emjumps

Skydive Iran

There was a lot of BS coming from Skydive Iran when they first launched over a year ago so hopefully they are more business like this time around. They claimed to have western instructors including female TI's but these claims were apparently false. Given that they're apparently been in business over a year isn't it about time they used pictures and a video on their website which was filmed in Iran rather than in America?

I wish them luck and would love to jump with them but when my wife spoke to them in August they were quoting solo jump ticket prices of $80.

I spoke with Dean who is supposed to be in charge of the place. He hasn;t made a jump b4 and it's a very startup operation. He couldn't provide me with many details and was real anxious for me(to pay my way) to get over there. This just didn't add up in my mind and after some careful research, I decided against the idea. he then wanted to rent my gear from me and asked if I would be interested in becoming an investor. Makes Bernie Madoff sound like an investing genious. I declined and would recommend anyone considering this to be very careful. Iran's economy will be in the sand with these oil prices and the place isn't very friendly to outsiders to begin with. Check out the State dept. travel website for more info. I really like the idea, but this guy has little to any experience in this business and things could go very badly in a lot of ways and well in very few. Hope this helps

I spoke with Dean who is supposed to be in charge of the place. He hasn;t made a jump b4 and it's a very startup operation. He couldn't provide me with many details and was real anxious for me(to pay my way) to get over there. This just didn't add up in my mind and after some careful research, I decided against the idea. he then wanted to rent my gear from me and asked if I would be interested in becoming an investor. Makes Bernie Madoff sound like an investing genious. I declined and would recommend anyone considering this to be very careful. Iran's economy will be in the sand with these oil prices and the place isn't very friendly to outsiders to begin with. Check out the State dept. travel website for more info. I really like the idea, but this guy has little to any experience in this business and things could go very badly in a lot of ways and well in very few. Hope this helps

I agree with many of the things you say except the place isn't very friendly to outsiders to begin with. Iranians are amongst the friendliest and most welcoming people in the world. If you go there you will get a great welcome.

When Skydive Iran first started up Dean made loads of posts on the UKSkydiver website but just as you found, his answers to posts didn't add up.

Allow me to clarify my point. The US has "0" gov. prescence in Iran and the gov. there led by Achmidinejad (or something like that) has no love lost for the US and I would bet he is not alone over there. If a problem were to arise(Looking at someone's wife the wrong way, drinking, saying anything that could be deemed inappropriate...) One could find themselves in a bit of a pickle. Iran has the largest per capita population under 30 yrs' old. I'll bet they do have a LOT of friendly, warm and wonderful individuals. But, these folks are not running the country and won't be for a bit. I have never been there so, I don't know this personally. I do like the Youtube videos i see out there and it looks like these folks are ready to bust loose. Till the gov. Loosens up a bit, I'll stay a visitor and wait for the change that is inevitably coming. Freedom for all!

I just watched the Tandem Video off their Website. Looks terrible, if not dangerous in my view. They should not only looking for TI's but also for Videographers or at least get their own Stuff instructed.

It wasn't filmed in Iran. When they first opened they claimed to be using a BN Islander but the plane in the video is an Otter, and although they could have changed aircraft I doubt somehow that they could fly an Otter there. Secondly the airport and DZ they fly from is in an arid, semi desert area but the ground seen from the video is pretty green. Like I said in an earlier post if they are in business now isn't it about time that they used a video filmed at their DZ?