need Ckret to shed some light on that.

Even if we still find a way past these obstacles, now we have to ask ourselves about motive. Why would Cooper purposely bury a brick of cash in the sand by the river? What's the goal in doing this? Is the goal for it to be found?
If it's to be found, then it would have to be buried just beneath the surface, and it's a gamble at that (is it really worth $6,000 to gamble?).

Burying the money leads to one conclusion... Cooper survived the jump. Why would Cooper eliminate an outcome for investigators? It only makes their job easier.

Many people have said they think Cooper put that money there to "throw off the cops". Throw them off of what? Why would Cooper want anyone to know that he ventured southwest? Why would he want anyone to know that he survived? Why would he gamble $6,000 for this "throw off"? Finally, why throw them off that way? Why not put the money in a more prominant place so the gamble wouldn't be as servere? Why not plant the money near the landing site to confound investigators?

Burying the money simply does not make sense. If Ckret can come back and tell us that the money was in bricks of something other than 300, then the buried money theory really falls apart.

The bills sticking to themselves does suggest compression. This could be from compression of the bands, or it could be from the bills being compressed (such as the buried money theory).

Now I know who you think committed the crime.

As pointed out in another's post, Cooper putting on a faulty front chute isn't something a typical instructor would make. Again, Cooper makes a big "gamble" to throw off authorities? This time with his life?

I believe it was this past Sunday that the Oregonian ran a full page photo of the Cooper sketch.

Would someone who lives (and skydives for that matter) commit the crime of the century in their own backyard?

We've just discussed how the most likely plan A was jumping near Sea Tac as the plane took off. Let's not forget, Cooper argued with the Pilot about the stairs and did NOT specify a flight path. At this time, it had gotten dark.

If Cooper's original plan was to jump right away, which is suggested by the details of the crime, then the idea that someone had a partner waiting on the ground completely misses the facts.

Suppose there really was a confederate on the ground. Without specifying a flight path, it would be impossible to predict the landing point beforehand. Mayfield being on the phone by 9 pm really shoots holes in this already improbable scenario, because he'd likely have to travel some distance to meet up with the alledged confederate.

Further, he'd have to get to a payphone that quickly and make the call to the police to "create" his alibi. Aren't there better ways to create an alibi besides calling the FBI and telling them it would be easy to pull a crime like this? Just have someone vouch for you!

Even with this, you're stuck in Portland where the attention is focused. Also, since you've called the FBI, now it's almost certain they'd pay you a visit, even if it's just to talk. Who's to say they don't snap a photo for a photo line-up?
Once again, a very risky gamble if this was Mayfield. Does this guy have a gambling addiction???

Furthermore, how would Mayfield have known that the eye witnesses would describe someone that does NOT match his description?
Another gamble!

It simply does not add up.

One last thing, Cooper did not specify a flight path. He requested Mexico City. Cooper had NOT factored in refueling. Would an instructor think this plane could make it from Seattle to Mexico City without refueling? If not, why would he agree to Reno and not say, San Francisco?

He's gotten away with quit a bit. Stealing a plane across state lines, armed robbery . ( he did serve time! ) several jump school students "buying the farm". No reason whatsoever to consider him Cooper. Lied about his ailbi on national TV. Florence Schaffner positively ID'ing him. Nothing like having a buddy like Himmelsbach!! That's for sure. If I had one of those, I'd rob fort Knox!

Brendini

:SFlorence positively Identified Coffelt yrs ago. - this was in a two segment article written in I believe 1985 by Byron Brown for a magazine out of Las Vegas called the Las Vegan Magazine. She also I according to the writer ID'ed the Northwest employee.

:)She would also have to be made aware that there are no close photos of Duane from 1962 until 1979- and he thought they had all been destroyed. He is going to look younger or older in the photos I have manage to find from those yrs. I was told she said he was too old viewing a photo on a cell phone - but Coffelt was the same age as Duane - Duh.! The individual showing her the photo didn't bother to tell her that he was 12 yrs older in that specific photo.

B|>:(The artist who did the original and redo composite - for those who are new. Doug Pasternack, a reporter, spent a couple of hours with the artist...some things the artist said during that interview need to be revisited. The artist was trying very hard to portray a characteristic - but was not successful in doing so. I told Doug exactly what it was - he didn't tell me. This was just another one of those things I cannot let go of. This was one of my deciding points in going public several yrs ago.

>:(I do not know how many times I have to tell the FBI that Duane went to the Columbia twice on our trip in 1979 - once just across from the airport and there where no homes there at that time - just 2 sets of rails and trees that obscured the airport from view so we were West of the airport on the Vancouver side. The second location was at the bridge going over from Vancouver to Portland at a old hotel there. I will repeat again for the FBI that the first place I stayed in the car while he went down to the river with something from the trunk and then put something back into the trunk at which time I was allowed to get out of the car. The second location was for a pit stop and a soda, and he takes a paper bag with him - like a lunch bag. I took a trip to the facility - he goes out back and that is where I find him - the bag is gone. He is standing in the back looking out at the water. Then we headed to Tahoe - and we didn't have a lot of money or so I thought. He would not go to Vegas - and that was odd. Perhaps there was a reason NOT to go to Vegas.

B|I will not repeat the things he told me regarding questions I asked, because it is useless as no one hears me. He also stopped in an area on our way to Washington on the Oregon side. We spent the night in a small town and he got up early and told me had something he needed to do and would be back before check-out. He comes in dirty and has to clean-up. He had been gone from 5 in the morning until check-out. I don't remember what time check out was in 1979.

B|I have never revealed this much detail about the locations before to the public, but now is the time. I am not comfortable doing so, but it is now Necessary.

:(Mr Carr, I sent you an email you never answered and I also spoke with you on the phone. You didn't have time to talk and gave me an email address and told me to email my questions to you. Now, you say "Jo you have my number" in a public forum. I will also note that the details of the highjacking itself seem to be changing - and they are never consistent.

:)My story has been consistent - I have had to speculate and ask for help, but when I get through with the exercise - I go back to what I know...and it is always the same.

:$The bills - again I will stress to the FBI that these be examined with the technology of today and not 1980 regarding the condition. I have said over and over that they were buried in a bucket or some kind of container. Never put all you eggs in one basket Duane told me. Three opportunities to retrieve and discard in 5 days???? Also he went someplace by himself in Seattle for a few hours,
NOTE: He didn't need a map - not one time. Really wish someone could explain that to me.

;)I really think the FBI needs to find that registration and the note sent from Oakdale - !
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

Why would Cooper bury the money? Some have said to throw the investigation off. Why would that throw the investigaton and how? If you were going to throw the investigation why would you do it with buried money that may never be discovered. In this case the only way for the rouse to work is by discovery, to leave it to chance if it is part of your escape plan makes little sense. Good points nonetheless.