wayne8577

Old PC Mannuals

Anyone have an old PC manual they would like to sell? Just aquired 2 PCs and would like to have a manual to go along with them! I used to jump a PC back in the 60s and early 70s. It was a great rig! Even had a few coffee can lids under my feet a few times! Wayne
Here's to Old Farts in the Wind!

Gee Whiz! Who would have thought that an old PC manual would sell for that kind of money. I have several boxes of old skydiving stuff from the early 70's that may now be antiques. Being a pack-rat may not be all bad!.....Steve1

Being a pack-rat may not be all bad!.....Steve1

No kidding!

I have a couple of never open boxes of 'vintage' mid-70 era....Rubber Bands!

I wonder if I should sell them as whole boxes..or part 'em out singly;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Anyone have an old PC manual they would like to sell? Just aquired 2 PCs and would like to have a manual to go along with them! I used to jump a PC back in the 60s and early 70s. It was a great rig! Even had a few coffee can lids under my feet a few times! Wayne

Damn! How'd I survive jumping mine without ever having a manual?

Having a manual might be a good idea. I've made hundreds of jumps on a PC, but after all those years you'd be surprised how much you forget. The summer before last, three of us old farts packed up an old para-commander. We stopped several times in the process and tried to remember exactly what to do next....

It was tangled to start with so this introduced a lot of problems. We remembered how to do a four line check, but we still weren't sure everything was clear, so we let the wind inflate the canopy, just to make sure everything was straight.

This was quite intertaining for the younger jumpers at the boogie. Lot's of them came up and asked, "What in the hell are you old Farts doing?"

One of my pals said,"Oh we're just trying to feel young again."

It seems there are several ways to fold the stabilizer panels. Most of the old jumpers I knew, Used to just flake and sleeve para-commanders, without ever laying it down as the manual suggests. I always layed mine out though, and folded it according to the manual. I still ended up with a lot of burns on the canopy, and had plenty of slammer openings.....Steve1

Hey Man, I know what you mean. I have gone all through my grey matter memory banks, and can recall a good field sleeve pack execpt the side panels. I would use a wind pack all laid out on one side of the lines, then fold the side pannels. I had a tighter than factory sleeve made and it worked great in slowing the openings a bit. Just want to be sure of the side panels. Also want to let a good rigger have a look at both of them as I'm sure it has been a few years that they were jumped. All help is appreciated . Wayne

It was tangled to start with so this introduced a lot of problems.

I think it is almost impossible to not have the pilot chute get severely entangled - in and out of the slots.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

I have maybe 10 copies around, which I pass on to people who need them.

PM your snail mail info, and I'll send you one.

Blue skies,

Winsor

Hi Terry,

The 'E' bay sale is not a ParaCommander Owner's Manual. It is a treatise by Gary Lewis on the PC and all of its variations at the time ( I think it was his Masters Thesis ).

The actual original PC Manual showed you how to pack it, etc. Strangely, I have never read Gary's book; and I knew him well.

Just little trivia for some late night in the bar.

Okay, I think I see what you mean. But didn't the owners manual have the same cover? And the ebay add had the "book pack" figure, hmmm which looks a lot like a pro pack, of flaking to each side like a round reserve.

Guess that's why I thought is was the manual. Still not sure it isn't the one I have.

Did the owner's manual have the same cover as the ebay book?
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

Winsor,Thanks a bunch!! my e-mail is [email protected] and my address is 2900 Thaxton Rd. Franklin, Georgia 30217 Please let me know the cost of everything! Thanks, Wayne

Have you noticed that the old farts don't think twice about putting their address or other personal information on line.:P

I guess if you survived the past, surviving the future is a piece of cake.:)
Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Spark, Well I guess we could get rid of all the phone books in the world just to be sure! Oh and lets not forget google, yahoo, etc. All easyly obtained if someone wants it. Just an OLD FARTS opnion! All in jest though as you are right for some info you just don't display. Wayne

Spark, Well I guess we could get rid of all the phone books in the world just to be sure! Oh and lets not forget google, yahoo, etc. All easyly obtained if someone wants it. Just an OLD FARTS opnion! All in jest though as you are right for some info you just don't display. Wayne

I agree with you Wayne. I have left a paper trail for over half a century. If they want me all they have to do is ask and I let them know where to look. Who ever they are.:P

It seems the younger kids are worried about being stalked. Don't wish someone would stalk me.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Sparky, yea, I hear ya! I guess you only have to be burned once but I feel like you do! ;) Don't like getting old though![:/] I remember my first student back in the 60's. I think he was about 55 or so and I thought what is he doing wanting to jump as I was 19 at the time. Oh well, what the heck did I know anyway!! wayne