MikeJD

History of the closing pin necklace

i seem to recall them first appearing some 15 years ago.dont know who made the first ones.personally ,i dont get it,but then i m not much on jewelery.kinda reminds me of this guy i knew 30 years ago.made himself a belt using a shot and a half capewell.then he modified his pants zipper by installing a ripcord(2 pin).

kinda reminds me of this guy i knew 30 years ago.made himself a belt using a shot and a half capewell

That's kinda cool. Cooler then those 3-ring belts that were being sold for a while.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

this guy i knew 30 years ago.made himself a belt using a shot and a half capewell.then he modified his pants zipper by installing a ripcord(2 pin).

yeah, as Dave said, that's cool, any pics available ??
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

i seem to recall them first appearing some 15 years ago.dont know who made the first ones.personally ,i dont get it,but then i m not much on jewelery.kinda reminds me of this guy i knew 30 years ago.made himself a belt using a shot and a half capewell.then he modified his pants zipper by installing a ripcord(2 pin).

Damn:o Hit some with that belt buckle and they were going to stay down.B|

To bad I thru all my hardware away a long time ago. :(Paragear?:P

I don't think it would catch on with the home boys[:/]

R.I.P.

Ahem...

Pin necklaces...

;)

Hi Mike

Ok, OK, Sorry about that..... Had a senior moment:S

How about using closing pins in place of the buttons on a shirt/blouse.:)
R.I.P.

I don't know about the necklaces, but I bet I was the first to do the closing pin panties and bikini tops!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

Ahem...

Pin necklaces...

;)

Hi Mike

Ok, OK, Sorry about that..... Had a senior moment:S

How about using closing pins in place of the buttons on a shirt/blouse.:)
R.I.P.

I don't know about the necklaces, but I bet I was the first to do the closing pin panties and bikini tops!

Hi GG

Pictures:)

Please, Please, have nitro pills ready.:| First? no beer required just a pic for a DOM aka OSSC:)
R.i.P.

That's about right.

I was replacing a bridal and was about to throw the old one away when I realised the pin was still new.. so I cut it off and wore it round my neck.

Of course, it was quite useless there, until I was on a bench in a railway station in Germany in 1986/87 being chased out into the cold by the Police, when some guy said.. "You a skydiver?" When I answered "Yes." I had a new friend and a place to stay for the night.

I'm not wearing one now - mainly I think because everyone does - and that I'm not a big fan of trinkets, rings, tats etc. I quite like the human body just the way it is..

t
It's the year of the Pig.

Seventies...Greg King and Vernon Melanceon were on a road trip,and picked up a bunch of flattened toads off the road.A grommet was put through them and a parachute cord neclace was applied....Talk about a fashon statement! The gnats and flies followed you everywhere.I still have mine.I remember at a party somewhere we were required to eat a leg off our toad.Wasnt youth wonderful[:/]

Anybody have any idea how long pin necklaces have been worn by skydivers? They seem to me to be more popular than ever in the last couple of years, but I'm just curious to know who first had the idea and when.

Tony Domenico started making skydiving jewlery around 83 or so (before he bought Mark Marks parachute sales and service and turned it in to SQ 1). I remember him using regular closing pins on necklaces before making his own in gold. He also used to make these little swooper jumpers on a hand made small beaded necklace with an alagator/ roach clip clasp, I still have one. Probably a collectors item now.

Mick.