steve1

Are Canadians Still a Wild Bunch?

Before they moved the drop zone to Lost Prairie, we jumped at a small airport at Kalispell, Mt. Once a year we'd have a jump meet there. (They didn't call them boogies back in then.) The arrival of the Canadians was something most of us looked forward to with anticipation. Many times they would be wearing kilts and the longer the party lasted the wilder things would get. This was the first time I had ever heard of "the dance of the flaming asshole". I was just wondering if Canadians are still this wild or if this practice is still done. I mean it is important to keep up traditions. The group I met at Lost Prairie last year seemed like a tamer bunch, but then again I missed most of the late hours at Tousie's bar. Steve1

I could never keep up with the wild partiers at Lost Prairie. Toe sucking wasn't done back in the 70's. Now that I'm an old fart I'm only good for a couple beers, and then I head for my tent or camper....In fact I'm so old I haven't even jumped, or been to Lost Prairie in three years. So, I can't give much info. on this toe sucking thing.

I wonder if Jaque La Strap is still at Lost Prairie. He was the wildest Canadian that I ever met. Maybe the years have tamed him down some. He was still a wild character, when I saw him three years ago.....even if he didn't wear a kilt anymore!....

I first met Chuteless in Parkman Ohio in 1969. Whenever we heard that "The Canadians" were coming in for a weekend, we'd double the beer order, check the bail fund, and call in "sick" for monday and tuesday. Those are some of the best days I can't remember.

At Z-hills in the 1908’s the Canadians were lovingly called Hemorrhoids. In fact as I understand it, Canadians actually came up with the name. They were called Hemorrhoids because-

1. They came down in bunches.
2. They immediately turned red all over.
3. They were a pain in the ass.
;)