efs4ever

Of Interest to OLD OLD OLD Spaceland Jumpers

Gotta love the Gremlin with the crushed hood in face. My wife drove a Gremlin in High School.

And behind the Gremlin, an even better ride (the box truck) is Paul McGurr's "Land Otter". It was crashed one night on the DZ while on a takeoff run...

I can't believe they let you guys on the airport :P
I saw Mark Conrad at a scuba convention a few years ago. Looks plenty the same for me to recognize him, and I really suck at that.

Wendy W.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

24 April 1971, shows three jumps from Houston Metro Twin Otter at the Old Galveston Skydivers DZ in Dickenson, Tx. If I remember correctly we flew out of the old Spaceland airport and jumped into Doc's DZ. My question is: Was this the first recorded jumping from Dave Boatman's/Metro otter?

I think Houston Metro Airlines started operating twin otters out of the STOLport in Clear Lake in early 1970, so you are probably right, but this was before my skydiving career.

Found this interesting site:

http://gratestshowonearth.com/spx/spx.html

Found this interesting site:
http://gratestshowonearth.com/spx/spx.html

That website made my computer hard drive click-away for about 15 minutes, and do nothing else. What the hell is going on out there? Does he have a 100 gig of photos on the first page? I had to cancel the darned thing.

Boys and girls,
I have no idea of the inner workings of Jimmy's mind.
I grew up dpwn the street from him, I knew his older brother, he has been a friend of mine for like ever,we have Knowledge of some of the same women.(small town) and i know I have no idea whats going on in there .but i know he can do a lot of things and people will spend a lot of time figuring it out.
only to find there was nothing to it.
BUT he has bought a rig and with some type of "sucess" completed a "refresher jump " at doc's place.
god help us all

OK, OK,

Damn, I never could keep a secret....point is, if you get laid and I don't, I'll tell on you (it's in the book)

Runway 48R is what has got your attention.

I work for an airline as an Aircraft Dispatcher. One year, during recurrent training, a guy was reading NOTAMS and miss quoted a restricted area, 48R, as runway 48 right. He caught so much shit about it, I photo shopped that pick (actually 13L at Dallas Love Field) and gave it to him....told him next time anyone gave him any shit to tell them that he had been there, and seen it, and then to tell them about all of the abandoned UFOs parked off on the taxi way....

I have been reading this whole thread, it is so great. And, if you are a jumper who experienced anything written here, and you find yourself in Texas....Doc's place at Stephenville....He and his staff will have feeling at home in no time at all.

You know, I started skydiving at 17, was Spacelands "first, first jump student." It blew through my life in an instant, and I never got to be a great sky diver in the two years that I jumped, (a few jumps after that to keep the soul alive) and I know I probably never will....but....I love to sky dive anyway.....nothing in the world beats climbing out of an airplane in flight....nothin

(a few of those women Bill mentioned tried, I have to admit, but none can compete with the bruises of a terminal reserve opening).

And Fast Phil,,,,...how the hell are you, where the hell are you, and why aren't we getting drunk?

Jimy
"Man could die eatin nothing but rabbit." - Patrick Foley

A few weekends ago a group of Old-Spaceland skydivers joined-in to attend Duane Kincaid's 50th birthday party, along with his family and other friends.

See the attached photo for the skydiver group.

Left to right:
John Rich (blue shirt)
Bob Heilman (yellow shirt)
Janice Jenkins (red shirt)
Dan Ward (white shirt in back)
Richard Smith (white shirt in front)
Ken Jenkins (olive shirt)
Crystal Smith (blue shirt)
Terri Ward (white shirt in back)
Duane Kincard (white shirt)
Duane's wife (blue shirt)
Chuck Thompson (light blue shirt)

Only John, Bob and Chuck are still active jumpers.

Bob, married to Ginger, now has two children.

Dan and Terri now have two children: Sydney and Joshua - see the 2nd photo. Dan was the captain of the 20-way team "The Cull" for several years. They met, skydiving.

Janice and Ken are married, living in Texas hill country. They met, skydiving.

Richard "Video Pig" and Crystal are married, with children, home-schooling them. They met, skydiving.

Duane is looking good, and is always a ton of fun to hang out with.

Chuck is an instructor at Skydive Houston.