nitecap

first jump in the sixties

no pilotchute in reserve no cutaway. Hand reserve deployment.Round twill reserve canopy.
It was a great sport even back then.

See the picture above.. I made that jump in May of this year....No pilot chute... 24' twill reserve... hand deploy....It is an AWSUM sport.. anyway you can get out of the plane:P

Amazon

:$no pilotchute in reserve no cutaway. Hand reserve deployment.Round twill reserve canopy.
It was a great sport even back then.

I made a few S/L jumps that way, but not with twill, it was already banned.

Her face is timeless, change the gear and she could be from this morning.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

hello Don. I too began in 1962, and still have capewells on my main. My reserve was once twill, but its now a 23 ft round, belly wart. I have used twill, and ripstops rserves ( 9 times in all) and remember your name from the good old days. my best regards, Bill Cole D-41

Hi nitecap

Great picture IMO what makes the picture more rare is the jumper is a, is a,... Women!!!! Of course they were jumping back then just not in the numbers that they are now.

Great shot, Great smile remember how tall she was?

R.I.P.

Don't remember how tall she was. I am 5ft 8in and she was a little taller than me.
DON

Hi Don

Well i'm 4ft 9in tall :o so 5ft 8in plus
Works for me:P At my height there's a lot of tall babes out there.:P

Amazon on the other hand has it all, height personality etc.:P But I've been in a long term relationship for 32 plus years (the nunber keeps changing every year:o go figure:S).

R.I.P.

I'll crawl back under my moss cover rock now. Amazon if you read this please don't cripple me if we meet again. A little pain would be OK my safe word is OUCH!:P:P:P

my mom started jumping back in 1965.at that time there were maybe 3 or 4 women jumpers at our dz.

We were jumping at a small DZ in Kansas in 1970 a women (student) started to jump at our DZ in response the pilots wife grounded him:S

Prior to that incident the pilot had told us he was the "king of his castle" (20 yrs). After the incident we asked him what happened to the "king".

The pilot found out his crown was on loan from the queen:)
After a while the DZ returned to "normal" 4 smelly guys wedged into a cessna for a 1/2 hr climb to 7500'.:|

R.I.P.